Status: Active :)

Seasick

10

Day three.
Today Frank was forcing me into the pool so he could teach me how to properly inflate and deflate my BC. Honestly it seemed pretty easy since their were two buttons and an emergency string.
When I showed up how I always do, in my swimming shorts and a tshirt, Frank was sitting in our usual spot in the shop.

"Well hey there!" he chirped. Fiona was still mad at me and had gone straight to the boat.

"Hey."

"Are you ready for some fun in the sun?" he grinned.

"Nope." I admitted. He laughed and stood up.

"Oh come on, I hauled everything over there by myself. Don't let my efforts go to waste. So today is the basics like putting on your own equipment, using it all, and mask removal underwater. All really simple stuff. Tomorrow we will elaborate on it then you get your swimming test in the ocean." then he added, "Where nothing can kill you."

"Great..."

"Then day day after is our last day of practice and I will take you down for two dives. We will stay shallow on the first but the second it always shallower then the first so we don't really have a limit."

"So... how far are we going down?" I asked nervously. I wondered if it would be pitch black down there. Could you use a flashlight underwater? Were fish attracted to light?

"Well, the others on the boat will be going at deep at a hundred and ten feet-"

"Whoa!" I gasped. It would be so dark down there!

"But were going to be about mid forties, depends how comfortable you are down there. If you want me to, I'll hold your hand." he joked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What about the second?"

"Depends where we go but I think we'll stay around thirty... maybe a little deeper." he shrugged. "Now, stop stalling and lets go to the pool!"

"It's too hot." I grumbled.

"Give me a break, you're close to the equator so of course its going to be hot here!" he replied good naturally.

"Oh pfft. I was dragged here."

"Suck it up buttercup, get your gear on and show me if you've been listening to a word I said." Frank pointed to a BC lying on the ground. I walked up to it and titled my head. It was supposed to be put on like a vest, I knew that much. When I picked it up I was surprised how heavy it was. I grunted with effort as I tried to put it on. Frank watched me with an amused smile. Once I got the BC on I looked down and began looking for the straps that tied it all up. It took a while but I finally did it.

"Good, took a while though." he smiled. "That's okay though, you have time to practice. Now, how do you inflate?" I pressed a button and nothing happened but that was because there wasn't a tank connected. "Good! Except that if you pressed that under water you would sink like a rock. Try again." I pressed the other button and he nodded. "Yeah, kay so now take that off and I'll show you how to attached it to the tank with the reg and octopus and all that jazz." I did as I was told and Frank demonstrated who to do it all. He helped me put the BC with the tank and other stuff on and I nearly fell over from the shear weight.

"It's so heavy!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to sink!"

"No you aren't, now sit on the ledge of the pool and let me get my gear on so we can do the hand signs and stuff. Its the stuff we went over yesterday." yesterday Frank and I reviewed underwater hand signals like you never gives thumbs up if you're okay, that means you want to go up. You have to give the 'OK' sign. It was pretty cool over all.
In no time at all, Frank was encouraging me to fill up my BC so I'd float. I on the other hand wasn't convinced that I wasn't going to drown. By now I had my mask on that Frank fitted on my face for me. You cant have any hair in the way otherwise the mask will flood and it doesn't help that I had almost shoulder length black hair.

"I'm going to drown!"

"No you wont." Frank sighed.

"Yes I will! I'm going to-" with his foot Frank pushed my tank with was attached to me in the pool. My BC was already filled so I instantly popped to the surface and coughed. "What the hell!" Frank just shrugged and tried not to smile.

"My foot must have slipped." I crossed my arms and glared at him as I hovered there in the water. "What you were supposed to do was roll forward or stand up and step in. Like this." he put his mask on and stepped right off the ledge as if it were solid ground and he landed in the water gracefully. "See?" he asked when he bobbed to the surface and took his reg out of his mouth.

"I see." I grumbled.

"Now the fun begins, put your reg in your mouth and breathe normally and never hold your breath. Press the deflate button on your BC and sink to the bottom, I'll meet you down there." and with the hiss of his BC, he disappeared below the surface of the pool to drop the five feet to the concrete floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hurray an update!
GUESS WHAT!? My sheep had twin lambs! Yeah I have sheep :P