Status: Just created. Not sure yet.

Break All Your Rules

I'm gonna break down those walls

I took long strides over the plush green grass of the commons, heading towards the group of boys I usually avoided at all costs. Shaun had Kevin in a headlock while Mason was lying in the grass, eyes closed. Scotty wasn’t with them.

All activities halted as I stood before them, looking like a stereotypical rich girl who went to country clubs and all that. I had worn a short pink skirt, a white polo shirt, and my gray Converse low tops in an effort to show them just how wrong I would be for Mason. I could never fit in with them.

“Mason.”

He shot up and turned red. “Fiona, hey.”

“Wanna fill me in on what happened this weekend at Scotty’s?”

“Oh, um…” He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. “Well, I was drunk - ”

“Oh great!” I shouted exasperatedly. “Just the kind of people I want to be associated with.” I turned away in disgust.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Kevin began glaring viciously at me.

I sighed. “Listen, I’ve got so many goals and a pristine reputation with teachers and students alike here. I can’t taint or stain it; anything I do now can affect what Stanford will say to me later. I have standards.”

Shaun whistled slowly. “Low blow.”

“What I mean to say is…” I paused, backtracking. “I have incredibly high standards, and I have a rule for myself: no dating before college. I’m sorry, Mason.” I turned to walk away.

“I’m not giving up.”

His admission made me stop and look back to face him. “Excuse me?”

“I’m not giving up,” he repeated, standing up and stuffing his hands in his pockets. “There comes a time when everybody breaks their rules. And that time’s gonna come for you.”

I scoffed, trying to hide my surprise at this somewhat thoughtful revelation.

“When it does, I’m gonna take advantage of it. Fiona, I’m not gonna give up.”

“That’s your choice, then.” I sighed. “Goodbye, Mason. Shaun, Kevin.”

“See you later, Fiona.”

Wouldn’t bet on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!
So yeah. You know the drill. Comment, predict, etc. etc. I'm trying for a double update today.
Leave it some love!