Lost Souls

Prologue

They were after her baby. It seemed as if the entire Egyptian pantheon had gone crazy. They were making her run. Her!

Her anger flared, wishing hell upon the gods and goddess. The ones who were so convinced she, her husband and their child were a threat to the pantheon. A threat! She was the goddess of magic and healing and the idea of being dangerous to the very pantheon she—Sharp pain stabbed in her brain. They were trying to attack her, sending mind attacks. She gasped out in pain and fell to the ground.

Isis!

Osiris rushed to his wife side, cradling their daughter. Isis looked behind, they were gaining on them. She caressed her husband’s cheek. “I won’t make it. Go on without me.”

Suddenly she felt a sensation, nothing distinctive or describable, but it just was. No! Her eyes shot open. She knew what was happening.

“Osiris,” she whispered. He looked at her.

“You go on. I’ll fight them off.”

“But without your powers you’ll die!” she screamed. He wasn’t look at her, but behind her.

“Go on. They’re getting closer. Call the Morrigan,” he said urgently.

Isis looked at her husband and knew this would be the last time they were together. With her husband’s powers, she ran, holding her baby tightly, only looking back once.

Looking back, only to see Osiris fall. She felt it in her. Their love was shattered, his life was gone. But now she had to protect her daughter.

Her chest ached and as she looked down she saw blood seep to her fingers. Her baby was dying! Looking back, she saw him. Set. She felt another pain, like a dagger through her heart. An attack directed to her. She dropped to the ground, still protecting her baby. This was it. She was going to die. She wished she could’ve passed her powers down to the child but she needed it.

She was going to destroy the entire Egyptian pantheon.

She could feel Set coming closer, smirking and proud to be the one to kill his brother’s wife. Worthless bastard.

Morrigan

She sent a call to her.

Isis, you know it is not in our nature to tamper with other pantheons! Her voice, filled with compassion, entered her mind.

“Morrigan, you owe me a favor,” Isis whispered, feeling the life of her babe’s slipping away slowly. It mattered not, thinking or saying, her words would be projected to the Irish goddess either way. When the Morrigan did not answer, Isis continued. “Take her. Watch over my daughter. Give her a good home.”

She would not be the goddess she was meant to be--

“Until after her human death, I understand. Give her soul to a babe, send her to a time where she will be protected, where she would not be hunted for who she is.” Isis closed her eyes as the babe she held died, her soul leaving her tiny body with the Morrigan, already mourning over a child she will never see again. She knew the Morrigan would do as she said.

Isis closed her eyes and gathered up her powers.

“Let us end this pathetic game you and my brother tried to play,” Set spat out. Isis turned to him and saw the others joining him. Her fellow goddesses and gods, the ones who joined together to decimate all she loved. They betrayed her for the first time. And it will be last decision those scared, pitiful shits will ever make.

Isis looked at all of them. This was the end for her, for them all. She smiled, cruelly, “Yes Set, Let’s.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, just the epilogue. Osiris, Isis and Set are, obviously, Egyptian gods and goddess, you can look them up if you're interested. The Morrigan is an Irish goddess, if my research was correct, if not I'm sorry.

This epilogue definitely goes waaaay back and it won't have anything much to do with the rest of the story except possibly in the ending.

I'm also asking for you all to give this story a chance, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you to those who have read this and subscribed.