Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

9

*Jackie's POV*

"So." I smiled as all three of us laid down on our towels and covered our eyes with sunglasses "How long have you and Matt known eachother?" I asked Val, who was on my left.

"Since elementary school." She answered curtly. I heard Michelle mumble something that sounded like here we go. I just brushed it off.

"Oh, really? That's so sweet. When did you start going out?" I asked, trying to just be sociable, but clearly it wasn't working.

"What is your problem? Are you looking for flaws? Because we aren't flawed... I mean, our relationship isn't flawed. God, some people are just so prying." She huffed. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, I didn't exactly do the greatest with being yelled at. Especially when I didn't believe I had done anything wrong. And I know when I've done things wrong.

"God, Val, shut up. She's just asking a damn question." Michelle interceeded with a huff "You're being defensive. Stop it."

"Butt out, Mich. No one asked you anything." Val hissed "She's a stupid little girl, she needs to keep her eyes to herself and shut. Up."

"Valary!" Michelle sat up quickly, ripping her sunglasses off "Are you fucking, excuse my French, serious right now?"

Val sat up and I suddenly felt incredibly intimidated "Serious about what? Keeping this skank away from my boyfriend? Yah." Val took her sunglasses off and shifted her brown eyes to me "I know how you were flirting with Matt on monday, when Zack and Brian brought you home from.. from the pound or wherever the hell they picked you up." She scoffed "You just listen-"

"No, you listen," Michelle pushed her sister's shoulder "Stop talking to her like that! She didn't do anything, Val! I was there! And from what Matt said, you two weren't even together at the time. So huh." She crossed her arms. I slowly sat up, keeping my sunglasses on so no one noticed the tears in my eyes.

"Matt knows we were together, and he flirted back. He now knows where we stand, and if this little whore thinks she can steal him, she's got another thing coming." Val placed her hand on her hip and turned to me "Got that? You do as much as glance at Matt and I'll put you six feet under."

I couldn't hold them in any longer. I grabbed my towel and bag in one swipe and scrambled to my feet. The tears began slowly, then started flooding my vision as I ignored Michelle hollering for me to stop, and ran for the house. The concrete sidewalk hurt under my feet, my running pace caused my shins to hurt. I wiped at my eyes numerous times, and kept readjusting my bag on my shoulder as I ran. I made it to the front door without running into anyone, and flung it open. I could hear the boys in the living room still. I threw my bag in the closet and dropped my towel, kicked my fliflops off, and finally noticed I was still in my bikini. I pushed my sunglasses ontop of my head, wiping at my eyes as I heard footsteps nearing. I quieted my sobs and choked a few times until I controlled my breath. I tried to clean my makeup up quickly but failed.

"Hey... oh, hey. What are you doing back? I mean... where's Val and Michelle?" It was Matt. Of course it just had to be Matt. I shook my head and kept staring in the mirror, pretending to be fixated on myself, which I wasn't. I was just trying not to look at him "Jackie? What's the matter? Are you... are you crying? What happened?... ZACK! Get out here!" He turned and shouted "Why aren't you talking to me-... what'd Val say?" He sighed heavily "What'd she do?"

I bit my lip, sucking in a sob and shook my head. Zack walked in and sighed "What happened?" He asked and walked over. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I let it all out. I probably soaked his shirt with gallons of saline tears.

"Val called me a skank! A whore! I'm not a whore, I promise! She said I flirted with Matt, and I swear I wasn't!" I sobbed as Zack rubbed my back "She said she was gunna kill me if I even looked at him! I didn't mean to do anything, Zack, I swear! That never even crossed my mind! She called me a stupid little girl!" I sobbed and pulled back, wiping my eyes "I've never been called so many names in one day..."

Zack stepped back and sighed "I knew something would go wrong... Matt.." Zack turned to him. I kept my eyes glued to the floor as the door opened. Val stormed in with Michelle behind her.

"SEE! I told you she'd be here!" Val pointed at me and screamed.

"No duh!" Michelle shouted "She lives here! That's what I TOLD YOU!"

I couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty, even thought I didn't think I did anything wrong, but they were all arguing because of me... me... Oh god.

"Val! Shut up!" Michelle shouted suddenly.

"You bastard! You were going to console her, weren't you?" She walked up to Matt "Oh yah, console the half naked skank. Mhm." She pushed his chest.

"Val, he w-w-wasn't doing anything." I stammered, looking at her. She whipped around and glared at me.

"Don't stand up for him!" She hissed "And what did I tell you about looking at him?!"

"I'm not fucking looking at him!" I shouted, my voice hoarse "I looking at the fucking bitch infront of him! GODDAMNIT! I FUCKING WON'T LOOK AT ANYONE ANY FUCKING MORE!" I Shouted as Zack walked over "No! Go away!"

"Jackie... just listen.." He stopped walking and sighed "This is exactly what I was worried about..."

"I just... I just want to go home." I mumbled and clasped my hand over my mouth as I stared at the floor "This is so dumb. I don't belong here, Mom and Dad knew best even before they knew me." I shook my head.

"No... don't say that." Zack whispered and everyone got deathly silent "This... this is just.."

I shook my head and looked up at Val "Don't worry, I won't even be around when he's around here ok? So... you can screw your head back on and have your fucked up life. I won't even look at any of them." I looked back down and walked up the stairs.

"Jackie!" Matt shouted "Just wait! She- She's.." He paused "Zack! Tell her to listen to me! Or at least... tell her to fucking stop listening to Val!"

"I.. Jackie!" Zack shouted and I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I kept shaking my head and walked faster "Wait! Just listen, just-"

"I don't even want to talk right now, y'know? I kinda really want to go home. Where people don't call you a whore or a skank unless you are one. When Ma' and Dad get home, tell them I need to talk to them." I kept my back to him and walked upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dayyuuuummm!!! LOL Ut oh... lets see what happeeennnsss neeexxxxxxxxttt!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb