Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

97

*Jackie's POV*

I couldn't help but be excited for work the next morning. I showered and did my hair, and slipped on my outfit quickly before running downstairs with my shoes only half on. I paused in the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and my purse.

"Morning."

I turned around as Matt stood in the doorway "Oh, hi." I nodded and continued pouring creamer into my coffee "Wish I could talk but I have to go or I'll be late."

"Yah, long drive ahead." He nodded "Can we talk later?"

"No, I'm moving my stuff later." I shook my head "I don't have time, I don't want to do this drive again tomorrow. And plus I have plans with Aaron later after we finish moving my stuff in."

"So... we're done?" He asked. I nodded "Wow."

"Wow what? Did you expect me to let you guys treat me like shit last night?" I laughed "And you not caring enough to remember I got a new job and an apartment? No."

"I'm sorry, we've all been going through a lot lately, Jackie." He sighed "Please?"

"Matthew." I stared at him, finishing my coffee quickly "N-O, I have to leave. I'll see you around." I smiled and walked out, checking my phone before realizing how terribly Jimmy parked my car last night "Uhg." I groaned and got in, maneuvering out of the driveway and up the street, watching as Matt closed the front door and walking back inside.

There goes everything I ever wanted in life. Gone.

Matt's POV

"So?" Zack asked as he walked down the stairs a little while after Jackie left "Have you talked to her yet?"

"She left for work like half an hour ago." I shrugged and flicked through the TV for something other than news "She was pissed still. Aaron's coming over tonight to help her move up to Bakersfield-"

"She's moving to Panama, not Bakersfield. Her job is in downtown Bakersfield, do you ever listen?" Zack laughed "Dude, I know what she means now."

"I'm not the one who called her a fucking piece of shit." I hissed at him "Shut up."

"Regardless, tonight might be the last time we get the chance to apologize and prove it to her."

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"Oh, I'll figure it out." He smiled and sat down, "I know."