Status: Active :)

Seasick

25

Fiona was rushed into the deco chamber which was this big metal submarine shaped thing that changed pressure internally. It as pretty cool and I stayed a little while watching her through the little window and asking the doctors questions. She was staying the night and would be fine to fly out tomorrow evening if she felt okay. I still really wanted to go home to Jersey and now more so just to escape Frank.

A taxi picked me up at the hospital and drove me back to the dive shop to gather Fiona's items that she left behind and to use her credit card to pay for the trip.
Just arriving in the gravel parking lot made me have to will myself to pay the driver and get out of the taxi. I didn't want to face Frank. I knew he was going to be there. I knew I would have to see his face. I didn't want to of course, I just wanted to go home and see my brother and tell him my problems.
My little brother who was always my best friend. I just wanted to cry on his shoulder like he did to me so many times many years ago. Before I met Fiona, Mikey, my brother, and I were close. We still are but now that were older and live on opposite sides of the city.

I moved like a robot up the boardwalk towards the shop. The boat was back and there were no people, they all left. I entered the shop with a ring of the bell above the door. No one was inside but that big dog who was sprawled across the floor fast asleep. Bob's dog.
I walked up to the counter and looked around. Now what? What was I going to do?
There was a little bell on the counter so I hit it and a shrill ring was my response. The dog clambered to its feet and walked over to me. I pet her head cautiously before she lost interest and walked through an open door.

"Hey." I looked up to see Bob walk over to me. "Ready to head out? How's your wife?"

"Yeah, she's my-"

"That's good." he smiled. I guess he didn't know what was going on with Frank and I. I guess he just assumed he was my teacher and that was it. Ray probably didn't say anything to him.
"Oh! Frank left something for you, he had to leave early but he wanted you to have it. I have no idea what it is." he handed me a large envelope that I felt should have TOP SECRET stamped on it in red.

"Thanks?" I was confused. Why would Frank leave me anything?

"Anyways, your wife already payed but your car is still in the parking lot." I cringed when he kept saying Fiona was my wife but what was the point of correcting him now?

"Kay... thanks Bob." I replied.

"Anytime, I hope to see you both soon." he smiled. I smiled back and said goodbye but before I walked out the door and I turned around.

"Oh Bob?" he nodded. "If I certified, when am I getting my license?"

"In a few weeks by mail." I nodded and said goodbye for the last time with envelope in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh an update :) It's good to be back... I'm estimating.... 4 chapters at most left. Basically It might be done at the end of the week!!

Decompression Chamber: http://www.aquarianadventures.com/diving/images/hyperbaric-chamber.jpg