Lost Souls

Part One

The alarm clock blared, beeping constantly. I shouted in surprise and jumped up from my bed. Glaring at the half assed clock, I sighed and got out of bed. It was another day in , another day of getting my ass to school.

I made my way to the bathroom and looked at myself in the square cut mirror, rimmed with metal shaped into beautiful, intricate swirls. The same old person looked back at me. Unruly, dark curls that hung mid back, plain Jane eyes, that were a dark brown, almost black, skin that was tanned from the times spent outside and a mouth that was set in a frown. I wasn’t the tallest person out there, standing at 5”5 but for some reason I always got complimented on my ‘great legs’.

That was something that irked me. What the hell made great legs? Why were legs appealing anyways? Sick fucks.

“Rayna Barnes! Hurry and get dressed!” I heard my mom’s familiar voice yell out.

I stepped into the kitchen, wearing my worn blue jeans, flip flops, purple tank top and my grey hoodie that was halfway zipped, and kissed my mom’s cheek, inhaling her distinctive scent of jasmine and honey. Mom was the amazing parent to give pass down this crappy hair, however she had the most clear, blue eyes where as I had brown. Damn my luck. “Mornin’ ma,” I said and grabbed a pancake and stuffed it into my mouth. Oh well, I never said I had manners.

“Ugh, morning darling,” Mom said, twisting her face into a look of disgust as she looked at me eating. If you could call it that anyways. “Uh, honey, why don’t you sit down and chew?”

I swallowed and smiled at her. “In the mornings? Ha, then I’d send you into heart failure. Dad left?” I grabbed another pancake. Breakfast was the most important meal right?

“Yeah, he had to get to work,” she said and looked at me, “Really Rayna, you just might choke!”

I glanced at the time and looked at her. “Mom, I really have to go! I’ll be late!” Then before she could say anything, I took my keys and book bag; it was time to go to school.

I pulled up to the high school and made a face. I’d love to say that school is my favourite place to be, that it fulfills me and I don’t feel alone or whatever kind of crap but I don’t. I’m a seventeen year girl who grew up here in California and has managed to alienate herself from anyone who tried to be her friend. I’m one of those freaky loner teens. So yeah, I pretty much hate school. I’m smart but I’d rather sleep.

I entered the hall, that was constantly filled with noise, even during classes. I could smell the overly priced, especially high, and not so nice perfumes and colognes intertwining from those students passing by who felt as if high school was a chance to impress and smell like…eau de funk. Then saw them.

The three hottest (well the entire school population thinks so anyways) and most known girls going to this shit in the mud high school. Yeah, I know the cliché, hot girls so they have to be bitches right? Well damned if I wish, then I could actually hate their totally…normalcy, but they’re all insanely kind and all in all, really nice people.

Tracy, Hannah and Elizabeth walked past me and I knew one of them tried to make eye contact with me but I just continued to walk to my locker, looking at my red painted toe nails.

Truth is, see that group, with their amazing hair that never seems out of place and the fact that they could wear a potato sack and still look good, I was their friend. Well was till I distanced myself when I turned fourteen. There was no big rivalry or drama among us; I just stepped back from that crowd. Over the years, they all made attempts to talk to me, but since fourteen, I was no longer that normal Rayna.

I became a freak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm also to note, I've never read the Vampire Diaries books, I've just recently come across this series so what I put on the characters ar ebasically what I gathered from the series... umm and this is a few years before Damon goes to Mystic Falls

Comments are da shit XD

Subscribers are loved