Star-Crossed Lovers

Star-crossed lovers

It was night. Frank walked slowly across the cemetery. The darkness ate most of the names on the stones, but Frank could still see some of them. Louise Freesome was only 15 when she had died. Frank turned away and kept walking.

Gerard was only 18 when a bullet broke his heart in pieces. Literally. Frank was right next to him when it happened. A gang fight gone wrong in New Jersey, Frank and Gerard in the wrong place at the wrong time... The look on Gerard face when the bullet had hit him. The blood in his beautiful pink lips. The blood on Frank's hands... Gerard's blood...

Frank wiped away a tear. Finally he reached the stone he was looking for. Frank placed a red rose on top of the stone and ran his fingers across the name of his boyfriend.
”Hey you” he whispered. He didn't know if Gerard could hear him, but it was worth a shot.
”I miss you, baby. I miss you so much” Frank said and could feel the tears behind his eyes. He was alone. In the cemetery, in life... so it didn't matter if he cried.

A tear escaped his eye.

”Gerard, come back to me. I miss you so much and I can't live without you. Please, baby. Return to me...” Frank sobbed falling to his knees. It hurt so badly to be without Gerard.

”Hey, baby” a soft voice spoke behind Frank. Frank eyes went wide, he knew that voice too well. It haunted him every day and night. He wanted to hear it again, whispering to his ear. And now it was behind him.
”Gee?” Frank whispered, not sure what to expect.
Frank felt a hand on his shoulder.
”It's me. I came back”
Frank turned around slowly, but kept his gaze on the ground. Every day, every fucking day after the shooting, Frank wanted to see Gerard, feel him and taste him. And now when he was about to see his lover again, he suddenly didn't want to. He was too scared. What if it wasn't his Gerard? What if Frabk was going crazy? His insides were turning upside down and his mouth was dry. His heart raced and it might just stop.
Frank took a deep breath and lifted his chin.

”Hey, baby” Gerard said and knelt in front of Frank, who stared at Gerard and obviously couldn't believe what was happening.
”Gerard...? How-? What-?” Frank said. He couldn't see properly because of the damn tears in his eyes. But he could see that it was Gerard. His Gerard.
”Shh, baby, it's okay. I'm here now. Don't cry” Gerard said smiling and wiped away some of the tears. That made Frank cry even harder.
”I missed you so much! You have no idea how bad it's been!” Frank said and Gerard pulled him into a hug and hold him close.
”I know. I know, my love”

”Gerard, is it really you or am I going crazy?” Frank whispered, scared that if he spoke any louder, the figure of his love would broke into millions of pieces.
”It's really me” Gerard said and kissed Frank's hair.
Frank knew it was Gerard. It smelled like Gerard, it tasted like him, it felt like him.
”But... what's going on?”
”I came back to you. I can't stay long. Just tonight” Gerard whispered. He buried his face in Frank's hair. It smelled like apples. He loved Frank so much and it hurt to be there, knowing that the moment wasn't gonna last forever.
”I came here to tell you something... I know it's been hard for you. I've been watching you. But it hasn't so easy for me either” Gerard whispered and Frank snuggled closer to his boyfriend.
”It rains. It rains every day in heaven, for me. It's cold and it's just awful. I'm so miserable. I miss you so much. That's all I do, miss you” Gerard said and tears started falling down his cheeks.

Frank pulled himself away from Gerard and examined his face. He was still his Gerard. His beautiful Gerard. His pale face was now striped by tears and his eyes were blurry. But he still looked like an angel to Frank.
”I'm sorry” Frank said.
”Yeah, me too.”

”Frank, I need to go. My time is running out, our time is running out” Gerard said.
”No! Don't leave me again, I don't wanna be alone again!” Frank said and grabbed Gerard's shirt.
”Honey, you'll never be alone. I'll always be with you” Gerard said and took Frank's hand in his own.
”I'm your guardian angel. I'll always be there. Remember that, Frankie” Gerard said and kissed Frank on the mouth. The kiss was more passionate than any other had ever been. A bright light filled Frank's mind and suddenly it was gone. Frank opened his eyes. He was alone again in the cemetery. No Gerard, no nothing.
Frank stood up and smelled the air. He could feel Gerard's body against his and he could still taste him on his lips.
Frank lifted his gaze to the skies. The stars were bright. Frank smiled. His Gerard was somewhere there. He knew they were both alone and miserable, but in a way, they still had each other in every possible way.

I'm your guardian angel. I'll always be there. Remember that, Frankie.