Through the Trees

Sam - Done

“Why are we back here?” I asked as we walked slowly down the alleyway. Our footsteps rumbled as they shot off the backs of the buildings around us.
“Because, Sam, this is where people are saying everyone has been going missing. Most recent ones are Rebekah James, and Catherine Sellers, they came out here with a guy about a week ago then after that, nothing”
“Why is it always nothing, why can't it be...'then they lived happily ever after' or something, I mean damn.” I said slightly smiling, turning towards Dean as he peered down a small side alley, my eyes shifting downward to the base of his jeans.
“Sam, Sammy? Whoo hoo,” Dean whistled, as he tried to get my attention, as my gaze still stuck glued to his ass.
“What, sorry, there was a...bug.”
“Okay, what about it?” Dean said smiling, he must not have realized what, and why I was looking at him for.
“No-nothing, lets just go.” I stammered, my feet rushing past him.
“Easy, Sammy boy. We need to,” Dean said stopping, before hitting me against the wall. He placed his left hand over my mouth and his right index finger over his lips. He nodded before tilting my head to the right to see the large mutated creature; about ten feet from face was a werewolf. Though I wasn't thinking about that, I was thinking about the hot, rustic breath that was hitting against my face, the forceful hand caressing my lips, as Dean's body lay intertwined with mine. I was also thinking that I was a monster for letting thoughts like that come into my head. “Tuck, roll, and shoot.” he whispered as he slowly released my face from his grasp.
I pulled my legs in tight, as I rolled to the right, placing only five feet between me and 'it', before pulling out my pistol, and firing two of the custom made silver bullets into the creatures thigh.
“Sam look out!” Dean screamed as I turned around to see another one of the large creatures jumping down from over head landing right in front of me. The werewolf flung its arm at me, his claws slashing against my chest, warm blood pooling at my feet as it flowed down my body. “Sam!” is all I heard, then nothing, darkness swept in, only to be interpreted by two more gunshots.

* * *

Two days later

“Dammit, dammit! Why, why is it always Sam?!” I head Dean scream from a distance, I felt as if my ears were stuffed with cotton balls. “Why can he not have what he deserves, what he needs?” I heard him say again, I couldn't tell who he was talking to, but I knew by the tone he was pissed.
“Dean, I know your upset, but he will be fine.”
“Yeah, Bobby...fine, so me and him can get right back out there, huh? Well, that's just it, I'm tired of being out there. I'm done. We're done, with all of it.” I heard Dean say as he turned towards me. I clamped my eyes shut and acted like I was asleep, as he slammed the hospital door shut.