Status: DONE

The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For

Anything that You've Ever Needed

The crowd roared as All Time Low took stage, having no idea that they were about to experience something that was going to be all over the headlines of every single music magazine and anything related. The boys played a couple songs before talking to the crowd. Alex and Jack were arguing with each other carelessly about how Jack hogged all of the cookies on the bus the afternoon before to make the crowd laugh, no one sensed the tension that was really between them.

It was about halfway through their set when Alex decided he should just suck it up and ask his boyfriend before he ran out of time. He glanced at Kara who gave him a reassuring smile as he held onto the last note with his guitar. He stepped away from the microphone for a moment and looked at the crowd, praying that none of them would leave.

"Jack, can I ask you something?"

"My mom is not available next weekend," he replied automatically receiving whistling from the crowd.

With a half smile Alex continued, "No, seriously bro."

The guitarist strummed a few chords and nodded, his eyes now on his friend and not the sea of teenagers who were facing him.

"I know-" his voice cracked, causing him to look at the girl who was smiling widely at him backstage for assurance, "I know you broke up with me this morning, but I'm done trying to hide it."

Jack stared dumbly at him as the crowd went from being silent to murmuring.

"I love you, Jack Bassam Barakat," he approached his boyfriend and took his hands, he got to one knee and looked up, "will you be my husband. Forever be by my side and fill the space in my heart that you fit so perfectly in?"

Smiling now, the lanky boy to onto his knees and kissed his now fiance; their guitar's hanging behind them on the straps to avoid any separation. Alex pulled the small velvet box out from his pocket and slipped it onto Jack's finger.

"Thank you," Barakat mumbled, no one in the crowd could make out what he was saying.

They stood back up and went over to their microphones and continued playing as if nothing had happened. It took Rian and Zack a few moments to get over the shock of what had just happened. The crowd-- they were a mix of emotions. Some disapproved due to beliefs, others were plain angry that Alex and Jack were now taken and to each other, but almost half of them were a mix of joy and I knew it!s.

The band left the stage after their set and headed straight for their bus; they didn't want to be pressured to explain the situation or be hounded with questions. They just wanted to celebrate. The crew ran out for drinks and junk food for their little party on the bus; they didn't let any one else on the tour slip in with them. This was going to be a good thing for all of them, no matter what people were going to make of it. Alex and Jack just needed to put on their thick skin and remain joyful beneath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I wanted to leave you guys with something while I do my summer work... which I put up for last minute.

This story will be ending within 10 chapters. I could take it farther, but I don't have much in mind. And honestly, I need my mind clear for school work. It's senior year for me, I need to concentrate.