Status: Finished!

Here's to Finding A Good Man

1 of 1

"Alex wake up! It’s your 21st birthday and you need to go to work!” My room mate Riley screamed. Okay maybe I should introduce myself I’m Colette Alexis Blanc. But everyone just calls me Alex. I am 5 foot 5 and damn proud! I am naturally skinny, I have brown hair and gray eyes. I’m originally from Winnipeg. I moved to Chicago about 1 year ago to get away from my abusive ex boyfriend. Also, because I got a great job offer with a famous hockey team, maybe you’ve heard of them. They’re called the Chicago Blackhawks. I know what your asking, are you dating a player? Or maybe if you really don’t give a shit about my love life and your generally interested about me, your asking what do you do for the Blackhawks? I am a no I mean THE team doctor. Okay enough about me let’s get back to the story. It’s the day of my 21st birthday and what do you expect? My roommate Riley is taking, no I mean dragging me to a bar where I can legally buy my first beer. I’m going to meet her there, because I have work. The boys have a big game against the Detroit Red Wings. Great! (note the sarcasm) My ex-boyfriend is Darren Helm a forward on the Red Wings. As I was getting ready in jeans and a a cute shirt and a Blackhawks hoodie Riley came in and said “Be careful tonight Alex” “I’ll try. But, think about it this way, I have a locker room full of hockey players who will gladly kick his ass if he tries anything” I replied. She just laughed and walked off. I drove to the United Center and parked in the staff/ VIP parking I saw a cute looking Jonathan Toews, who is one of my best friends and my secret admirer. Him and Riley are the only two people that know of Darren’s abusive ways. He is also the one of the reasons I moved out here. Nobody knows that except Riley who swears up and down that he feels the same way. So, tonight he will finally get his revenge on Darren. Also, he will most likely be in over protective brother mode, not that I’m complaining. “Happy birthday Alex” I heard several male voices say. The male voices being Patrick Sharp, Adam Burish, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook, and of course Jon. Since Jon was the closest to my car he reached me first and whispered in my ear ‘I’m gonna kick his ass tonight. You know that right?” “Yeah but, don’t make me stitch you up tonight.” I replied. Once they all had reached me they pulled me into a group hug. “Guys I can’t breathe.” Once I said that they all immediately let go except an arm was kept on my shoulders and that arm belonged to… you guessed it Jon. I hoped tonight he would beat the heck out of Darren because he deserves a taste of his own medicine.

*FLASHBACK*
“Darren stop!” a distressed me said. “No you stupid little bitch, you deserve it!” He was jealous of Jon and mines relationship. He also thinks I’m cheating on him. I know for a fact that he’s the one cheating on me. As soon as he was about to hit me again Jon came busting through the door and tackled Darren. But before Jon could do some damage I pulled Jon up, which is not an easy task considering I’m 5 foot 5 and he’s 6 foot 2.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Will you stop?” I asked Sharpie. “oh sorry, you were just spaced out.” he replied. “Oh sorry, what were you saying?” I blushed. “I was just asking what you were going to do for your birthday.” “Well, I’m probably going to be stitching some people up tonight.” I purposely looked at Jon when I said that. “Then I’m getting dragged to a bar by Riley.” All the guys laughed at my unenthusiastic tone. “Don’t drink too much we have a practice tomorrow for the game against the Sharks.” “I’ll try not too.” I smiled.

*TIME LAPSE AFTER THE GAME*
The game was great the boys won 3 to 0 and Jon checked Darren into the boards on multiple occasions. I was standing in the tunnel for the whole game rooting for my boys. But my game winning high came to an end when I was slammed into the wall. The person I was slammed into the wall by was none other than Darren Helm. He repeatedly kept slamming me into the wall until he was pulled off me by Sharpie, Jon and Duncan who all know of mine and Darren’s not so great break-up. I felt something wet and sticky on the back of my head. I looked at my hand and it was covered in blood. I screamed. The guys all looked at me and they started panicking. Darren had got pulled away by his team mates who stopped Sharpie, Jon and Duncan from beating his ass. Jon carefully picked me up and rushed me into the locker room where the other doctor, Keith, was standing talking to the coach. When the coach saw me he rushed over and demanded to know what happened. While Jon was explaining, Keith called an ambulance, then started applying pressure to the back of my head. I suddenly felt woozy and passed out. But before that happened I swear I heard Jon say “Alex I love you more than anything, Please don’t go.”

*TIME LAPSE 2 DAYS LATER*
I woke up in a very white room and I was hooked up to all types of monitors. I felt something heavy in my hand and I looked down to see Jon’s hand. I smiled but I heard somebody clear their voice and I jumped not expecting anyone in the room. “He hasn’t left you know.” Riley said. Jon started to stir and I smiled and said “good morning sleepy head!” He stood up and kissed my forehead. “Alex I have a confession.” He said. “I’ll take that as my cue to leave” Riley said. “what is it Jon?” I asked. “I’ve loved you ever since I met you.” He stated. I was too shocked to say anything. I guess he took that the wrong way and he started to leave. I yelled “wait!” He stopped and looked at me. I said “I love you too.”

*TIME LAPSE 1 YEAR LATER*
When I was walking down that isle I started to cry with joy. ‘I’m finally marring the man of my dreams.’ I thought. “Jonathan’s a good man honey.” My father said to me. “Yeah daddy he is”

*LATER AT THE RECEPTION*
Riley stood up and made a toast saying “I’m glad Alex has finally found a good man. Here’s to finding a good man!” Riley then smiled down at her fiancee, Patrick Sharp.

*TIME LAPSE 9 MONTHS LATER*
“JONATHAN TOEWS I FUCKING HATE YOU” I screamed when my 2nd baby’s head poked out. “I love you too, honey.” “What are you going to name them?” The doctor asked. Yes we had twins a little boy and baby girl. “Grante Brian Toews and Esme Alexis Toews.”
*THE END*
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex's outfit
Hope it was good! :)