Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Let's have some fun.

“You have to make sure you flick your wrist. How come you can’t get it? We learnt it 1st year,” Fallon asked fixing Draco’s posture so he could cast the pillow across the Room of Requirement.

“Because I’m bored,” he whined dropping his arm when the pillow was halfway across. “I’m not failing so why does it matter?”

“You should always practice Draco. It won’t kill you,” she told him taking the empty space in front of him. “What’s it going to take for you to study your classes properly?”

Draco closed his eyes. Moments later a bed popped up.

“Not even in your dreams. Besides friends don’t do that kind of stuff with each other,” she stated pushing him back. “Now focus, or I’ll make you do all your written work right now.”

“No,” he scowled childishly, crossing his arms.

“Fine.” Fallon walked over to their stuff and grabbed all the writing stuff. “Write a ten inch essay on any potion you want,” she said smugly, popping up a table and leaning on it. But Draco just sat there and stared ahead. “Get started,” she urged him, starting to lose her patience.

“I can totally see down your shirt,” he said, not once changing the expression on his face. Fallon gasped and quickly stood up straight, reaching over to smack him upside the head. He leaned back in his chair and laughed loudly as she pulled on her sweater with dusty rose cheeks.

“That’s a nice colour on you,” he commented, a laugh on the tip of his tongue. Fallon flipped him the bird as her cheeks darkened and she started to breathe deeply, thoroughly embarrassed.

“Do your work!” she snapped, stalking away. Draco straightened his face as best as he could.

“I just thought I’d let you know that…the bubbles in the bath didn’t hide anything……..” he stated dragging out the last word. Fallon could’ve collapsed, she’s never had to deal with something like this; and truthfully it terrified her.

“Have fun doing your homework,” she called over her shoulder as she exited the room. Fallon couldn’t comprehend what happened after she got to the corridor, because the first thing she did was run to the Ravenclaw common room.

She stopped just outside the portrait to catch her breath, and that’s when she noticed, she was shaking. And not only that but she was covered in an abnormal cold sweat. She brushed away her dizzy feelings but took an extra moment to recover when she fell against the wall and cut her hand. Fallon hobbled up to her dorm and passed out.

Fallon woke several hours’ later feeling hotter than Hades. She stumbled over to the bathroom and purged. She noticed her hair was soaked with sweat when she held her hair back to tie it up. She slumped between the wall and the toilet as she tried to regain her composure to get herself to the hospital wing.

Fallon made it to the hospital wing, she can’t really remember how, but she did. In a heartbeat, Madam Pomfrey had her propped up on the bed with many potions surrounding her.

“Sleep, dear, you desperately need it,” Madam Pomfrey coaxed, soothing the potions down her aching throat. She tried to sleep, but she stayed in a daze. One of those dazes where it seemed like you were outside of your own body looking down at yourself. Fallon’s mind was boggled, she’s never ever been this sick. That night, Fallon wheezed her way through the endless night.

The next day, Fallon was doused in twice as much sweat and if felt as if daggers scraped down her throat every time she swallowed. Before she could even begin to blink the sleep away Madam Pomfrey had a tray of potions ready for her to ingest.

“I did a blood test while you slept dear, but just like in a muggle hospital it takes a while for the results. You’re very sickly though. I’ve already told Dumbledore and he’s informed your teachers. They’ll prepare work for you, but you just need to rest for now,” she explained, helping Fallon up so she could take her copious amounts of potions.

“How long do you think I have to stay?” she croaked, weakly grabbing at the cups in front of her.

“As long as it takes for a big improvement.” Fallon frowned. She didn’t want to stay in the hospital, not even for a day. She’d go stir crazy in this place, though feeling as crappy as she did, but she didn’t want to move either.

Fallon jumped when the two big doors slammed open. “My dear sister! You can’t be sick!” Aiden exclaimed running over to her and resting his hand on her forehead. “Ewww you’re sweaty!” he squealed. Fallon sighed; he acted more like a girl than a boy.

“I have a question Aiden,” she spoke weakly looking at him, “Are you gay?” Aiden looked taken aback.

“God no!” he said vexingly putting both hands behind his head. He gave her a weird look and turned away from her. Fallon just shrugged and went back to taking her potions.

“Here let me help,” Aiden said softly grabbing the cup from her shaking fingers as he brought the cup to her pale lips. “You’re pretty sick aren’t you?” he asked rubbing her back. Fallon nodded easing back into his hand so she could lie down.

“Draco’s coming later,” he informed, tucking her in. Fallon’s heart lurched as she tried not to show too much emotion.

“How much later?” she questioned softly, sleep quickly approaching upon her.

“He didn’t say. Just sleep, it'll be later soon,” he offered stroking her hair. Fallon quickly fell into a dreamless sleep.

Several hours later, Fallon awoke suddenly. She looked around and gasped to see Draco beside her.

“You look terrible,” he stated leaning forward in his chair. Fallon narrowed her eyes. “I don’t mean it like that,” he said grabbing her hand. Fallon took a deep breath as she propped herself up on the pillows.

“It came on so suddenly. And I should start to feel a little bit better by now but it feels like I’m getting worse,” she voiced looking up at the ceiling.

“No need to worry,” he comforted, a small smile playing on his lips.

“I’ll visit you as much as I can for however long you'll be in here. I’ll even do homework with you.” Fallon couldn’t help smiling at his statement.

“But what if I’m in here for a long time?” she asked worriedly.

“Then let’s pray we don’t fight.” Draco squeezed her hand. Fallon just sighed but continued to chat with him until Madam Pomfrey kicked him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a very slight case of writers block. But I managed to write this. Hope you like it! I don't think I really like it though.