Elevation

In the months leading up to her eighteenth birthday, Harlyn Walker is plagued by unimaginable nightmares that she dares not speak about to anyone, for fear of being ridiculed, or much worse, locked away.

Odd things are happening in her town, and on the night of her birthday, they seem to revolve around her, if only for just a moment. She is hunted by a man that calls himself 'Watcher', both in the waking world and her dreams, and right before she thinks she is going to see him again, Reed Thatcher comes into the picture.

On a mission, he seeks her out to question her about things she can't even begin to understand, or even admit the existance of, werewolves? Vampires? She thinks the man is insane, but the fact that she has no answers for him only intrigues him further.

He kidnaps her, vowing to protect her from things that have no known reason to be after her, and in doing so begins to feel an attraction towards her.

Afraid and having gone from popular and all-around liked to basically alone in the world, Harlyn must accept the truth that the things she'd always thought belonged in her darkest nightmares are very real and anxious to get their hands on her.

She must learn who and what she is in order to survive.