Status: DONE

The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For

Save Your Breath and Get Down With Me

Alex and Jack were squashed in the singer's tiny bunk, but the affection didn't feel anything but stronger in the close quarters. They weren't saying anything, the lanky boy was watching his boyfriend as he laid limply against him, having finished crying several minutes before.

"I don't want to leave her, I don't know her, I want to know everything about her before anything bad happens to her."

"It's okay, tour will be over soon and we can spend as much time with her as you want."

"Nothing is okay in this world," he muttered, "there isn't any good thing that I've received without something bad attached to it."

Jack closed his eyes at that, "I'm sorry that I'm not helping."

"If you were truly sorry, you'd call her and cancel the date, you know you could do that."

"Just one date, I'll tell her I wasn't interested."

Alex sighed, "I'm starting to get the feeling that you actually like Cassadee, since you can't seem to let it drop; I guess I'm not good enough."

"Babe," he grabbed his boyfriend's face and pulled it close, "you're perfect."

He didn't respond, knowing that the conversation would run in circles like it did every other time they tried to have it. Sensing the defeat, Jack bit Alex's lip tauntingly before pressing their lips together. He could easily feel the coffee haired boy giving in to him, he smiled as their lips moved in sync, happy that he was getting what he wanted.

When Alex pulled away the other boy spoke softly, "Sorry you're probably not in the mood."

Not a word came out of his mouth as he reached over to his boyfriend's boxers, pulling them down and resting his hands gently over the exposed skin.

"You've been patient," the coffee haired boy whispered, "so I guess I can get over the fact that I'm not."

"But-" Jack couldn't finish his reply as he felt a moan building up in his throat.

~x~

Maria walked into her mother's house, surprised when she felt a little one jump onto her. She knelt down and ran a hand over her daughter's hair.

"I thought your daddy was taking you?"

"Ga'ma said that I couldn't go on tour," the little girl bounced on her feet causing her curls to bounce, "I miss daddy."

"I'm sure he misses you too hun," she picked Alexis up, "you should be in bed little missy."

The toddler grabbed her stuff animal when Maria placed her into her tiny bed, pulled the sheet up over her daughter and kissing her forehead. The mother walked out into the kitchen to find her own mother hovering over a cup of tea.

"How could you go against me? Do you not care for your grand-daughter? We can't afford to care for her anymore, I want whats best for her."

"Being exposed to the life of touring isn't good for her immune system; once the doctors figure out what it is, we can all decide if she's cut out for it or not."

"What happens if she has some type of attack or whatever the doctors say might happen?"

"Alex left me one of his credit cards, he said anything related to Alexis can be charged on it; he left his number if any company or such has a problem with us using the card."

"Give me it," the dark haired girl said handing her hand out.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I know you, you'll go on some shopping trip because you're mad that he chose Jack over you. Than you'll explain to him that you're Alexis' mother so it does pertain her, no Maria, you won't use him after he's been generous enough to help her after you kept her a secret."

"If I ran into him before, I would have told him."

"You've been to tour when he's there, you're in town when he's at home. I'm sure you could find him if you needed to; his parents would've gladly told you once you explained the situation to them."

"The slutty twin is home," Mia muttered walking into the kitchen to pick up the kettle and pour it into a cup.

"Excuse me?"

"We all know how you make your cash so shut up, I'm sick of your temper lately. You aren't the only one going through this grief, we'll be losing Alexis too."

"Girls," the older woman said shaking her head, "I miss when you two got along."

"Blame the love-monkeys," Maria growled as she smacked her hand down on the table, "I blame them for everything. You turned on me Mia, don't forget that."

"If I knew-"

"GIRLS!"

They turned to look at their mother.

"I don't have to let you live here, you're over eighteen, I can kick you out whenever I chose."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what are you guys thinking? Any ideas on how this is all going to play out?