‹ Prequel: Warrior Twilight
Status: apologies readers.. heh... heh..

Warrior Twilight 2

Phone Call

*BBBBBBBBRRRIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
I set my tasty cup of apple-juice down on the round wooden table and walked over to the phone on the wall.

In the past 3 months, I had become increasingly human. Not only had Jacob taught me how to use a phone (and exactly what one was) but i had begun to actually take a liking to human food. Apple-juice was my new obsession. I had had no idea that anything other than water existed that could be drunk!

"Helloo!" i said into the phone with a funny voice. The only people that ever called here where part of Jacob's pack, or their families; people who i was now very comfortable with.

Seth, who was just the biggest sweet-heart ever, Emily, who treated me like i was her sister... everybody had pretty much accepted me as soon as they heard Jacob had imprinted on me. Except for Leah, but I was sure it was only because she was naturally a very mean, bitter person.

"Hello, is this, um, Dawnstar?"
"Uh-... yes?" I had no idea who this was, and for some reason the phone now scared me.
"Hello, I am calling on behalf of... Scarpath?"
My ears perked up. "OH! You mean Madelaine, right?"

Madelaine hadn't been a cat for years, so using her cat name wasn't really appropriate. We had been great friends, but she had quit the clan to pursue her acting career. She had been the chief story teller before she left. We had had trouble trying to replace her.

"Yes- oh, and my name is Kim, I'm Madelaine's Agent's Secretary. You've been invited to the last showing of the Musical 'Little Shop of Horrors', are you familiar with it?"
"Eh-... noo."
"Well, your friend Madelaine has the female lead, and she would like to give you two front-row tickets so that you and your sister... um... Sparklepaw, can see her on stage! Would you in any way be interested?"
I let my eyes wander around the dining room.

Last I had heard, Madelaine was in Hollywood. That would mean quite a long drive. But at the same time, Madelaine was my good friend, and i owed it to her as an X clan member. Brooklyn probably wouldn't be that interesting in dropping everything to go see some show, though. Just a month ago she had gotten a nice job at some coffee-shop. Missing multiple days of work to go see some show would probably cost her it.

As soon as i thought of an alternative person, my mind instantly came up with 'Jacob', and my eyes subconsciously drifted towards the bedroom. My thoughts started to wander, and then chills ran up my spine, raising goose-bumps on my arms. I quickly averted my train of thought.

"Hello?"
"Oh! Yes, yes i am interested. But my sister is busy, would it be okay if i brought my boyfriend instead?"
"Oh yes, of course that would be fine! Do you have a peice of paper and a pen?"

Once i had gotten both, she told me that the night we where supposed to come to was in two days, and that hotel accommodations would be provided for us, which she gave me the address to. I then gave her my email address (Jacob had helped me make one a few days ago) so that she could send me the two V.I.P. passes that i needed to print out. I'd have Jacob help me do that, since i had no idea what 'print out' meant.

She said goodbye cheerfully, bidding both Jacob and myself a safe drive down to California, and then we hung up.

'She seems nice,' i thought to myself, which was when Jacob walked through the screen door in the dining room, which i had left partly open to let in some fresh air on such a nice day, shirtless and out of breath, panting, a slight gleam on his muscled body. I assumed he had just been swimming.

"Who was that, Seth?" he asked, walking towards me and kissing me forcefully on my mouth in hello.
"Nope," i said into his warm lips while i wrapped my arms around his neck, greeting him.

This is what we had mostly been doing for the past 2 months. The first month consisted mostly of flirting and teasing each other, which of course led to... other things.

"Sam?" he asked, moving on to my ear.
I giggled and hugged him around the waist, holding him tight.
"Nope," i answered again.

Jacob paused, thinking, pulling away to look at my face. Then he snickered. "Was it Leah?" he asked innocently.
"HA!" I laughed, hiding my face in my hands, my shoulders shaking with silent laughter.
Although Leah was kind of really mean, i felt bad for her, and therefore felt bad about making fun of her.
"Nope," i finally made out when i had gotten control of myself.
"Kay..." Jacob picked me up and set me down on the kitchen counter so that I was closer to eye-level with him. He was REALLY tall. "Who was it?"
I smiled at him and kissed his chin, which was much easier to get at than his lips. "It was my friends agents secretary. My friend, Madelaine, is starring in this Hollywood show and we're invited! All expenses paid, we just have to get there!" I grinned, still very proud of myself for talking on the phone to a new person I didn't know.
"Ooh, that sounds fun," he grinned back.
"So can we go?" i asked hopefully. It really was completely dependent on him, since i didn't know how to drive. He had been trying to teach me, but it really wasn't working out so well.
"Yeah, course! When do we leave?"
"Yay!" i shouted, jumping up in down where i sat.
He laughed at me. "Ha, you're cute." He leaned forward to kiss me again, putting his pointer finger just down the top of my jeans to pull my body closer to him.
"Jacob!" I gasped, smiling, pretending that what he was doing was 'improper'.
"Yeah Baby?" he asked, pretending to ignore my fake protests.

Apparently, imprinting made wolf shape-shifters REALLY REALLY horny.
But hey, it's not like i was complaining. At all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Okay, in the Warriors books, how do cats get married? Anybody know??? gahhh.
i'm so glad i started up the second part-thing of this story! :D
yay! and jsyk, i respond well to nagging ;P (no seriously. you want more? comment! :D)