Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

90

Matt's

"Hey." I smiled as Jackie walked downstairs, Zack had flipped his shit and left with Liv, but Brian hung around for a while.

"Hi." She smiled and walked to the kitchen. She was wearing leggings and a tank top, pink fuzzy slippers on her feet.

"I can't believe you two." Brian slapped my arm "You're such a dick, you know that?"

"Dude, I can't even explain... it just happened. I mean we've always loved eachother-" I stopped as Jackie walked in with a coffee mug and a bag of spearmint leaves.

"Zack's secret stash hasn't changed in two years." She laughed "Under the microwave."

"NIce." I laughed and patted the seat next to me, she cocked her head to the side and sat across the room "Ok...?"

"What?" She asked, sipping her coffee.

"You're not gonna come sit with me?" I asked. Brian looked between us and chuckled under his breath.

"Why would I?" Jackie asked.

"Uhm..." I looked from her to Brian and back "What am I missing?" I asked.

"I think you're too snuggly after hooking up." Jackie laughed as she turned to Brian "Wouldn't you say so?"

"Yup." Brian laughed.

"Hooking up?" I asked "We fucked.." I stared at her "Wasn't that... like.. us..."

"Getting back together?" Jackie laughed "Matt, no." She shook her head and ate a spearmint leaf "No no and no. I'm not trying to get out of rehab and suddenly be in a committed relationship. I'm 'bout to go make some money and have fun. Get drunk, party, have fun, fuck dudes, have fun... did I mention have fun?" She asked. My heart ached, why was I such a pussy "I don't want a relationship, thanks though."

"I mean... so.."

"We fucked." Jackie stared at me, speaking slowly "We had sex, you put ya' dick in me. That's it. We didn't magically fix all our problems, we didn't suddenly get over ourselves and our problems. It all wasn't magically solved when you came into a condom while telling me you loved me." She giggled under her breath "Matt, we're two humans who crossed paths in life, made a couple mistakes, a miracle, and lost whatever we had along the way. So we happen to still be in eachothers lives because of the band.. but we aren't getting back together right now. If ever."

"Shut. Down." Brian laughed, I gaped at him "What? Just saying..."

"Well... I'm sorry." I shrugged "For whatever the fuck I did to hurt you that badly."

"Which would have been giving up on me when I needed you." She shrugged "But it's ok now, I went to rehab thanks to Zack." She smiled and stood up "Now if you two goobers will excuse me, I'm going to go sign up for this yoga class downtown, I feel like getting in touch with my Zen would be a good life decision at this point."

Brian and I watched as she walked out and he began laughing as she left "Dude you're such a woman!" He shouted "God, just take the random hooking up with her to your advantage. Either she'll break down eventually because she's putting up a bullshit cover for her feelings, or she'll still breakdown eventually because she's ready to settle down and you're the only sucker stil around that puts up with her shit."

"Thanks, makes me feel really good about myself." I sighed "Where'd Zack and Liv go?" I asked "I kind of wanted to go have practice."

"Dude don't fuck his sister and nag him for a band practice all in one day. That's a little much. Let it sink in for him now. I bet once they meet back up and she explains her cold hearted fuck and run to him they'll be fine and he'll forgive you and possibly laugh harder than I did."

"Yup." I nodded "He potentially will..."