Status: Ongoing

17 Nights

Never simple, never easy

Flash

Another smile.

Flash

Another pose.

Flash

"Ava!" they called her name as she made her way down the red carpet; more flashes erupted.

Ava Hall gave a sultry smile. She looked around; her face plastered all over the area, different pictures but the same her. Too anyone else, this would have been so nerve wracking, so strange. But she was used to it. The attention, ever since she was born, was all she had ever known.

She had become so apathetic to it. The passion she once had for acting, had become so jaded to her. It became just another day, another inconvenience she had to get through before the end of the day. The hair, the make-up, listening to people sucking up to her, people criticizing her, it all became just one big blur.

"Ava, how was working with Orlando Bloom on your new movie?" one of the reporter's asked her. It was a common question, with an answer that just seemed to roll off of Ava's tongue mindlessly.

"He was amazing. Such a sweetheart, I'm so glad I had such a great guy like him as my love interest," Ava lied sweetly through her teeth. "He was a joy to work with. And oh my God, does he have an amazing body!" she gushed once more, like an air headed teenage girl.

She wanted to be honest, to be able to speak her mind for once, but it wasn't what the media wanted. Ava knew the media, and honesty was not what they wanted. They wanted a scandal, juicy information that they could stretch to make it sound like they were having a whirlwind affair so they could sell it to thousands that were enthralled with her life.

"So the most important question. Who are you wearing?" the woman with the very annoying voice asked her once more.

The beautiful blonde resisted the urge to roll her eyes. That's all they cared about; what she's wearing and who she's dating. It was as if her work meant nothing and it all came down to the most superficial things that mattered. Her work, the same work that she spent countless hours devoting to, was just pushed aside to the golden question: who are you wearing?

Ava gave out a short and strained laugh. "I'm wearing Diane Von Furstenberg," she responded shortly. The camera focused on her dress as she spun for them. Eighteen years of hard work trying to make a name for herself, all climaxed to who she was wearing and who she was dating.

Pathetic.

After finishing her interview with the woman, Ava left and refused to take anymore interviews. She was sick of it, one more stupid question that had absolutely nothing to do with her movie and she was going to snap. Making her way into the theatre, she refused to make eye contact with actors and crew members that were already inside the building.

*

It was already night time, but the city refused to sleep as the honking cars kept on making noise and the city lights just shone brighter. In a city of millions, it was easy to loose yourself and feel so alone. It was a city that was unforgiving; it was a make it or break it kind of city.

Marc Staal rushed across his bachelor pad as went to answer the phone in his living room. Sliding on his hardwood flooring, he answered the phone just as it gave its third ring. "Frankie? Hey, how are you?" Marc greeted his friend happily. He glanced at the T.V. that showed some interview of an actress named Kristen Bell.

Francesca laughed, making Marc beam in happiness as he was able to make her laugh, even if it was small. "I'm not bothering you am I?"

"No!" he said quickly. "Uh, I mean, no you're not. I'm always glad to take your calls," he recovered and Francesca let out a chuckle, but for some reason it sounded distant. His heart beating just a little bit faster.

"What are you doing?" she asked quietly.

"I'm just watching Entertainment Tonight," he said and then a beautiful blonde appeared on the screen.

Marc was familiar with the blonde on his screen, but then again who wasn't familiar with Ava Hall? She was an internationally acclaimed actress that was given the title of 'Ice Queen' because of her rather cold demeanour outside of the media. But he knew her as Ava Jenkins, daughter of Ron Jenkins and partial owner of his team.

"She's beautiful, isn't she? Ava Hall," Francesca commented, also watching the same thing Marc was.

Marc wanted to say that Francesca was so much more beautiful, both inside and out, but decided keep his mouth shut for the sake of Jordan, who was head of her heels for the girl he was on the phone with.

"What's on your mind?" he asked, sensing something was bothering her.

"Jordan," she whispered. Marc's heart dropped a bit; he knew that Francesca had feelings for his younger brother, even if she was oblivious to her own feelings, but that didn't stop it from hurting any less. "He's been acting so weird around me."

Marc nodded even though Francesca couldn't see him. He kept his eyes trained to the Tv where they showed live footage of a premier that was going on that vary night. The reporter asked Ava what it was like working with Orlando Bloom.

"He was amazing. Such a sweetheart, I'm so glad I had such a great guy like him as my love interest."

Before speaking, Marc stayed silent thinking of what to say. "You should talk to him about it. I'm sure he's just stressed," he offered.

"Thank you Marc, you're the best. I have to go; I'll talk to you soon." Francesca said cheerfully.

Sighing, Marc replied, "I'm glad I could help, bye." He sighed and rested his head on the top of the backrest of the couch and closed his eyes.

"17 Nights is about unrequited love and how to deal with it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I think Marc Staal needs more love and he's seriously amazing.
What do you guys think?
Comment and let me know!