Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Aiden's complex.

Draco and Fallon sat in the main living room waiting for the arrival of Fallon’s twin brother. Since it was the end of school at Hogwarts that meant one month of house arrest was completed.

The days consisted mostly of training most likely for the final battle. The teens thought of it as a competition, a competition Fallon frequently won. However, Fallon didn’t know if Draco was giving his all. The duelling between them was more than decent at the begin but it seemed that as it went on Draco would get lazy.

Draco is always lazy these days like now for instance. He was laying on the couch with his head in Fallon’s lap, demanding her to feed him grapes.

It was like that for a good hour and then Aiden arrived. He emerged from the green flames slowly and searched the room. He shrugged off his robe and charged at Draco.

Draco was pulled up like a rag doll, being held up by the collar of his shirt.

“Nice to see you too Geneva,” Draco grunted his face beginning to redden. Fallon immediately rushed to their sides when she realized what was happening.

“Aiden, what are you doing? Let him go,” Fallon said trying to pry her brother off of Draco.

“You left without telling me,” Aiden growled bringing Draco closer to his face. Draco’s eyebrows furrowed.

“What do you mean? You knew this was going to happen,” Draco reminded finally standing up and easily slipping out of Aiden’s clutches. Aiden snarled and took a step back.

“You said you would come back for both of us though.” Draco’s lips formed into an O.

“Right, I uh forgot about that,” Draco laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck and with the other hand reached for Fallon’s arm. However, Aiden acted quicker and pulled her to his side.

“Oh, I get it.” Fallon wiggled away from her twin and curled up on the couch. “You have a twin complex don’t you Aiden?”

Aiden scoffed. “We were always within walking distance of each other, and then this asshole comes and takes you and not me!” Fallon was baffled.

“Draco is your best friend Aiden, how can you have a problem with him being with me, just all of a sudden?” Fallon asked calmly. Aiden glared at them both before he stormed away.

“Okay…” Draco said awkwardly before he sat down on the couch and wrapped his arms around Fallon. Fallon shrugged him off and sat on the arm of the couch.

“Did you say you’d go back for him?”

Draco’s face fell at his rejection and stared down at his lap. “Yeah I did,” he said shortly.

Fallon rolled her eyes at his simplicity. “Are you going to tell me why do didn’t go back?”

Draco shrugged and played with the bottom of his shirt. “The same reason I wouldn’t be able to go back and get you. I couldn’t, I‘d get caught,” he said softly.

Fallon nodded. “Fair enough. Did you tell Aiden?” Draco’s nose turned up at the sound of Aiden’s name.

“Like fifty fucking times. I told him like everyday for a month before it happened.” Fallon laughed loudly causing Draco whine.

“You guys seem more complicated than girls,” she stated getting up.

“Where are you going?” he asked getting up halfway and then waiting for answer.

“To Aiden’s room. I want to deal with this now instead of later. We’re on house arrest remember?” Draco groaned.

“I’m not going,” he told her, being as stubborn as ever. Fallon laughed quietly to herself.

“Need I remind you all the things I can do with this, things you’ve never heard of,” she taunted dangling her wand in front of his. Draco lunged forward to rip it from her grasp but Fallon easily brought it close to her body and stood up straight.

“You better come with me,” she warned before she turned around and walked up the staircase, Draco slugging behind her.

Draco planted his feet to the floor, unswayed by Fallon’s attempts to push him through the door of Aiden’s room.

“Cooperate Draco,” she grumbled as she mustered up all the force she had to body check him so he would fall against the door. Fallon hit his back with a dull thud and crumbled to the ground.

“Well I guess I’ll be staying in my proper room for the next three months,” she said knowing it would catch Draco’s attention. She looked at him and she could hear a whimpering in the back of his throat but he didn’t move a muscle. Fallon let out and short sigh and stood up, straightening her skirt and skipping away.

Fallon liked playing these games with Draco. They used to piss her off pushing her to her limit, but now it was harmless, and Draco always came crawling back. He seemed to be the needier one of their relationship.

Fallon waved the matter away and checked the time; Draco usually came back around midnight just so he could say it was the next day.

When Fallon stepped into her room at the Malfoy Manor, she went straight for her balcony. Conveniently, Aiden’s balcony doors were open as well and if Fallon listened very carefully, she could hear the two boys’ conversation.

“You’re being a twat,” Draco informed a yawn on the edge of his voice. Aiden laughed in disbelief which was followed by a crash. Fallon assumed he had kicked something.

“I’m the twat? I’m the-no! You are! You are the fucking twat. You just left me there.” Aiden was screaming, Fallon guessed his skin was most likely a brilliant shade of red just like their hair. What is Aiden’s problem though? It’s evident that he has a bit of twin complex, but to what degree? Is there anything else? Fallon was itching to know, but she stopped herself from charging into her brother’s room and decided for once in her life she’ll try to be the bystander.

“Aiden, c’mon. She’s mad at both of us, so why don’t we just make up?” Draco suggested.

Fallon could hear Aiden’s heavy breathing clearly and distinctly. “She’s not mad; she just wants the time spent here to be easy. I know what’s going on here, I’m not a complete dumbass,” he said lowly. Fallon gripped the railing, Aiden seemed different.

Draco laughed in an uncomfortably high tone, what it implied, Fallon wasn’t sure. “Don’t tell me you’ve been hanging out with Revel?” Fallon gasped. Draco acted the same way as Aiden was acting, but Draco’s was a little more severe.

“So what if I am?” Fallon thought she was going to faint. Her own brother? Her own twin brother hanging around a guy who tortured Fallon just because Draco was complaining and being too whiny to even try and work on his task.

Fallon heard Draco sigh and the sound of rustling. “Forget it,” he told Aiden. Fallon could hear the lock click and another loud thumb. “Aiden?”

“Who said you could leave?” That voice was hellishly familiar.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt this story was getting a little dull again, so it needed a little more action. Hope you like it!