Status: Active :)

Seasick

33

The Blue Iguana was right on the ocean with its own private beach you could walk along from the restaurant. The sign of course had a blue iguana and the building itself was made of wood. Classy and something you would find in Jersey, just more open, the place was nice. I however wasn't picking up on these things. Mikey just commented on all of these things as he pushed me up the path to the front door. I was shaking so badly and I didn't think I could handle much more disappointment.

"Mikey, I can't do it." I squeaked.

"Gerard, you did it at the dive shop, therefore you can do it here to. Just walk in." he encouraged. I felt like I was going to throw up. The butterflies in my stomach had migrated to my heart and were flapping through my arteries and coursing through my blood. I felt numb all over. "We are not waiting until he walks out of there, just go in." he opened the wooden door and shoved me into the dim building. It was usual for restaurants and other places to have all their lights turned off during the day because it was so darn hot with today being so exception. Only for dinner they turned the lights on, when it got dark out. When it got dark, there were was no way you could see without lights.
My eyes adjusted to my dim surroundings. I looked around to find the place quite empty. Ceiling fans revolved and two or three people sat at the bar, not including the bartender. Where was Frank?

Boldly I began walking towards the bar with Mikey hot on my heels. I scanned the faces of the men sitting there. The first man was dark with dreadlocks, definitely not Frank. The second was blond with blue eyes, he sipped a glass of beer while watching the soccer game on the TV mounted on the wall. The third man had dark hair and fair skin and he too watched the TV but it alas was not Frank. This man had no tattoos and he was too lanky to be the man I was looking for. I sighed and took a seat. I had given up. I would have to try again tomorrow.

The bartender appeared and I ordered a Coke and the same with Mikey. "I'm sorry man, I know you wanted to find him but we can go back tomorrow." I just nodded as the bartender brought us our cold drinks. I didn't even touch mine. I just watched as drops of water leaked down the sides of the aluminum from the heat. It was as if the can was sweating.

"Yeah, tomorrow..." I agreed half heartedly. I didn't want to have to wait and Mikey knew that. He patted me on the shoulder and popped open his can.
I heard light footsteps behind me but I didn't look up. I don't know why I didn't, I guess I was just focused on watching the TV where a player scored a fantastic goal with his head. I was so focused that I didn't even know what teams were playing.

"Thanks Mac, see you tomorrow." I perked up to the voice but didn't turn just yet. The bartender waved with a grin.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow Frank, tell Natalie that I said hi." Natalie? I turned around in my seat and there he was. He flashed a small at the bartender but didn't catch my look. He turned and made for the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one even bothered to read the last chapter -.- thanks guys, love you too.
I'm sorry I have been so busy lately, it just seems to get worse.