Lost Souls

Seven.

Red lights flashed on and off as I danced. Hell played more rock, which suited me just fine. Sweaty bodies surrounded me. I tried to dance with relish and abandon but something was preventing me from it.

I did a quick search on the persons encircling me and was glad to know that they didn’t have any intent on killing me. But while I was glad, I was also more wary. What had me such on an end?

“Hello Rayna.”

I whipped around.

I wasn’t dancing anymore.

Ticked off was more like it.

Eyes narrowed to meet mischievous ones. “What are you doing here Damon?”

“Dance, lovely?” he asked, holding his hand out. Funny how as soon as he came close to me, everyone kept a distance.

“Not with you.”

Crystal was quick to find and I moved away from Damon.

He grabbed my arm and I tensed. Wished I really was a vampire at this point in time. Super speed would come in handy right now. It took a lot in me to not make Damon bleed. Eternity had a strict no violence policy. In fact, true to its word, there were even buffer guards at every corner of the levels, ready to throw someone out if needed.

“What do you want?” I gritted out. Where was a stress ball when I needed it? Maybe I could take my stress out on some other…balls.

“One dance. Nothing else, nothing more. Well unless you want it to,” he said with a smirk. I glared at him fiercely. “God, I don’t ever remember you being you so uptight.”

“Yeah well last time I remembered you, you were in pain. Where oh where did the good times go?” I asked sarcastically.

I took a glance to where Crystal was. Occupied with a hunky hunk wolf. I could send her a quick mind message but mess up her game? I couldn’t. Not when she probably needed a good lay.

I mentally sighed—I never thought that was possible mentally but I guess when faced with Damon I guess I could. There was no way to escape him without killing him with either the gun hidden in my boot or my assassin’s knife on my wrist , concealed by my long sleeved dress.

I know, I overkill with the weapons for just going to the club but you could never tell.

Just as I was about to accept his offer to a dance, I heard something. It was like a small breeze, a whizz in the air. It was a sound I was accustomed in hearing when fighting.

I pushed Damon down, behind me and I turned and ducked in one swift motion, pulling out my gun. I had moved in time. The knife had barely grazed my cheek but cut off a piece of my hair as it flew by.

Someone screamed behind me and I silently cursed as an innocent fell, the knife that was targeted at me, impaled his shoulder.

Crystal!

It was brief but she was not stupid and rushed up quickly to the injured fae. As she was tending to the fae, I searched out for the attacker. I caught a glimpse of a black cloth as someone went out the emergency exit. Fuck. The red lights cut off and the club became brightly lit. The music screeched to a halt.

Crystal murmured something to the fae while pulling out the knife from his shoulder. Richard stepped up from the club and kneeled to Crystal and the fae. He placed his hands over the injury; his mouth forming words that of an ancient language. A glowing light emanated from his palms and I knew the injury was already healed.

Richard was born with healing powers, as much as that was obvious.

Crystal glanced at me as I was rising on my feet. Her eyes were worried. I’m okay. The attacker was going for me. I could’ve felt his hate; his intent as soon as I picked up on the knife. I need you to call the boss though. I have to check out that knife.

In a blink of an eye, everyone in the club cleared out. There wasn’t much we could’ve done. The injury was healed and the blade…we couldn’t touch it. Literally. It was charmed and Crystal had burned her hand trying to get it. Thankfully, our boss came in.