Status: Just created. Not sure yet.

Break All Your Rules

Tender is the touch of someone that you love too much

I fixed my hair in the mirror as Mason sat on my bed, admiring my new look. I was wearing the same outfit I had tried on in the store, and I had to admit, I liked it. It was much more comfortable than my normal clothes.

“Scared?” he asked, coming up behind me and pulling the comb gently out of my shaking hands. He had changed his beanie to a black baseball cap, worn backwards and slightly to the side. It looked good on him.

“Just a little.” I took a deep breath. “What if they, I dunno, throw me out?”

“My door is open to you. My mom wouldn’t care; she works a lot.”

“I’d feel horrible.”

“Listen, Fee,” he said, shortening my name. “They’re not gonna do anything like that. They’re gonna probably ground you or try and break us up or something.”

“Or kick me out.” I looked at his eyes in the mirror. “You obviously don’t know my parents.”

He laughed. “You need to relax a bit. They’re not gonna be home for another twenty minutes.” He went over to my CD player and popped in a new CD, going directly to a certain track. The quiet notes of Blur’s “Tender” came on and I smiled.

“Thanks.”

He put his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck, and we stood together in the center of my room, listening to the song and enjoying the time spent together. To be honest, I had no idea if this would ever happen again after tonight.

I heard the downstairs door close and heavy footsteps – my father – make their way into the den. I choked back a hysterical laugh. “Oh dear.”

“This’ll be fine, believe me. Just… just go with it, okay? We’ll survive.” He pressed the pause button, stopping Damon Albarn’s voice. He took my hand and opened my door. “Plus, I’m strong. I think I could take your dad.” He flaunted a non-existent bicep and I giggled.

“Let’s just get this over with.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!
Sorry for the delay. Mason was being a brat and not telling me his story. :P But I've got updates written for later on, and this story is progressing.
Hey, I started a contest! It's an action sports athlete contest, and it's really simple and fun. Do enter if you have the time. :) If not, whore it out to your other friends that would be interested.
My mojo's back, and so are my stories.
Thanks for the support!