Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Taking care of business.

Fallon was on the search, for what, well she didn’t really know. She had to find some way to stop this. In all this craziness, she found herself running for Snape. Draco was probably a mess right now, but Fallon had to do something.

Just as Fallon entered Snape’s office, he was exiting. That’s when she burst into tears.

“It can’t happen!” she screeched. Snape hushed her and pushed her gently into his office, gathering his papers off the ground.

“It has to happen, nothing and no one can stop it,” Snape explained in his deep voice. Fallon breathed deeply before she fingered her necklace. It was gleaming the brightest red she had ever seen and her eyes drooped.

“You better return to him. If he messes up, he’ll be gone you know.” Fallon nodded and tried to regulate her breathing. Fallon was hurting immensely; she couldn’t even begin to imagine how Draco felt.

Fallon’s throat ached as she walked back to the Slytherin common room. She walked in a daze running into everything and everyone.

When she arrived in front of the porthole leading to the Slytherin’s common room, she stood and waited. She just couldn’t remember the password.

“Fallon?”

Fallon turned around quickly to see her brother. “Do you know what’s going to happen soon?” she asked as she flew into his arms and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Yeah,” he answered quietly hugging her back. He kissed her hair and pulled from her grip. “You better go to him; he thinks you hate him right now.” Fallon sighed, but followed her brother and bolted up the stairs.

“Draco,” she called into his room. She peaked in and saw Draco on his bed with his head being cradled by his big hands. “Are you okay?” she asked coming closer.

“No,” he grumbled, his voice thick with phlegm. “Why did you just leave like that?” he asked angrily as he revealed his tear-streaked face.

“Fuck, just don’t do that okay,” he growled standing up and walking to his closet to get clothes. Fallon came up behind him and pressed herself up against his back.

“Don’t suck up to me,” he warned trying to pry her off. Fallon surprised herself to still find herself attached to Draco. However, she soon found out that he wanted her there when he swivelled in her arms and kissed her gently.

“I’m sorry,” she said pressing a kiss to his jaw-line.

“You’re not quite forgiven, but I don’t have time to worry about it,” he voiced engulfing her in his arms.

“When is it?” Fallon couldn’t help but worry when Draco took ages to answer her. And that only meant one thing, tonight.

“Oh my god.” Fallon pushed herself from him and ran her hands through her hair. She looked back over at Draco and he was scratching his chest hard, leaving red marks racing across his porcelain skin. He wasn’t scratching because he was itchy, he was scratching because he wanted to relieve himself of all the bad things festering in his blood. He wasn’t comfortable in his own skin anymore, and he wanted out of it.

Fallon walked over to him and took his hands in hers. “Please stop scratching,” she begged while she traced the now bubbled red skin. “It’ll stay like that for a while and…” Fallon was rambling and Draco didn’t listen to her. He admired her instead; something he felt like he hadn’t done in a while.

He let his eyes dance slowly across her body, starting at the most boring part of most people, the feet. As his eyes skimmed up her body, he quivered in excitement as her body started to dangerously curve. His eyes began to slow and almost stopped at the bust… No. No, keep going, up the line of the neck and the softly rounded features of the jaw-line and then the astonishingly pale green eyes. Draco could lose himself forever in Fallon’s eyes, though he would never admit it to her. But most of all, Draco loved her hair. The colour of it reflected her fiery personality and the curl represented her beautiful sophistication.

“Draco are you listening to me?” Draco just nodded but continued to stare into the abyss, the comforting, soul-quenching abyss of Fallon. Just as Draco began to lose himself again thinking about everything he liked about Fallon, Draco’s arm burned and his hands immediately flew into his hair, almost ripping out clumps of hair if Fallon didn’t stop him.

“Fuck, shit. Ahhhhh fuck!” Draco’s tongue went wild, ripping off on rants mostly made up of curses.

“I have to go now, it’s time now. It’s happening now,” he explained walking to the door. Fallon instinctively followed after him.

“No. No way in hell you’re coming with me,” he said pushing her back into his room. “You need to stay safe.”

“Okay I’ll stay,” she agreed backing up, not putting up a fight. Draco looked taken aback but didn’t question her. He promised to come back for her no matter what, all the while kissing her non-stop and speaking between the kisses.

Fallon waited for precisely ten minutes, counting every second in her head. Draco should just be arriving in the Room of Requirements, so why not meander out of the Slytherin’s dorms and back to her own Ravenclaw tower.

If Fallon remembered Draco‘s plan correctly, they were going to the Astronomy tower, her favourite place.

As soon as Fallon arrived, she began to panic. She hadn‘t quite planned anything and if Draco found her up here, he‘d probably kill himself instead of Dumbledore, for the sheer reason of not wanting to be seen like this by Fallon.

Fallon herself though made a rushed decision of just hiding behind a random shelf on the lower platform. Draco wouldn’t think she‘d actually come there, would he? Fallon curled into a tight ball and awaited the arrival of Draco and his fellow death eaters. Fallon counted the seconds again as she sat.

Harry and Dumbledore appeared suddenly above Fallon and she gasped loudly. Fallon felt frightened as she could feel the searching stares of the men above her. She shivered from the cold, or maybe fright. But who really cares? Fallon didn’t know, she just wanted to see Draco.

Fallon knew it was a bad idea to come here, but the thought didn‘t kick in until Draco‘s wand was pointing right as Dumbledore‘s head while Draco‘s body quaked with an intense hatred, hatred of the death eaters and what he was allowing himself to become. He blubbered like a baby, then again, who wouldn’t in the kind of situation?

“You‘re not a murderer Draco,” Dumbledore told him slowly, trying to help him out. Draco knew he wasn‘t, hell everyone in Hogwarts probably knew it too. Draco‘s a wimp, but in a good way at least.

As Fallon watched the events above her unfold, she could‘ve sworn Draco caught her eyes. Fallon couldn‘t quite remember, she just remembered her heartbeat rocketing to an unbelievably fast pace before it reduced it‘s speed quickly.

Before Fallon could even comprehend what was happening, Snape shot up the stairs that were a few feet away from her. She got instant vertigo the moment she saw his wand point at Dumbledore.

Everything went silent, well to Fallon it seemed quieter than humanly possible. Fallon saw Draco‘s lips moving and then a burst of light from Snape‘s wand, a green light. What was Draco saying? Fallon didn‘t have time to reply things in her mind and try to read his lips. Instead, she crawled out of her hiding space and chased after Draco who just sped past her.

If Fallon didn‘t come, would Draco actually take to time to go and retrieve her?
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go! Enjoy! I have a feeling no one likes my boyfriend, and to be honest I'm starting not to like him to much either. I feel like an awful human being :(