Status: Active :)

Seasick

01

I really wish Fiona wouldn't drag me on all of these fancy trips, I mean, I don't want to go to France to see a big piece of metal. I don't want to go to Vienna to sit on a boat, and I really don't want to go to the Cayman Islands to go scuba diving. I mean, It was actually Fiona who wanted to dive, I wasn't certified and I waned to keep it that way. I hate the heat and I just don't want to sit on a plane for three hours to watch crappy movies!

"Gerard, quit scowling. You will love it there!" that's what she always told me. Every trip she made me go on she told me the same thing.

"Fiona, really. We could have stayed in Jersey and gone to the beach if you wanted to tan or swim." I replied calmly. Again, I always said that 'We could just stay in Jersey and-' every time to answer her. It was coming redundant and so was spending time with her. Four years of going out. Four years and I don't think I could handle anymore trips every six months. France, Argentina, Russia, Vienna, India, China, Scotland, and now the Cayman Islands. She was loaded and so was her family and she paid for all the trips. I was just forced to go with her claiming that we had to spend time together.

"Gee please, don't be like that. Jersey's beaches can't compare to the caribbean. I don't want to look out at brown water that smells and washes up dead fish." she wrinkled her nose. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. The hum of the plane was deafening and it rattled my brain. I looked out the window at the wispy clouds we passed. The sun was high in the sky but behind the plane so it illuminated the floating puffs. I decided not to answer her. It wasn't as thought I didn't like Fiona, no, she was my girlfriend and I loved her but I guess I had to put up with these stupid things to make her happy. It wasn't as though I was playing her for her money, I wasn't like that at all. I did love her.
I looked down at the pocket in front of me. I reached over and pulled out a magazine. Flipping through it, I lost interest quickly and returned it to its place. With a sigh, I tilted my head back hoping for sleep to pass the time. I hated these trips, I really did.

I hate airports. Especially small ones where there is no room to move when the flight comes in and it takes forever to get your lugged off the conveyer. I was hot and sticky and I didn't like it. We had gotten off the plane and walked along the marked path outside to the customs office. They stamped our passports and waved us through. Now I stood staring at a plasma TV mounted on the wall displaying ads of what the island had to offer. I crossed my arms and let my jaw go slack as I watched. Fiona went to the bathroom while I waited for the conveyer to start. A cellphone ad began where the people looked so happy and a rap artist came on. I frowned at the TV then because I realized that there was no other music that was playing. Just rap or hip hop.

"Still waiting?" Fiona came up beside me. She was wearing a baby blue Tshirt with a dolphin on it. I remember her leaving to Florida with her girlfriends and leaving me in Jersey. That was a good time.

"Have you noticed something weird with the ads on the TV?" I pointed at the TV with one finger and kept my gaze on it.

"No? Why?"

"I think this island is crazy." I hissed.

"Gerard." she raised her light eyebrows at me meaning 'shut up, you're embarrassing me'. I shut my mouth a continued glaring at the TV. A real estate ad came up where a happy couple were running into the water with snorkeling gear and grins on their faces. Then they were happily chatting with the real estate agent. It made me sick to my stomach watching the fake-ness and the poor acting. I glanced away to an ad on the wall for a crappy looking restaurant. I hope this vacation ends soon.

"How much longer?" I groaned and through my head back against the head rest of the rented car.

"Twenty minutes I guess." Fiona answered unfazed. I groaned again and looked out the window at the monotonous scenery. We were driving to the resort we were staying at for the next three weeks. Three whole weeks of sun and heat! I swear I was going to die. "Don't worry, after we unpack we can swim." she glanced over and smiled. I felt my heart melt a little with that smile. I loved Fiona's smile. I loved her light blond hair. I loved her light blue eyes and I especially loved that smile.

"I don't want to swim." I mumbled and crossed my arms.

"I am not your mother." she sighed. "If you don't want to swim, then fine." I noted how well she drove. Both hands loosely on the steering wheel and drive on the other side of the road so easily. I would never be able to do it. I would probably forget and swerve into traffic and just die. We turned into the parking lot and Fiona shut the car off. We both got out only to be engulfed by the heat. We went in the lobby and signed in and got helped to our room. We unpacked our belongings. Fiona always insisted of putting things in the drawers provided.

"Okay, I'll just explore the resort." I shrugged when we were done.

"Sure, can you get some towels while you're out?"

"Sure." I mumbled and walked out of the room and onto the patio. I inhaled the humid air and stepped out into the sun. I began walking down the path, passing other rooms as I went. Stupid vacation. I want to go back to Jersey so I can just... do nothing. I want to sleep in my own bed, our bed, and sleep all day. I rather go to work then be here. Stupid towels too, why do I have to go get them? I want this vacation to end ASAP.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter... nice and boring... and this is supposed to be a comedy and the first chapter is super lame... >.< It will improve, I'm trying to get out of my writers block D:
Updates will be slower since I want to make the chapters as long as possible :]

If anyone wants to make a banner or suggest a layout for this story then go ahead :]