Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Disobeying.

Fallon ran loudly behind Draco who was surrounded by death eaters. He was extremely troubled and he didn‘t seem to hear anything around him. Every once in a while Draco would stop and turn to go to the dungeons but his crazy Aunt stopped him every time.

Snape however tried to help Draco, but failed miserably with each attempt.

“Severus we need to go. Let the boy suffer for a bit I‘m sure the girl will wait for him,” Bellatrix waved the matter away with her screechy high-pitched voice. Draco stumbled around the hall, tripping over nothing in particular, or maybe he was tripping over his feet.

Fallon took the chance to speak up starting with a strangled, “Umm.” Several faces looked her way, many of them frighteningly familiar. She stood there stunned staring at all the cold glances she was receiving. Draco rushed to her side and pulled her attention away from the death eaters.

“I told you to stay in my room,” he grumbled still trying to get her attention. Fallon was too transfixed by Bellatrix. There was just something about her that seemed a little more off than she usually was.

“Fallon please listen,” Draco called to her still trying to reach her brain and snap her out of her trance. Not once did Bellatrix look around to find the staring fiend. Instead, she gazed longingly at the Dark Mark implanted on her translucent grey skin.

After a good five minutes that should‘ve been used for fleeing the castle, Fallon finally turned her attention to Draco. “Continue,” she said breezily, a tone that shocked not only Draco but Fallon herself.

“You didn‘t listen. You didn‘t do as you were told, Fallon. What were,” Draco voice dimmed to a whispered as he pulled her closer. “The rest of the Death Eaters in the castle could‘ve gotten you. They could‘ve and they would‘ve killed you if they got the chance. Their orders were to ‘Kill everyone except for Slytherins, if you can‘t tell, well then the killed are shit out of luck.’” Draco recited before he grabbed her hand.

“Listen to me next time or you‘ll be sorry,” Draco growled, nevertheless he kissed her on the lips. “I was going to get you no matter what…” Draco was ranting now, venting his pent up anger about Fallon. Everyone knew Draco couldn‘t actually go back for her, he‘d get caught, but Draco needed something to ease the pain.

“Oh Draco control yourself, you‘re getting messy. Can we go?” Bellatrix whined while she twirled her crazy hair with the tip of her wand. Draco glared at his Aunt and grabbed Fallon‘s hand, dragging her towards the exit.

As they walked, Draco increasingly got peeved as he watched his Aunt destroy the beautiful castle around them, screaming in delight when she saw what she had done.

“Aunt Bella control yourself, you‘re getting messy.” Fallon could hear Draco chuckling to himself. Fallon sported a small smile herself but hid it well behind Draco.

“Watch your mouth boy!” Bellatrix was enraged as she scampered over to her nephew, wand at the ready. Draco held his hands up in defence and walked swiftly away. Draco talked to Fallon as they were making their exit. His tone was breathy, and they both knew it wasn‘t from the fast pace they were walking at.

Fallon‘s heart was pounding in her ears making her head throb. Her hand kept slipping out of Draco‘s clammy hand, but she attached herself right back onto him. Draco practically sprinted down the hill to Hagrid’s hut, just barely tripping the whole way down.

The trip to the Malfoy Manor was a hazy one. Fallon couldn’t remember any of it, but since when has she these days? Her memory seemed to be lacking the last few months, probably too many distractions. Like the distraction Draco was creating as they all ’lounged’ in the front living room.

“Draco, my son, stop snapping your fingers,” Lucius piped, speaking up for all the people present.

Draco easily brushed his father off. “I’m making music,” he stated simply and continued the fast-paced snaps as her circulated around the room.

“Draco, dear, it’s tuneless,” Narcissa sighed, completely worn out. Draco obeyed his mother but stayed up on his feet.

“Draco,” Fallon called quietly. And before she could continue Draco’s fuse ran out.

“What?” he screamed wheeling around from the window to look at his parents. “Draco this, Draco that. Shut the fuck up!” Draco was pacing angrily. One big step left, one big step right.

“Lang-” Narcissa automatically went to correct Draco on his potty mouth, forgetting that he would be anything but obedient.

“Don’t even start with me!” Draco’s voice was already earth shattering, but it seemed to get impossibly louder. Most of the people in the room were cowering into their seats, covering their ears. Lucius Malfoy had a different idea.

He popped up from his big leather chair and almost flew over to Draco, shoving his expensive cane against his son’s throat. “Learn to have some control,” he spoke lowly. Shivers shot up Fallon’s spine and she couldn’t bear with the atmosphere anymore.

“Excuse me; I have to use the lavatory.” Fallon inclined her head and scurried out without hearing another peep.

Once she reached the upper levels, Fallon took the opportunity to start breathing normally again. She braced herself against the wall as she began to feel physically sick to her stomach. A Geneva woman never pukes, but I guess there are some exceptions.

Fallon emptied her stomach on the third floor corridor of Draco’s house. Fallon might’ve not believed in throwing up or anything of the sorts, but if she did, she would’ve at least liked to have been a little classier and used a toilet or garage bag.

Ashamed feelings flowed over Fallon as she observed the mess she made; a loud crack startled her, sending herself forward into the foul smelling contents.

“Miss, Nell will clean that for you. Yes I’ll clean it, I’ll clean you too…” the small house elf rambled on and on, as usual Fallon didn’t listen. She just got up, walked into Draco’s room, stripped off her clothes, and took a bath.

Maybe a bath wasn’t a good idea at the moment, or really necessary, but Fallon had nothing better to do. It was either listen to Draco rage or listen to women cry, and Fallon could disappear easily enough so why not do her own thing?

“Miss?” Fallon groaned in her mind.

“Yes Nell?” Fallon turned to face the oddly adorable creature.

“Master Malfoy wishes to see you,” Nell said timidly, hiding her small body behind the large wooden door.

“Which one?”

“The young one, Miss.” Fallon nodded and asked Nell to tell Draco to just come in.

Draco dragged his feet along the floor and he made his way over to the large tub. He peeled off his clothes, most likely wanting to join Fallon. She made no efforts to stop him; in fact, sooner or later she probably would’ve asked him too.

Once relieved of his clothes he slipped into the tub and floated over to Fallon, plopping his head down on her shoulder. Fallon petted his head gently with one hand and held it still with the other. Draco moved his lips, as if he was having a soundless conversation. Fallon shook her head and soothed the blonde boy.

“Fallon?” he asked looking up at her before sitting beside her and moving her onto his lap.

“Yeah?” she answered, almost as if it was a chore. Draco let his head fall to her shoulder again and his arms snaked around her waist.

“I love you,” he whispered sadly while he tightened his grip. A balloon of excitement finally popped itself in Fallon's chest and she kissed his head lovingly.

“I love you too,” she replied, with the equal amount of sadness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, I'll hopefully be able to get the out quicker now. There's no reason that I can't. I was thinking I'd end here and start a sequel. What do you guys think? Enjoy!