Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

98

Jackie's POV

I sat at my desk, scanning the email infront of me, smiling ear to ear. Legalities were my favorite and my morning just got a whole lot better. But no matter the content of the email infront of me, no matter how incredible it was and I couldn't wait to tell Zack, I couldn't help but realize I probably wouldn't win in the position I was currently in. I huffed and looked around my desk, the paper work building up wasn't helping my thought process.

"You aren't cut out for this."

I looked up as my coworker, Tad, sat down infront of me, shaking his head. "Excuse me?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Look in the mirror hunny." He laughed, flipping his hand in the air. "You? That body? You shouldn't be wasting away in an office all day." He shook his head "You should be modeling, styling, something other than sitting on that fine ass all day. And that's in a totally non-suggestive kind of way." He winked "If you now what I mean." I stared at him "I'm gay." He rolled his eyes "So, you should pack up your shit and scoot that booty right on out of here."

"But I need this job-"

"Listen," He grabbed a piece of paper and his phone "This is my cousin, ok? She's a photographer in Miami, they need models." He looked around "Badly. They pay well, and there's housing right down the street from the studio. They can fly you out, on them, to find out if they want you. If they do, it's all set from there. It's a dream."

"Are you... are you serious? You'd... you'd give me that information? Like... that's real?" I asked as he slid the card across the table "Like..."

"Every girl's American Dream." He smiled and tapped the paper "I'll shoot her an email and let her know you're calling... Baker right?" He asked, I nodded, mouth slightly slack at the though "Call her tonight, she'll be waiting." He smirked and looked at my desk, shrugging "I'd hurry if I were you."

I began gathering my things, shoving all my belongings, which weren't many since it was my first day, into my over sized purse that Michelle had gotten me last year when we went shopping for tour. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a quick apology to my manager and walked out the door, running as fast as possible in these heels to my car. I got in and started it up, tears brimming my eyes as I grabbed my phone.

But I stopped quickly. Who in God's name was I going to call?

Brian? Like he'd give two hoots.

Matt? Yup, let's not even go there.

Aaron?... He could wait, I mean.. who are we kidding, that's not going anywhere.

Zack? I'd be home soon enough to tell him.

I pressed my foot to the gas and began blasting music driving hurriedly towards Zack's house. I couldn't even wait to tell him the news, and with this happening, I decided to give Alesandra a call. Tad's cousin who's name was neatly scrawled on the paper clutched in my hand.

"Hello this is Alesandra Harmon's office, Gabrielle speaking. How may we assist you?" An airy voice answered.

"Hello, my name is Jaclyn Baker, I'd like to speak with Miss Harmon?" I asked.

"Oh, Tad's friend." I could hear the smile in her voice "She's expecting your call, let me send it over, hold for one sec hun."

"Ok." I smiled as the line died then soon was picked back up.

"Alesandra Harmon speaking, Miss Baker?" She asked.

"This is she." I responded.

"So glad to hear from you so quickly, Tad said you'd be calling, I got his email probably five minutes ago. The answers yes."

"Are you serious?" I asked "I mean... He explained everything? And yes to... to what exactly?" I asked.

She laughed, not in a rude way, but in a friendly way "Tad explained you're incredibly gorgeous, everything our agency's looking for, and I'm willing to take his judgement and leap. A leap of faith if you will." Her voice was confident "When would it be convenient for you to fly down here? You're in Los Angeles, am I correct?"

"Correct, and... I mean... next weekend? So I can tell my family first?" I asked "Unless sooner would be better for you, I mean-"

"We cater to you, hun. Let me see..." She paused and I heard clicking keys "How's a flight at 8am next Saturday work for you?"

"That would be perfect-"

"Done." A loud clicking noise was audible "I'll email you the confirmation number, and if you'd email me your address I can set up a car to pick you up and bring you to LAX, it'll all be set."

"Are you serious? Oh my god that's amazing... thank you so much-"

"Don't thank me, thank Tad. I don't take recommendations often. But... he told me there was something about you that we needed. So be ready by six on Saturday, I'll email you the rest. Anything else you need Miss Baker?"

"No.. thank you so much, I can't wait to meet you and your team." I smiled.

"I can't wait either, I'll see you Saturday, have a great afternoon Miss Baker."

"See you Saturday Miss Harmon." I smiled and hung out as I pulled into Zack's driveway, the smile on my lips ear to ear by now.

I hopped out of the car not expecting anyone to be home, but a few familiar cars were in the yard, none made me annoyed so I continued walking to the door. I kicked it open and my smile widened as Zack stood and smiled at me.

"I'm so sorry, Jackie-"

"I'm sorry Zack!" I screamed as he hugged me "I'm sorry for scaring you..."

"I'm sorry for being a gigantic asshole, and being a terrible brother, please don't leave!" He stared at me as he put me down "Why... why are you so smiley?"

"Two reasons, both I feel you'll need to sit down for." I smiled as he led us into the livin room where every one sat. Yes everyone, but at this point I couldn't care less if Matt heard the double dose of news.

"Ok sis, hit me with it."

I smiled wide as Zack sat down "Let me get my computer." I knelt to my bag and pulled out my laptop, smiling as I opened my emails.

Matt's POV

"Let me get my computer." Jackie smiled from ear to ear as she opened her laptop.

"Can we get a hint?" Jimmy asked, she shook her long hair around her face "Damnit, bitch."

"Does it have to do with not moving?" Michelle winked.

"Far from it." Jackie looked up and smiled "Far. From. It. So here's the deal." She clicked one last time and cleared her throat "So, while I was in rehab, mom and dad.." She swallowed hard "Mom and Dad gave my daughter up for adoption-"

"Our." I corrected.

"No, my." She looked up "Under state law, considering we weren't married, Madeline solely belonged to me. Madeline Anna Baker belonged to me and at no point in time did I sign over sole custody to Mom and Dad." She looked at Zack, her eyes sparkling "So... what they did was illegal, and my attorney-"

"Attorney? Where did you get an attorney?" Zack asked.

"Anne and Kevin." She smiled "I called them last night. Regardless," She cleared her throat "Tomorrow I get to go to court and win my baby back-"

"EXCUSE ME?" I stood up quickly "Your baby?! Do I have no say in this??" I asked loudly and Jackie laughed.

"No, you don't. Because Saturday I'm moving to Miami for my new job, also. Which is the second half of the news." She smiled "I mean... it's all so crazy-"

"Yah, crazy, because she's almost a year and a half and her mother's FINALLY coming to her senses and being an adult!" I shouted "This is ridiculous Jaclyn!"

"Really?! How so?" She stood and screamed at me "How is this ridiculous, Matthew? The fact I looked in to it because I never remember signing over custody to my parents? Cuz I want my child? Because I want to do what's right for her?!" I screamed "Or because I'll have all of that, and you won't? Because I'm still not letting you have her?"

"Shut the fuck up." I hissed, feeling my heart break, knowing that she was spot on "Shut. Up."

"Oh how mature." She laughed "Matt... maybe if you weren't such a bitter child I would consider letting you interact with Maddy... but there's only room for one two year old. And that's my baby." I smiled and stood up "So Zack, you win for another week.. you get me for another week. Then... well then you'll have to come visit me in Miami." I smiled.

"I.. I.. I dont know what to say." Zack was trying to hide a smile, I could tell "I'm so happy for you... it's... it's kind of crazy."

"I KNOW!" Jackie stood up "But... I'm stepping up, that's my child. Not some family in Washingtons. I feel... I feel sort of bad for taking her back but... I never consented to this anyways."

"I can't believe you. I'm pretty sure going back to being addicted to heroin is consenting to it." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh will you shut up." Jackie rolled her eyes "Remember, bitter child, I'm the one getting everything you want right now." She smirked and stood up "I mean. I'm having two changes of heart in one day, it's monumental." She winked at me and walked upstairs.

"Someone remembered their medication today." Brian laughed "But... wow... wow." He laughed "That was some news."

"Y'think?" I stared at where Jackie had been "I'm gonna go talk to her."

"Matt." Zack warned.

"Shut up, I got this." I waved him off and walked upstairs.

"Took you long enough." Jackie smirked as she sat on her bed, staring me straight in the eye "I knew that'd get you up here."

"Oh?" I smirked and kicked the door shut behind me "And what's the plan now? I mean... You're moving, getting Mads back.." I shrugged "What else?"

"I mean..." She looked at the ceiling "Me and Maddy... it's totally an incomplete triangle." She smiled at me as I pulled her up off the bed "I think..." She whispered as I brought her closer "This is what I needed, we couldn't be without her.."

"I know." I whispered and pressed my lips against hers "I need you.. I love you, I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry Matt, I really am. For being a blind asshole... Will you come with me tomorrow?" She asked, looking up at me as I rested my forehead against hers "Please? I need you.."

"Of course I will."

"Thanks babe." She smile at me "I love you.."

"I love you too." I smiled.

"I'm so happy I came to my senses, I'm so glad you're such an amazing man." She smirked at me and kissed me, "I love you."

"I love you too babe. Now... let's get this going." I smirked and pushed her against the bed "I've been waiting forever to do this."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehem. Yus. This. This thing right here. Update. Next one should be tomorrow night if I'm not too dead from work, working 8am to 9pm... y'know, the usual? hahaha. Then Wednesday like 2pm to 9pm which soundsooooooo much better haha.

Hope it's ok!!! Commmmeeeennnttstsss make me sooo happppyyyy :) <3

xxxxJ