Status: Active :)

Seasick

11

I did as I was told and deflated by BC. Instantly I dropped below water level and I looked up to see the surface. I suddenly landed on the ground with no sound where Frank was sitting with crossed legs in a meditation pose. Not only that- he wasn't even moving. He just hovered in the water and it looked so easy. I on the other hand was trying not to fall over.
He gave me the okay sign and I gave it back to say everything was fine. He then took off his mask under water and put it back on while looking up at the surface and blowing out of his nose. Then he looked at me. What? Was I supposed to do it too?
I hesitantly took my mask off and tried not to instinctively hold my breath. I mimicked him but ended up getting a rush of water up my nose. I began to choke and kicked my way up to the surface which wasn't far at all. Once I hit air, I coughed. Frank came up right beside me and filled his BC.

"You okay?" he asked as he filled up my BC so I could quit kicking.

"Yeah." I coughed.

"Just keep your head back and exhaling through your nose. You'll get the hang of it." when I stopped dying, we went back down and I tried it a few more times with the same result. Finally I did manage to do it without drowning and he gave the okay sign. Next Frank took off his gear which keeping his reg in his mouth and put it back on. I inwardly groaned but managed to do it. I guess I knew more then I thought. Finally he gave me the thumbs up and we surfaced.

"So how was that?" he asked me."

"Fine."

"Well since this was all I really wanted to accomplish for today and your girlfriend is probably still on her surface interval before her second dive- we can either just chill out or discuss more safety terms!" I noticed how he didn't say Fiona's name and how he sort of scrunched up his face when he mentioned her.

"Let's just chill." Frank went up the ladder and I unclipped my tank and he took it from me. I walked up the ladder and he handed me a warm towel.

"Thanks."

"No problem, lets get a drink- the heats killing me." he laughed.

"Suck it up buttercup." I laughed just to mock him.

"Oh shut it, I'm your teacher." he shot me a mock glare. We went up to the bar and ordered two Cokes. We drank in silence before I asked the question that's been nagging me for the last few days. Frank seemed like the sort of guy who wouldn't take offense to the question.

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked casually as I took a sip from my Coke. He snorted in response.

"Nope and never will." I titled my head at him. Was he divorced after all?

"What? Why not?" he laughed.

"I'm gay, no girls for me." he laughed.

"Oh... I'm sorry-"

"It's okay." he laughed.

"So umm... what sort of guys are you into?" I asked to make casual conversation. Why did I want to know anyways?

"Oh well umm... dark haired and pale skin, kind of like a vampire." he said looking across the bar. I followed his gaze out to the ocean.

"Oh cool." I replied. "How long have you known that you were... gay?" I asked.

"I think when I was around seventeen or eighteen. Something just clicked one day."

"That's cool." I replied and took a sip of my drink. In no time at all, my lesson was over. I liked talking to Frank. It was so just easy to spill everything to him. We talked from everything from his sexuality to music and comics. Turns out we were very similar in many respects.
On the drive back to The Reef Resort, my mind wandered back to what Frank said about him liking dark haired and pale boys... I couldn't think of one person who fit that description.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Gee xD You're so blond xD
If it works, here's a pic of my 2 new lambs and their mom Pullover :)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs346.ash1/29449_390576479462_599089462_3735457_1724964_n.jpg