Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Tell me once or maybe twice.

Four days until the ball, and two days until Fallon found out if she was allowed to go. She wasn’t one for balls. Secretly, or maybe not so much, she wanted to go for Draco. He hasn’t been himself; the person most people hate but Fallon especially liked.

“Dracooo,” she called in a singsong voice, waving her hand several times in front of his face. “Draco!” she snapped as she watched Draco flinch.

“What?” he mumbled leaning back in his chair.

“Get me some water,” she demanded, waiting for Draco’s usual response of 'Get it yourself bitch’ with a smirk to go along with it. To Fallon’s chagrin, Draco did exactly what he was told without dragging his feet and whining obnoxiously. When he returned, he went back to staring off and ignoring Fallon.

“Draco, why are you being like this?” she asked, distress making her voice slightly tremble. Draco turned his head in her direction, but still said nothing. Fallon puffed out her upper lip, laid down facing him, and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “Talk to me,” she pleaded, settling her head on his shoulder.

“I’m just having a rough time,” he answered quickly, rubbing his eyes with his fingers until they met, and then moved on to pinch the bridge of his nose.

“Cut the bullshit. You know that I know your lying so you might as well just spit it out already,” she barked and bit the soft flesh of his ear lobe.

“Ow! Bloody hell!” he yelled prying her off of him and plopping her body on the bed. He sneered at her then ruffled his hair.

“Tell. Me. Now.”

“Why? Why is it so bloody important that I tell something that isn’t even that big of a matter?” Fallon felt like ripping out her hair from the roots. She thought she finally made it through his thick skull, but it really seems like she only penetrated through the scalp. It was as if they were back at square one all over again.

“Answer me this, why do you keep to yourself? You’ve must’ve of told someone.” Draco looked at her from under his hair and quickly returned to his original state.

“If it were that easy don’t you think I would’ve told you by now,” he stated in a monotone voice.

Fallon growled in frustration. “I don’t know Draco; you’re a little bit on the difficult side when it comes to reading you.” Draco blinked in response. Fallon thrashed around on the bed. “Ahhhhh! You piss me off!” she screamed at the top of her lungs while she repeatedly smashed him on the head with her pillow.

Something in Draco’s head finally clicked as he ripped the pillow from her grasp. “You’re going to wear yourself out and not be strong enough to go to the ball.”

“Finally you respond,” she said exasperatedly, throwing her hands in the air to show him how exhausted he had made her become.

“That’s your own fault, you had it coming,” he told her, starting to ease back to normal.

“Pftttttttttttt, yeah right. If you actually did things that real human-beings did I wouldn’t have to go to the extremes to get your attention.”

“Sorry, my mind is just else where,” Draco said resting his head on Fallon’s lap.

“I haven’t even noticed,” Fallon said sarcastically before she pecked him on the cheek.

“Place those lips right here and I swear I’ll hang off your every word,” he drawled while he touched his own lips.

“Naaaw, I kind of like it when you’re being quiet,” she taunted stroking the milky white skin of his face.

Draco’s jaw fell open. “That’s a lie. You’re really concerned; I know that for a fact.”

“If you tell me what’s bothering you, I wouldn’t have to be concerned,” she confessed, her facial features harbouring sadness.

“After the ball, I swear on my life. I don’t want to fuck up the only chance I might have to take you to the ball,” he reasoned, grabbing both her hands and measuring them with his.

“You think I’d go for that?” she grilled, flicking him in the forehead.

“That’s what I was expecting,” he stated hopefully placing both her hands over his heart.

“You’re lucky that I’m really looking forward to the ball, or I’d strangle all your secrets out of you right now,” she spoke through her teeth and prodding him in the eye. He swatted her finger away before pouncing on her sending them both back into the bed and Draco began to affectionately place soft kisses on her neck.

“I’m relaxed already,” he breathed, causing goose bumps to arise from their hiding places.

“You could’ve fooled me,” she giggled as he kissed his way up to her lips.

“Draco Malfoy!” Madam Pomfrey screeched ripping him off the redheaded girl. Fallon laughed loudly as she watched a light peach dust across his face as the older woman lectured him. “How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?!? Just because your last name is Malfoy does not mean you get everything you want! No touching Fallon! Have I made myself clear?” Draco nodded attentively, wiping the sweat off his brow as she made her way over to Fallon.

“You missy, don’t fall for his shenanigans. I believe he seems well, but there’s a little bit of shadiness following in his wake,” she alerted and then proceeded with her job.

“You’re a shady character Mr. Malfoy,” Fallon said sheepishly. She sat up and gazed at Draco cocking her head to the side. She knew what ever he had to tell wasn’t going to be an everyday problem, but who couldn’t figure that one out? She recognized all of his faces well enough that when she saw this new one recently, she could tell she wasn’t going to be happy to hear what he had to say. All she could do for now is pay it no mind and push the matter away.

Once she noticed Draco caught her staring she out-stretched her arms, signalling for a hug. “This doesn’t count to get me slaughtered, does it?” he implored as he squeezed her firmly in his robust arms. Fallon shook her head as she buried it in his chest.

“Absolutely not. I requested for it,” she mumbled into his shirt as she inhaled his savoury scent. “Lunch should be ending soon. Go to class you bum,” she reminded him, but her arms remained clasped around him.

“If you want me to go to class you’re going to have to let go, Fallon,” he chuckled as he went to detach himself her, but decided last minute he would hang on a little longer.

“Okay you can go,” she said abruptly startling him with her change of tone and air. She tucked her hair simply behind her ears as she inspected her nails. Draco felt rejected and sorry for himself as he made to leave, and took an extra glance back before he left. She was stretching and yawning; maybe he tuckered her out a little too much. Draco expired the stale air he held in his lungs and exited the room.

Fallon felt bad for pushing him away so suddenly, but she was starting to feel sick to her stomach and powerless. She had been recovering well from her treatments and stayed exuberant. However, something didn’t seem quite right. Her stomach churned uneasily and panicky feelings started to overwhelm her. Hallucinations began to pop up one by one, each one more scarier than the next. Before Fallon could call for Madam Pomfrey the top of her head went frozen and she experienced tunnel vision for no more than fifteen seconds before she faded into the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler-ish I guess. I don't really like this one personally, but maybe someone will. If I absolutely had to pick a picture of what Fallon looks like, I think she would look most like this.
Image
It took forever to find a picture, but that's pretty much how I imagined her. But with curlier, redder hair. And light green eyes. What do you guys think?