Status: Ongoing

17 Nights

Don't believe the things you tell yourself so late at night

Since Ava's release from the hospital, Marc and Ava had been taking things slowly. They were both still getting used to the idea of having a child together and even though they had worked things out, their relationship was still on the mend.

They decided slow was better than how fast they had taken it before. Marc and Ava were already sleeping with each other by the second week of knowing each other and then 'living' together after a month. It wasn't the type of morals they wanted to present their child with and it wasn't something they wanted the baby to follow.

They were also mending their relationship. It was never going to go back to what it used to be, no, now it was much more different. Their relationship wasn't going to be as carefree as it was before. They had a baby to think about and to raise.

Ava stepped out of her large closet as she slipped on her earrings. "Marc, we have to go soon, I hope you're dressed."

Sighing, Marc had just come back from late practice and was now expected to go and meet Ava's parents to tell them that she was pregnant. He was dead tired, but they had been making these plans for days now and tonight was the only night they could tell them because the next morning, Marc had to go on the road.

He nodded even though Ava couldn't see him and walked into the room they shared. "Yeah, I'm done."

Looking at her boyfriend up and down, Ava raised her eyebrows. "Marc honey, this isn't Olive Garden," she said criticizing his attire which consisted of a dress up shirt and jeans. "This is Daniel's, okay? And my parents happen to be friends with the owner."

Marc sighed frustrated. He had just gotten back from practice and really was in no mood to amuse Ava and play dress up. When she said that they were going to have dinner with her family, he assumed somewhere casual. Of course her family would pick somewhere high class that not many people could afford.

He rolled his eyes and retreated back to one of the many rooms Ava had where he kept his clothes. Because there wasn't any room for his clothes in Ava's massive closet, he had to occupy the closet of one of the guest bedrooms. Even then, she had some of her things in his closet.

Ava pulled on her black blazer and stood by the guest room Marc had his things. She lingered in by the door and watched him change, with a small smile on her face. She knew that this was overwhelming for Marc, he wasn't used to the world that Ava lived in. The world where Daddy's plastic and the latest fashion were to die for and if you didn't have either, you were socially dead. The world that was so much more cutthroat than a beauty pageant.

Marc was putting on his suit pants when he noticed Ava in a body hugging dress and heels that were way too high to be considered safe. "Should you be wearing those heels? I mean, what if you fall and harm the baby?" he asked worriedly.

Rolling her eyes playfully at her boyfriend, she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso, resting her head on his bare chest. "Walking in heels for me is like you skating on ice. Don't worry," she reassured him.

These were the times that Marc enjoyed. He preferred the more affectionate Ava then the high maintenance one that she liked to project to people. He liked it when she wasn't thinking about clothes or looking down on people. Ava really wasn't his type of girl, he preferred girls that dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. Ones that didn't really keep up with the latest fashion, that was low maintenance, someone like Frankie.

But Ava was different. She was spontaneous and crazy. He wasn't going to lie and say that it wasn't the sex that intrigued him to her at first, but then he got to know her and he became addicted to knowing the Ava that no one else knew. She often confided in him about her insecurities and her fears, something that she never told anyone.

"You do know that there are times where I trip on the ice right?"

"Hm," Ava just shrugged her shoulders and lightly slapped his chest. "Now get ready, my dad hates waiting."

*

Ava walked in the expensive restaurant that her parents often frequented with Marc in hand and looking out of place. She gave the hostess her name and who was expecting her, which the hostess instantly knew.

The woman looked at Marc up and down, making Ava look at the woman, who was eyeing her boyfriend hungrily, in an arrogant manner. She put a hand on Marc's chest as if to claim him and show the woman that she was below her.

Marc groaned inwardly, knowing what Ava was up to, a lot of girls that he and his brothers acted the same way. Either they were really protective and got jealous or they were really protective and showed off their boyfriend to other girls to make them jealous.

Ava let go of Marc's arm when she spotted her parents at the dinner table, both dressed in their best. "Mom," she said walking over to Josephine, who stood up to greet her daughter.

"Its good to see you again," Josephine greeted her daughter with a tight hug and kissed her cheek. Josephine had stayed in London to help with one of her stores there for the past two weeks, so she had no idea what had happened to her daughter.

"Daddy," Ava giggled girlishly and hugged her father tightly. "You guys remember Marc," she introduced her boyfriend to her parents.

Intimidated by Ava's father, considering he's his girlfriend's father and Ron Jenkins, one of the most powerful and richest men in the world, he weakly shook his hand. "Sir," he said politely and was about to shake Josephine's hand when she pulled him into a hug.

"It's nice to formally meet you. Ava's been gushing about you; I've been dying to meet the man that's got my baby girl giggling like a school girl."

"Mom," Ava groaned, rolling her eyes and motioning for Marc to sit beside her.

They were immediately greeted by the headwaiter, who knew the family well, and handed them their menu. Marc's eyes widened when he opened the menu and saw the price on a simple steak. He wondered if the steak was cooked in a golden stove or something.

Not long after, the headwaiter came back taking everyone's order. There was an awkward silence looming over the table as everyone in the table tried to think about something to say, anything.

Ava looked between her father and Marc. She sighed and spoke, "So dad how was your day?"

Ron shrugged his shoulders. "It was the same thing as usual."

"Well then, that was my attempt at starting a conversation," Ava said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

All Marc needed was a minute with the family and it was obvious that they weren't close as he was with his family. There was a lot of distance between the small family of three and it was obvious that her parents didn't seem the type that was easy to confide in. They seemed posh and a bit uptight.

"So I guess I should tell you guys up fronts since this conversation thing isn't really working out," she stated, making Marc nervous knowing what she was about to say next. "I'm pregnant," she said bluntly.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
So Marc and Ava are now in better terms, and they've both gotten used to the idea of having a baby. Cute moment between Marc and Ava.
Thank you to everyone that commented!
Join my hockey contest?
Comment please?
Thank you.