Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

The gates of heaven.

Fallon stepped through the threshold of the Malfoy Manor, biting her index finger to stop herself from screaming.

“Fallon, how great to see you,” Narcissa Malfoy said cheerfully opening her arms inviting Fallon to step into them.

“It’s great to see you too,” Fallon gave a small smile not bothering to bare her teeth.

“Run along up stairs, you should know where to go.” Fallon grimaced once she passed Narcissa and while she lugged her trunk up the biggest staircase she’s ever seen in a house.

“Fallon my dearest sister, would you like to join Draco and I for a rendez-vous in the pool?” Aiden asked nicely as he massaged his sister’s shoulder trying to get on her good side.

“Hell no,” she answered immediately as she threw open the doors to her room, promptly shutting them after her. She heaved her trunk on to her bed, opening it and pouring out it’s contents. She sighed as she found one of Draco’s shirts, probably one he left in the Hospital Wing that she happened to snatch away while he worked on his task. As far as the task goes, Fallon was pretty sure he hasn’t made any progress, at least that’s what she gathered when she heard Professor Snape lecture him ‘quietly’ as he dismissed them from class.

Fallon was broken from her endless chain of thoughts when her mother walked in barring a gold dress. “This is for the party tonight, the famous Malfoy Christmas Eve party,” she announced holding it up to her daughters figure.

“Why do I always have to wear metallics?” she questioned as she eyed the dress, unsure of its glitzy glamour that radiated from it.

“I have a green dress back in my-”

“You can stop there,” Fallon halted her mother and gingerly took it from her hands. “Shall I get ready now?” Her mother nodded and left Fallon alone.

An hour later, Fallon hopped out of the steam-encased bathroom, feeling refreshed after a more than relaxing bath. She was so caught up with how pure and clean she felt she never noticed the blonde boy sitting atop her bed with his mouth ajar.

Usually Fallon brought undergarments into the bathroom, this time however, she forgot her bra. She let her towel slip to the ground then pulled her curly locks from another towel. Fallon sneezed as the too fresh scent of her shampoo filled her nostrils, filled with its fruity goodness.

Oblivious to Draco, she skipped around, totally free bird. Before she reached her dresser full of clothes (most likely the doing of the house elves), a loud crash sounded through the room and she wheeled around to find the source.

She gasped dramatically to see Draco on the floor with Fallon’s trunk on top of him, as well as some of the clothes that failed to escape when she emptied it an hour earlier.

Draco stared at Fallon’s exposed chest, waiting for the gears in her brain to fully rotate so she’d clue in to cover her womanly bits. She swiftly turned 180 degrees. She was so embarrassed even her littlest toe started to tinge red.

“I-I didn’t see ev-everything, I mean I only I…I. I’ll just leave,” he stuttered as he scampered across the floor with his eyes closed, only to run into a couch. “Shit um.” He turned back to look at Fallon to see her breasts covered up and as she walked nonchalantly towards him.

“Can you help me get into my dress?” she asked politely, as if she wasn’t swayed at all by the previous events.

“Yeah, yeah o-of course,” he agreed as he slipped the satiny dress up the length of her body, then gradually zipped her up. Fallon laughed at Draco’s shakiness, clearly he didn’t take seeing naked women well, even though he was a so-called Casanova.

Fallon stood still as she patiently waited for Draco to exit. She waited a few painful minutes, and just as she was about to open her mouth to speak she instantly closed it again.

She shivered as she felt Draco’s warm hands run along her shoulder blades and down to her hips where they rested. Fallon couldn’t stop her breath from hitching in her throat.

“I’m still pissed off,” she voiced when she felt his moist breath near her ear.

“I am too,” he whispered breathlessly before he tenderly kissed her neck while moving her mass of curls to get better access.

As good as it felt she knew she had to pull away, it was for the best. “Sorry but, now’s not the time,” she told him as she pushed him in the direction of her doors.

“I’m across the hall if you need anything,” he offered as he moved his hands about. Fallon just shook her head as she picked at her nails. “I’ll see you later then,” he said, disappointment clear as day in his voice as he departed.

Fallon exhaled slowly as she walked over to the vanity, grabbing a small bottle and squeezing a dime size amount into her hand, then roughly ran it through her hair.

“That should tame the beast,” she said aloud rather than in her head. Now all she had to do was wait. Maybe she could tell Draco to come back in and they could talk. She knew she wasn’t ‘mad’ in a sense because he did something horrible, but in a way that made her peeved whenever she was within sight of him.

Draco had mood swings similar to a rollercoaster or even a pregnant woman. He was the perfect boyfriend when she was ill, but now he was a sourpuss.

“Knock knock,” Aiden called as he walked in without actually knocking.

“Go away,” she pouted knowing full well what her twin wanted to talk about.

“Draco says he wants to work things out with you. He doesn’t want to be split apart during the party,” he explained while he walked over to her and putting some lotion on her back.

“If it’s an image thing he’s worried about tell him if he wants to talk it’s going to have to be later,” she stated. Fallon wasn’t going to be cocky, but she knew Draco liked the way they looked together.

“It would make everyone happy,” he said hopefully as he quickly grabbed her shoes she was keenly looking at and slipped them on her small feet.

“Well I guess this will be the first time in history Fallon Geneva disappointed everyone,” she shrugged as she checked herself over before heading down to the Grand Ballroom of the Malfoy Manor.

“Can you talk about it during the ball?” Aiden never seemed to give up. Fallon was could feel her lungs seize as he continuously badgered her until they entered the room that was buzzing with excitement.

Fallon scanned over the guests, as expected it was only the best of the best. The Notts, the Crabbes, the Zabinis, the Goyles, and many more pureblood families that the names started to clutter Fallon’s mind after she only accounted half of the guests.

“Let’s go over here,” Aiden suggested as he forced her over to the bar.

“I have no intentions of drinking after what happened in the Slytherin common room. I was wasted in less than three minutes,” she stated as she slinked away and over to a corner where a small loveseat sat unoccupied.

Nothing could be more boring than that of sitting around and listened to people boast about their fortunes. If she didn’t look at anyone, they shouldn’t pay her no mind.

“Fallon,” she heard someone whisper into her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Enjoy!