Status: DONE

The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For

If Only She Knew About the World Without all the Bullshit and the Lies

As the blue sky started to fade into pink and purple hues, the buses pulled up to the next tour venue. All tour members rushed to pack the rest of their things and rush over to their night at the hotel. Crew and band members, alike, never took running water for granted; the extra pleasure of having space to roam around in and the ability to cleanse your laundry, caused them to over look the fact that they were not with their families.

It became clear to Alex just how strained Kara and Rian's relationship had become, as he stood in the lobby, watching the slender girl run around trying to find someone to trade rooms with. He approached his frantic friend with the calmest expression he could muster. The boy took her luggage for her and offered a warm smile.

"Why don't you stay with Jack and I?"

"But don't you two want to..." she trailed off, not quite sure who in the lobby would be listening.

"Look Kara, Jack will understand once you explain to him what's going on. I still haven't been filled in with the details," he noted as the elevators opened, "I'm sorry things haven't gotten better for you two."

"It isn't your fault. I just don't know what's making him drift away from me at such a fast pace. Nothing has dramatically changed in our lives or our relationship. We're not even at a stand-still. I don't understand it... I hate it. To make matters worse he won't even talk about it."

"I have no idea, as far as I'm concerned: you two are the perfect couple."

Kara smiled at her friend, watching him swipe the card before handing it to her. Alex threw his luggage down beside his boyfriend's and laid on one of the beds. He was partially grateful that they had to keep up the act and order a room with double beds.

"I know this really isn't the right time to ask you this, but I need your advice," he paused for a moment, "You have been an amazing friend this whole time, supporting Jack and I from the start - so you are really the only one I can ask."

"Go ahead Alex, I'm all ears."

As the singer attempted to put his thoughts into words a shrill scream came from the doorway. Jack slammed the door shut and ran across the room, jumping onto his boyfriend.

"Guess what."

"What?" the boy on the bottom asked, his voice still laced with laughter.

"I broke up with Cass."

"You didn't."

"I did," Jack replied, "but she didn't seem to bothered by it. Which makes me less guilty for using her."

"Odd."

"It is, hey Kara," the lanky boy waved at her as he spotted her, "what's up?"

She studied her chipped nail polish before responding, "Rian and I need a little space at the moment."

"Wait, you broke up?"

"No Alex, I just need time to think. Anyway, if it's okay with you too, Jack, I'd like to stay here. If it isn't, be honest... I don't want to burden anyone."

Anyone could read Jack's shocked expression, but he just nodded along. He knew that Kara had done a lot for them, so he couldn't find it within himself to be selfish and say no. But all he wanted was to celebrate with his boyfriend while enjoying a night of privacy during tour.

The girl walked over to the boys and took them into her arms, "Thank you so much! I'm going to go out so you boys can do your thing - text me when it's safe for me to come back."

Kara didn't give them a chance to reply, she just grabbed her purse and exited the room. Once in the hall, she really didn't have any idea what she was going to do. She started to walk towards the Glamour Kills' room to see if any of the merchers wanted to hang out, but as she got to the corner she froze at the sound of Rian's voice.

"What do you want to do tonight?" he asked.

The girl scrunched up her face, knowing that he couldn't possibly see her. She held her breath, hoping that she was going to hear a male's voice, but the reply was much to her dismay.

"Well, I'm hungry."

Kara's jaw dropped, her eyes narrowing as her mind processed the voice. Just to say that she did, and not look back on the past and regret not doing anything: the slender girl picked up her chin and put on a happy-go-lucky expression as she rounded the corner. She was right, Cassadee stood besides her boyfriend, their arms locked; as they spotted her they took a couple steps apart.

"Hey baby, I was looking for you, Cass was just helping me search the rooms."

"Are you really going to lie to my face, Rian? After all these years, can't you show me some respect and tell me the truth?"

"Let me explain."

"There isn't anything to explain, it's all clear to me now. We've been falling apart because she's been pushing me aside. If you want to end our love for some-" she paused, not wanting to step out of herself and call the other girl a name, "one who doesn't care much for anyone but herself - go ahead. Just know that we're not getting back together."

"Fine, if you want it that way," Rian took Cass's hand and walked past his now ex-girlfriend, not feeling any shame.

The brunette stood still, not really knowing how to react or where to go. As she started to feel herself shake, she took a couple steps backward, her body hitting the door as she slid down to the floor. It swung open, causing her to fall and hit the floor. She looked up to see Marky pushing up his glasses.

"Do you need someone to talk to?"

She ran her fingers over her cheeks to brisk aside the tears, "Please."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me.