Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

The devil reflected in him.

About a week into Christmas break, both families sat together for a casual dinner.

“Draco my son, I assume you already know of the events happening this evening,” Lucius Malfoy drawled in his smooth voice, instantly sends chills rocketing up and down Fallon’s spine.

A muscle in Draco’s face visibly twitched before he answered, “Yes, father.” Fallon’s eyebrows angled together as she watched Draco grip his cutlery so hard it could’ve shattered.

Fallon reassuringly squeezed his knee from under the table. She had no clue what was happening later on that night (Draco refused to tell her anything) but she knew it wasn’t something he was looking forward to.

Draco was the last to sit at the table but was the first to leave. Fallon went to follow him but stopped when Aiden seized her wrist. The twin telepathy igniting between them alerted Fallon that Draco didn’t want any company.

“Fallon sweetheart, are you alright? You seemed fidgety,” her mother asked as she leaned over the table. “Lady problems?” she whispered.

Fallon’s eyes glinted with hope at her sudden reason to leave the table, a reason that Aiden wouldn’t dare to question.

She stalked up the stairs and stood just outside of Draco’s room. Her eyes drifted down to look at her necklace, still a milky blue. Maybe he would notice soon, his should be blazing red right now, she thought as she stepped away and went to enter her room.

“I thought you were going to come in,” Draco softly lulled in her ears. “You’re obviously thinking about me, so why don’t you come in?” Fallon nodded and fell into step behind him.

Fallon’s mouth fell open as soon as she slipped in through the door. It looked like a hurricane hit. His once spotless room was now covered in millions of little feathers, books on the floor, and shattered glass.

“Don’t say anything,” he warned his voice scarily monotone. Fallon obeyed and bit the tip of her tongue while she awkwardly stood off to the side. Draco flopped down on his dishevelled bed and grimaced as he ran his hands through his hair.

Honestly, Fallon was scared, what was she supposed to do in here? She stared at the floor until her motherly instinct kicked in and she began to clean. She made sure to move quietly as to not disturb Draco.

First, put all the feathers into the pillowcase. Fallon internally sighed in relief when she noticed only one pillow was missing. Fallon conjured a needle and thread and sat cross-legged on a glass-free piece of floor.

She expertly mended it in a few minutes and then moved on to clean up the books. Fifteen books later, and Fallon averted her eyes to check Draco. His positioned hadn’t changed since he got there.

Fallon crouched down and picked up the glass. What exactly did he break? As she filled her shirt with shards of glass, she sliced her finger. Even though she never noticed she must’ve of gasped because the draft she felt on the side of her face told her Draco was by her side.

“Really Fallon, you don’t have to do this. The house elves-” Draco started as he held her up by her waist.

“Really, it’s fine. I wanted to,” she interrupted and then continued with her task. Draco rose to his normal six-foot stature. Fallon finished up quite quick, disposed of the glass, and walked over to Draco.

“I need to go attend to some business,” Draco said slowly as he stared off. “Will you stay here and wait for me?”

Fallon nodded before she kissed his hand that clenched onto hers. He pressed his lips together then swiftly walked out the door.

Fallon wandered around and saw the clothes he wore at dinner. “He changed?” she asked the room, but as expected it didn’t answer. She slipped off the dress that her mom forced her to wear and pulled on Draco’s shirt. It was still warm and smelt strongly of him. She jumped onto his bed and crawled under the covers, taking a light nap before he returned.

Fallon awoke at the sounds of someone crashing in through the doors and then stumble into the bathroom. She shot up immediately when hurling noises came from the illuminated room.

She waited a few minutes until Draco emerged from its depths. His state rendered her speechless. The clothes he changed into, which happened to be good ones, were hanging in strips from his body and cuts and bruises adorned him from head to toe.

“Holy shit!” Fallon hurried to his side and sat him down. “Why are you like this?”

“Just punishment,” he grunted as he carelessly ripped the rest of his clothes and let Fallon tend to his wounds.

“For what exactly?” Draco drew in a sharp breath as she poked one of his bruises a little too hard.

“My task. Can you just drop it?” Draco yelled brushing her off. “Just go to bed,” he waved her off as he dug through his drawers.

She jogged to the door but despite Draco’s injuries, he was at the door before her and covered it.

“Where are you going?” he questioned intensely. Something about Draco right now had Fallon’s knees knocking.

“To bed like you told me to,” she said stiffly attempting not to show him her fear as she tried to push him off the door. Draco wasn’t swayed and he threw her onto the bed. Fallon felt paralyzed as Draco crawled on top of her and roughly kissed her, bruising her lips instantly.

Fallon managed to pull away just as she started to get dizzy from the loss of air. Draco bit and tore at her neck, easily causing it to bleed. Just as he almost ripped his own shirt from her small body, Fallon felt a familiar tremor starting to form at the top of her spine.

She could feel Draco roll off of her and watch as her body as it shook violently, but this seizure wasn’t quite the same as the others…

It started the same, and felt the same during. Until she gained feeling in the rest of her body and it begun to hurt. She could hear her brain screaming bloody murderer as the pain increased. Then it suddenly stopped. Fallon looked over at Draco and he just sat there.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” she growled as she threw off his shirt, grabbed her stray clothes and bolted into Aiden’s room.

“Hey, Fallon. Whoa, put some clothes on,” Aiden squealed and he turned away from her. In a terrified and angry raid, Fallon got dressed and flung open the doors of the balcony and screamed to her heart’s content.

Aiden was shocked when she sauntered back in softly closing the doors behind her.

“Uh, what’s going on?” he interrogated as he sat on the edge of his bed and intently stared at her as she tucked herself into her brother’s bed.

“Ask Malfoy, I’m sure he’d gladly tell you every fucking detail,” she grumbled as she hid under the covers to hide her frightened tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
As somewhat promised. What do you think? Time to curl up in my sock drawer and sleep for days. I'm soooo tired.