Status: Active :)

Seasick

05

It felt so good to be on dry land and not on that crumby boat. The guy's Gravol certainly did help and he let me draw on the dry erase board where he and the other guy drew the maps. All in all, I kept myself occupied enough not to die from boredom. The guy, Frank, was nice but kind of annoying in a way but maybe I was just grumpy because of the situation. "Gerard?" I snapped my attention to Fiona. I seemed to have slipped into my own thoughts just as we entered the dive store.

"Yeah?"

"I was introducing you to Bob." Fiona said to me. Bob... where did I hear that name before? "He's the owner." the information snapped into place and I nodded. Frank mentioned him.

"Oh, sorry- hi." we shook hands and he smiled warmly.

"So you're getting-" Fiona cut him off.

"Yes he is." her eyes darted between Bob and myself. I raised an eyebrow at her. "He's very excited for it."

"Fabulous." Bob laughed and his blue eyes sparkled with amusement. Was I the only one to notice how pretty his eyes were? A bright blue that reminded me of a stormy sky back in Jersey. "You start tomorrow so Fiona you can go ahead on the boat, same one as today, Jersey Shore. Gerard, you can just hang out here." he smiled.

"So, I he's not coming on the boat?" Fiona frowned.

"Nah, he'll get his briefing on shore."

"Oh, okay." Fiona still seemed upset but her expression changed to that of excitement.

"What's going on?" I jumped in confused.

"Nothing."they both smiled cheerfully and it made me just want to get in the car and drive away. Where, I don't know but it didn't matter. Just away. Just looking at them smiling made me long for New Jersey's dank weather and dirty streets.

"Thanks Bob, see you tomorrow." Fiona waved and turned to leave. I scowled to myself as Bob waved back and wished us goodbye and how he was looking forward to seeing us again tomorrow. As Fiona opened the door, a wave of hot air collided with me and I longed for home even more. I spotted Frank pushing a cart with empty air tanks on it from the the boat. He cast me a small smile and I smiled back.

"See you tomorrow?" he called.

"Apparently." I replied with a shrug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Gerard is out of the loop :P