Lost Souls

Part Two

I hate the city.

New York City, where it’s always busy and loud; where life seems grey, the sky blocked with those never ending buildings.

Don’t get me wrong, New York is amazing but, born and bred in California makes me miss at least the sun; I’m a country side kind of person, where there’s trees everywhere and fresh air.

So with all my preferences you would have to question, why is it that I’m here still, in this big apartment, in New York.

That’s because the Government has just been aware of vampires, witches, werewolves and other things that go bump in the night. A law had recently been out, on these supernaturals being citizens. Big controversy, if you can imagine; people piss me off like that you know, not accepting change.

Anyways, New York City is prime place for my FBI ass to protect both humans and supernaturals alike. Not just that, but if I search enough, I might get something on Set, my good ole uncle.

I know.

It’s been years—20 years to be exact—since my ‘death’ and then later on ‘rebirth’, so why is it that all I have accomplished is joining an exclusive squad of agents?

Because since I came back, I’ve never gotten anything from The Morrigan. No hints on to what I should do, where I should go, how to look for Set. It was like, now that I came into my God powers she just left. It's frustrating really. I mean, she basically set me loose onto the world blind. Like I'm supposed to build character or some shit like that.

Okay, I'm over reacting a little. I understand the whole 'not my patheon, not my business' ordeal. In fact, since that point of actually meeting the Morrigan--a period I like to call 'wiping off the bullshit from my windscreen'--I understood a lot of things.

Now my ‘powers’ is another story; another thing to add on the 'What Pisses Me Off' list.

I didn’t get super strong. No, all I got was an extreme enhancement on my telekinesis, telepathy and mind attacks, oh and I got extreme speed, my sense heightened and empathy. Whoop de fricking do.

I had to learn to fight and gather strength. But I guess when I did train for all those years I did get somewhat stronger than a human. But even then that is measly to the strength some of my teammates have. I’m learning though.

"I'm not Jesus, Jesus wasn't there!

Corey Taylor's voice filled the training room. I liked to get in the mood when practising. It made me train harder. I loved it.

Suddenly, I felt someone's fingers on my waist and swiftly, I turned and punched the guy on the jaw.

"Mother fucker!" he yelled--the music overpowered his voice but when I looked at him, I got the jist--and I grinned.

I turned off music and smiled at the dumbass that touched me without permission. His name was Raphael. His hair was light blonde and his green eyes that usually glinted with mischief and displayed his cocky attitude was now shining with annoyance. Damn fricking straight.

He was a heart-breaker, one of my teammates and no one would guess that this fella was a vampire.

Ah did I mention that the team was filled with supernatural mofos? Nope? Oh well...

"I swear, the man has known you for five years and he still doesn't listen." I looked up to see another of our team. Crystal had this musical voice that complimented her willow-like figure, long flowing red hair and soft features. She was extremely gorgeous, which always made me feel bad about my crappy assed looks, and she was pure werewolf.

You're probably wondering how I could stand a werewolf, since it was a werewolf that killed my parents but, I’m not stupid enough—granted I am stupid, I can admit that—to judge someone based on something she never did. And Crystal is an amazing person and, like everyone else on our team, my good friend.

“He’s man personified,” I said as Crystal walked up to me.

“A complete idiot no matter how much we train them not to?” she asked. I grinned widely.

“Exactly.”

I heard Raphael suck his teeth. “You two are so heartless. I just got punched! But no, no one goes to comfort poor Raphael.” I rolled my eyes at his usage of third person.

“That’s because you don’t need to be cuddled and comforted,” I said.

Crystal added in, “Besides, we’re not one of your skany skank hoes.”

Ah, lovely choice of words.

“So what’s up?” I asked, grabbing my bottle of water and chugging down a good amount of water.

“Mission.” The two spoke simultaneously.

I wiped my mouth and slowly smiled.

“Let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Loving it?

When I read it over, I had the faint impression that I was ranting, but I think it the chapter came out okay.

so YOU! yes YOU!!!! tell meh wah yuh tink :)