Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

The ball.

Fallon posed in the dress in front of Madam Pomfrey and Daphne Greengrass. Fallon tried to convince Daphne that she didn’t need help but she insisted. Draco picked out a silver dress for her and to say the least, it was very interesting. It had lot’s of embellishments from the straps of the dress down to mid-thigh.

“This must’ve cost a fortune,” Fallon said flabbergasted letting the silky material slip through fingers.

Daphne stroked her chin like an old man before she grabbed a handful of Fallon’s hair and pinned it up. “There, you’re the model of sheer pefection,” Daphne said excitedly while she did a few touch-ups.

“Really? You think so.” Fallon was beyond self conscientious at that moment. Her skin was so translucent that every vein could be seen from miles away, her waist was so thin that she couldn’t quite fill out the dress and her hair seemed more wild than normal.

“Don’t worry Fallon, dear. Just have fun tonight, you deserve a break,” Madam Pomfrey said sincerely cupping her cheek the way a mother would. “But I must say you look really beautiful,” she exclaimed starting to go a bit red in the face as she pressed her lips together.

“Oh, please tell me you’re not going to cry,” Fallon pleaded, wanting nothing more than an average happy moment so she could forget she was sick for a little while.

“Of course not. Why would I do such a silly thing?” Then Madam Pomfrey turned away and that’s when Fallon knew she was having complications holding back her emotions. “Off you go,” she shooed while grabbing her hanker chief and loudly blowing her nose.

Daphne took Fallon’s hand and dragged her to the Great Hall where Draco met them. “I guess I picked out the right dress,” he smirked as he stole her hand away from Daphne’s.

“You picked it out? That’s hard to believe. You’re like the King of Darkness right now,” she feigned astonishment as she skimmed her eyes over his entirely black outfit.

“Black is sexy. Look how good I look,” he said cockily before leading her into the Great Hall.

“That’s what you’d like to think.”

“I could ask any girl in here what she thinks and I’d have them all crawling at my feet. But I’d rather hear you’re opinion over theirs,” he assured her leaning in to briefly touch lips.

“I’m glad to hear that.” As soon as they walked through the doors, Fallon had both hands clasped tightly around one of his. She trailed behind him closely to avoid seeing her fellow students. Her throat started to feel constricted as she noticed Draco was heading right to the centre.

“I can’t go in the middle, Draco,” she panicked hugging his arm and pressing her cheek against it.

“It’ll be fun trust me,” he told her and kissed the top of her head. Before Fallon could even comprehend what was happening, Draco had his hands on her hips, and pressed his body against hers leaving her no choice but to sway along with him.

Within twenty minutes, Fallon was mesmerized by the events evolving on the dance floor. Draco was being nothing but a charmer and a gentleman, always holding both her hands and pulling her closer to whisper affections into her ear. Now, Draco was trying to get Fallon to do a serious waltz, only making her giggle at his facial expressions.

“What’s so funny?” he questioned bringing her close and placed a kiss on her cheek several times.

“I never thought you even knew the definition of serious,” she chortled trying to push him back to spare her the embarrassment.

“Baby, with a face like this you don’t even need to know the definition.”

“Don’t be so cocky,” she accused as she started to dance normally again, Draco holding the tips of her fingers. “And don’t call me baby.”

“You know you like it.” Fallon shivered. Since when did he get so close?

“I have to take a potion now.” Fallon took this chance to take a step back only to bump into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry,” she apologised as she turned around and downed her potion in one gulp.

“Did Malfoy turn you into an alcoholic Geneva?” a scar-clad boy asked.

Fallon blinked a few times. How could he talk to someone like that? She was a human being that could talk, not some demon Saint Potter slayed. “Excuse me. Is that the way you talk to people?”

“Only Slytherins,” Harry spat.

“F.Y.I. I’m a fucking Ravenclaw, Potter. Moreover, I’m not an alcoholic. If you actually thought less about yourself you might’ve heard that I’ve been sick,” Fallon snarled beginning to walk away before she blew her fuse as she probably would once she evacuated the hall.

“Contracted a disease from Malfoy?” Fallon glared at Harry. That stupid son of a bitch is smirking? she thought as she started to tighten her jaw and clench her hands. When was Draco going to jump in and join the fun?

“Harry Potter I swear to god, say one more word and I’ll hex your ass so hard your dead parents will roll over in their graves.” Fallon could hear all the gasps and snickers coming from the student body surrounding them as she let the words roll off her tongue. Fallon saw his right shoulder twitch and her eyes immediately glanced down at his hand. In a blink of an eye, Harry had his wand poking the tip of her nose.

Finally Draco stepped in and gripped Harry’s wrist tightly. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” he suggested shoving his hand back at the hot-headed boy.

“And why shouldn't I? I know what you’re doing and it’s not as simple as you screwing around,” Harry spouted getting up close and personal with Draco. Draco noticeably stiffened.

“You don’t know a damn thing,” he roared before he briskly grabbed Fallon and took her outside. Fallon hugged herself as she watched Draco punch the air crazily. Countless thoughts started to speed through Fallon’s mind until she felt as if it would burst at the seams.

“Okay Draco, it’s time to ‘fess up,” she demanded, backing him into the brick wall.

“The ball is still going on. It only started not even a half hour ago.” Fallon cradled his face in her hands.

“You’re telling me now. I don’t care how awful, painful or sad it may be, you have to tell me,” she said calmly even though Draco was visibly starting to freak out.

“I said after the ball, please let me tell you after,” he begged holding her shoulders and lightly shaking her. Fallon was baffled by his actions.

“If you’re that desperate then fine. I just thought now would be a good time,” she shrugged as she meandered away. “We’re alone and no one else is around so I just thought tha-”

Now Draco had her up against the wall. “There are other things we could do alone,” he breathed in her ear, gently kissing all her exposed skin he could find. Fallon gasped when he reached the base of her throat. “Found it,” he smirked against her skin then ran his hot tongue over the spot.

“Stop Draco,” she inhaled sharply.

“Why?” He repeatedly kissed the spot before he moved to her lips. “Why?” he spoke again. Fallon’s eyes have already been closed for several minutes. All her thoughts were jumbled and no matter how hard she tried to sort them out she lost focus. Being in Draco’s mere presence weakened her frail body, and every touch made her blood boil.

“Because I’m not your girlfriend,” she managed to squeak out, saying the first thing that sprung into her mind.

“Well you sure act like it.” He kissed her softly. Fallon just needed one excuse to stop her from completely loosing all self-control; something she never thought was plausible.

“Well it’s no-not o-official,” she stuttered as he kissed the corner of her mouth instead. Once Fallon lost all logical thoughts from being clearly displayed in her mind, she acted completely on impulse.

“Fallon, be my girlfriend,” he whispered in between kisses.

“Okay,” she agreed easily wrapping her arms around his neck and ultimately giving back every kiss she received. Seconds later their bodies shaped together, Draco holding onto her hips for dear life, afraid she might slip away from his grasp. Fallon obliged to his every movement and responded eagerly. It seemed to both of them that it ended to soon but they needed to return to the dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will you enjoy it? This was fairly easy to write so I suspect it's way better than the one before. Hope you like it! And I'd like to thank everyone who has commented or subscribed, it really makes me happy!