Status: Active :)

Seasick

08

"So I guess you like your instructor?" Fiona asked me over dinner. Okay, I admit the food here was pretty awesome even if it was mostly fish. No burgers, hot dogs, or any other Jersey food but still good.

"Yeah, he's cool." I replied and bit into a dinner roll. We were at some fancy restaurant inside a hotel. Honestly the restaurant was a perfect square room with dim lighting. Almost no one was there but I liked that.

"What are you learning right now?" she questioned. I began to feel like I was back in grade school. Soon I bet she would ask if I made any friends or found any of the girls cute.

"Equipment." I mumbled. She wasn't satisfied with my answer since she kept asking me what went where but to my own surprise, I knew almost everything she asked.

"So are you enjoying it so far?"

"Fiona, it's been a day." I tried to reason. Geeze she could get tiresome easily.

"Okay, okay sorry, I saw a nurse shark today and a few grouper. I can't wait until you can come and see what I see." she grinned. I sighed through my nose. Was this all she could talk about? "Oh, and I saw a stingray, you'll like those I bet!" finally the waiter arrived with our meals and I thought it would be the end of our conversation but unfortunately it wasn't. She went on about sea cucumbers and how they can protect themselves. It became so boring I just blocked her out of my mind. My thoughts wandered over to Frank and I wondered if he had a girlfriend that constantly nagged him to? Maybe he was married, I didn't notice a ring on his finger... or maybe he was single?

"Gerard?" I snapped my attention back to Fiona. "Are you listening to me?"

"Of course sweetheart." I faked a smile.

"No you weren't, you forgot to chew your food." she sighed. "You always do that where your not listening." I noticed I had food in my mouth right then and I chewed and swallowed.

"Sorry."

"Gerard, when are you going to propose to me?" she asked. Sometimes she did pop the question and whenever she did I would always drop what I had in my hands. Tonight was no different when I dropped my cutlery and heard it bang against the plate. I honestly couldn't see myself married to her. She was a nice girl, really, but not marriage. Hell, I don't even know! "Oh come on, we've been together for four years!"

"Fiona, I'm not ready okay." I pleaded and picked up my cutlery.

"That's what you said last year." she mumbled unhappily.

"Come on Fi, you're making a scene." I whispered desperately. The few people that were here were now staring at us interested.

"I'm making a scene? How dare you Gerard!" she stood up and I grimaced as her chair scraped across the marble floor. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I called for the cheque which came quickly. I groaned as I payed for it, that was a months worth of coffee out the window right there just to get back on my feet. I stood up and made my way out of the restaurant to go find my girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
A quick update :] Haha it's funny, its like you guys are trying to balance out Freaxxx and this story cause now this story has 35 subscribers (which is more since last chapter) and Freaxxx has 124 (one less) lol