Status: Ongoing

17 Nights

Can you still hear the last goodnight?

The phone rang for what seemed like the eighth time in the morning. Ava gave her cell phone a small glance and then went back to looking out the window. She was now in London in some posh hotel suit sitting on the ledge of the window, looking out of it trying to figure out her next move.

It was raining and the sky was dark, only adding to her already gloomy mood.

She didn't know why she couldn't bring herself to talk to him. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that Marc chose Frankie over her. And she knew that she was being selfish. Frankie was his friend first and she was in the hospital. But it didn't help ease her mind since he admitted to still liking her and the fact that he pretty much ran out the door right when he found out she was in the hospital.

Ava was going to tell him one of the most important piece of news in hers and his life and he didn't even take the time to breath and listen to her. It took her so long to prepare herself and gather the courage to tell him that night.

Now she was having second thoughts. There was no way she'd be able to handle having a baby and taking care of it all on her own. There was also no way she was going to raise a baby with a father that would up and leave for another woman in a second.

Marc was a good guy, but the fact that he left her to take care of Frankie, when she has her own boyfriend, told her something. It told her that, maybe just maybe, he wasn't as committed to her as she was to him.

She didn't want to end up like every other starlet in Hollywood; unmarried, with children and possibly not have a father around. She wanted to get married, she wanted a family, and she wanted a husband. Ava was old fashion when it came to the idea of what a proper family should be like.

Divorce in her family was not an option. Even when her mother and father were on the verge of a divorce a couple of years back, when Ava was a teen, they stuck through it because they both had a strict Catholic upbringing. She wanted that. She wanted the marriage her mother and father had.

Who was she kidding? Ava couldn't raise a child. There was no way she was fit to be a mother even if she had Marc with her. She was too young and too selfish. Ava was so used to being spoiled and getting everything she wanted, there was no way she could raise a baby.

Not only were that, but both her and Marc too young to be having a baby. It also didn't help that they just started their relationship.

Ava sighed. She laughed bitterly at herself. She really couldn't believe that one guy could reduce her to the kind of person she was now. Ava was never like this. She was the one that left guys crying. She was the one that left them wondering, not the other way around.

It was ironic. She felt like she was in 17 Nights all over again. Ava was her character, Georgie Hamilton, Marc was Duke, the guy Georgie was in love with, Frankie was Allison, the girl Duke was in love with and Jordan was Adam, Allison's boyfriend.

In the movie, Georgie did everything Duke asked her to. She would bend over and backwards for him just because she was in love with him. In the end, Allison and Adam broke up, Duke was there to comfort Allison and they ended up together. Georgie ended up alone. It was the ending that attracted Ava to the movie. For a romantic comedy it didn't have the conventional ending that was expected.

Picking up her cell phone, she drew out a long breath and dialled a familiar number.

"Dr. Perkins office, how my I help you?" answered her family doctor's secretary.

Dr. Perkins has been Ava's family doctor since she could remember. Hell, Dr. Perkins was the one that delivered Ava. She owned a clinic in New York and was extremely private about her famous patients and why they come into her clinic.

"Yeah, hey Marisa. It's Ava, I just want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Perkins on the second."

"Sure, what time?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Alright. I have an opening on at one. Is that okay?"

"Yes, thank you," she said and hung up the phone.

Ava pulled her legs close to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs and rested her head on her lap. She squeezed her eyes shut, to keep from crying. The phone rang again; she knew that it was Marc, so she picked up the phone this time.

She placed the phone on her ear, not removing her face from her lap and just waited for Marc to talk.

"Ava, you there?"

There was a pregnant silence and Marc was about to hang up when Ava finally spoke. "Yeah, I'm here," she answered hoarsely.

"You said that you wanted to talk? I was going to call you earlier but I remembered that you had your flight to London. Why haven't you been picking up? I called you about a hundred times, I was worried."

"What is Frankie to you?" Ava asked, ignoring all his questions.

There was another long pause, and Ava knew that answer. There was no way it would take this Marc that long to answer her if he had no feelings for Frankie whatsoever. Raking her free hand over her hair, Ava shut her eyes tighter.

"I care a lot about her, and yes I do have feelings for her. She's my brother's girlfriend Ava," Marc tried to reason.

"So, because you can't have her, you decided to start dating me."

Marc sighed in a frustrated manner. This wasn't how he thought their conversation would go. He wondered what got her asking all these questions. He was sure that before he left for Pittsburgh they were completely happy.

"No Ava, I wasn't expecting to even be with anyone. But when you came along you changed everything, you make me forget her."

"So, I'm just so you can forget her. I'm just here for you, so that you can forget your brother's girlfriend? God Marc, I feel like I'm playing Georgie all over again, and its making me sick. I won't be her and I won't be alone."

"Ava I-"

"I'm pregnant Marc," she interrupted him. "I'm pregnant. I've been thinking it through and the both of us aren't ready to have a child. Not in our relationship, not in our careers and not in where we stand as a couple so I've decided to get an abortion."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what did you think?
I am never going to give them a moment of happiness. I feel bad. Poor Marc.
Thank you to everyone that commented, you guys are amazing.
Five new comments to get the next chapter updated.
Thank you.