Lost Souls

Six.

“You call him Christophe?” Damon asked.

“Didn’t you just hear me say it? Of course I call him Christophe.” I watched as Stefan came next to me. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer. “Oh hello Stefan, came to save your brother?”

I felt him shrug. “No, I was more concerned for you. And, I admit, I was a little curious to know what you were going to do exactly.” I sighed.

“Nothing major as you can see, unfortunately. I wished I could’ve cut off his limbs, throw salt into the wounds, watched as it regenerated and then do it all over.” Now that was a plan.

“Yes, well, you’ve done enough don’t you think? Maybe it’s time to go. Let’s say goodbye to Louis and then you can sleep. Or watch a movie. Or even train; I heard Raphael wasn’t in town so no one would bug you too much.” Stefan drove a really good bargain. ‘Cause damned if all those things sounded good.

I breathed out dreamily and then hip bumped Stefan. “Fine, only ‘cause Raphael is gone so I could do all three without cussing or hitting him.” I moved away from Stefan and headed to Christophe.

I didn’t forget Damon’s presence; I don’t think I could ever. But I pretended to anyway. I didn't want to deal with him, because when I look at him, I just want to kiss him and hurt him at the same time.

"Wait!" This was from Damon. Stefan and I turned to him. I was shocked to see anger as fierce as mine mixed with hurt--that pierced my heart--in his eyes. "Why did you turn into a vampire Rayna? You could've been happy as a human. I don't understand."

"No, I didn't think you did." I was weary all of a sudden. "But then it's not like you could, even if you tried."

I walked away from Damon and hugged Christophe. "Gonna go cherie?" he asked into my hair. I nodded.

"Mhmm. Thanks for stopping me. If my anger had snapped, I would've regreted everything," I murmured. Not like it mattered anyway, all the vampires in this room could hear me.

I didn't rest. Nor did I train. Someone told Crystal who barged in my place, determined to have me 'let loose'.

Her plan: take me to a club.

Eternity was run by Ransom, an ancient vampire with even less of a life than Christophe. Ransom's club was welcome to vampires. werewolves and creatures alike--save for humans since the paranormal community drunk, don't take well to humans.

It didn't help that despite being stronger, faster and overall higher in the food chain, paranormals had to basically bow down to up tight asshole humans in the Government, all of whom--despite issuing the whole awareness of things that go bump in the night and equality of every species--discriminated against paranormals.

The bouncer, Richard, was a fae. Don't laugh, he was no Tinkerbell. He stood at 6 feet holy shit. He was huge with broad shoulders, thick arms and legs that were pure muscle. His hair was short and spiky, a deep red that was all natural unlike the bitch who was with Damon. His ears were pointed and his eyebrows were shaped like everyone else's until the ends which were pointed up. He had this intricate tattoo of gold that started just below his eyes and stretched to his temples, going up to his forehead, where it joined.

Everything about him screamed badass and it was probably wise to never get on his bad side. Thank God, we’re friends.

When Crystal and I approached, Richard smiled at us and said, “Hey, girls, planning on having fun?” His voice could’ve been magic itself. It was musical and luring.

Crystal grinned. “You know it.”

And without hesitation he let us pass.

The club blared with music; there were three levels to the club. Each floor had a bar at the centre and rooms at the walls for…um... private affairs. Each level was set to a different theme. The top floor was themed after Heaven; white and gold everywhere, with satin and silk for added decoration. You got drinks with names like ambrosia or something with angel in it.

And if the top was Heaven, I’m sure you could guess the other two levels’ themes. The middle: Purgatory and the ground floor: Hell.

Of course, it was easy to tell which floor we stuck to. We were all going to Hell in the end anyways.