Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

91

Jackie's POV

Matthew. Oh. Matthew. He couldn't take a hint. Zack would come home from band practice, every day, with some new question Matt had for me. If I was interested in going out this weekend, if I wanted to talk, if I wanted to come to such and such bar. Ugh. I let each request fall flat onto the floor with a straight:

"No." I huffed for the fifteenth time this week.

"Why? He just wants to hang out-"

"Zachary." I put my fingers to my temples, rubbing my acrylic nails against my temples. "He wants to talk to me about us which isn't a thing no matter how much he wants it to be." I groaned "Can you stop telling him you'll relay this obsurd shit for him? Please Zach, as my brother, can you do that for me?" I asked "I have too much on my brain lately."

"Fine." I sat down across from me, moving some of the books from infront of me. I had taken Liv's advice and, with my spare time, started taking classes with her at the college she went to. Nursing. Wasn't too hard but I wanted something I could help people with. I was hoping to eventually be a pediatric nurse, but for now I was just focussing on studying. "So are you happy Liv nagged you into studying?" Zach asked with a smile "You've been taking it prett seriously so far."

"Yah." I smiled "I'm glad I'm doing it. This ontop of just centering myself and getting back to a normal life... feels so good.." I tapped my nails ontop of my book "I can't wait to be done and start the work aspect of it."

"I can't imagine you working with sick people." Zach laughed as his phone went off "Speaking of Liv." He unlocked his screen "Ello love." He smiled and nodded "Yah of course we're here. Yah sure. Oh..." He glanced up at me "Yah, whatever.. No it'll be fine. Adults... yah, sure, if that's what they call it these days. See you soon babe." He laughed and hung up.

"Oh?" I laughed "Adults?"

"She's coming over." He smiled "With a friend."

"Who?" I asked "Do I know her?"

"Uhh... him." Zach looked in the air and shrugged "And yah."

"You don't have to hide Matt from me you asshole." I laughed and stood, beginning to tidy up the table.

"I figured you'd be upset." He stood and helped "I'm glad you're not, and Brian's coming too with Mich."

"I'll call Jim and it'll be a party." I laughed "Oh speaking of, the guys and girls should come over this weekend, I'm having a get together this weekend with some of my friends-"

"Friends?" Zach asked questionably.

"I have friends." I rolled my eyes as he eyed me "From school ok?"

"Nurses?" He smirked.

"No... well a few yah. But a few others in my elective courses too."

"Guys?" Zach asked nonchalantly.

"A couple, and a couple chicks too. WOW detective Zach on the case." I laughed as he looked at me and sighed.

"And you think introducing them to the crew is a good idea?" He asked. I nodded "Well I'll see what everyone's doing. I can't make any promises though. You might have to wait to shove it in Matt's face that he's a loser." Zach gently pinched my arm as the doorbell rang, quickly followed by it opening and laughter erupting.

"Well, I can still do that this morning. I have a few numbers up my sleeve." I smiled as a very overly happy to see me Matt walked through the door. "Plan A... begins." I smiled and grabbed my phone and sent a quick text.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY!!! I got really good at updating this then my laptop died -_- and then I bought a replacement and it shit the bed too! My effing luck. So I went and bought a goPro camera today (for my trip to the grand canyon next month) and had to buy a laptop to edit on so I dropped a ton of unnecessary money today annnnnd I can update!! hahaha! And yes, I might be a little AWOL coming up cuz prep for the trip out west is happening!

BUT! I Will be updating when I get back because part of our trip we're going to Huntington Beach for a day to sight see (inner fangirl freaked out way too much over this) And one of the girls I'm going with is an A7X fan and I didn't even know that and I was freaking out about going and she was like "Why are you so excited?" And I was like "My favorite band ever is from there it's just cool." She was like "Who?" And I said a7x and we both fangirled haha. So awesome.

ANYWAYS! Hope the update is ok, sort of cliff hanger-y... And I also got a new promotion at work and a location transfer so I'm also trying to get used to 40+ hours as opposed to 30 (IF THAT) oo yah! lots of change, I'll be around though guys! I hope I still have some readers!! Comment and lemme know what you think so far???

xoxoxoxoxoxo Jb