All Is Fair

Closet

Day Four

"Nicole will you grab my coat for me?" Heaven called from upstairs.

I rolled my eyes but got off the couch and headed for the closet. Heaven, William and I were all suppose to go to the store to get more eggs. Heaven had other plans I'm afraid. The second I stepped foot in the closet the door was shut, shoving me into darkness.

"Fuck" I mumbled and reached for the door handle but I had been locked inside.

Heaven's POV

"Heaven let me out!" Nicole yelled banging on the closet door.

"Sorry I can't hear you" I smirked and picked up Ranger's keys from where they had fallen on the floor. "Take Ranger and spend the day with William? Alright, thanks"

"Don't you touch him!" Nicole yelled, beating the door even more now.

Tarra was going to be mad when she busted it. Funny how Nicole cared more about keeping me from taking Ranger than the fact that I had locked her in the closet and was going to have William to myself. But if she wasn't such a crack pot then she just wouldn't be Nicole.

"Ready to go?" I smiled at William as he came down the stairs.

"Where is Nicole?"

"She decided she didn't want to come"

"Oh" William answered looking confused "are we walking then?"

"Nope," I smiled "I have Ranger's keys"

"She is letting us take Ranger" he looked even more confused now.

"Yeah"

"Are you sure-"

"Just go" I smiled pushing him out the front door.

"So are we going to the Flying J?" William asked starting Ranger. He was referring to the grocery store that was located down the street a little ways.

"I was thinking more along the lines of Florida"

"What?"

"Sea World"

William raised his eyebrows at me "You want to take Nicole's truck all the way to Florida? Wont she kill us?"

Heaven shrugged "She'll kill me, not you. But that is a risk I am willing to take."

"She wont kill me?" he asked smirking.

"Nope"

"And why is that?"

"Because you have a pretty voice and sexy hips"

William glanced over at me a smirk on his lips "do I now?""

I smirked back and nodded.

We weren't on the road long before Ranger started fighting with us. We had just made it out of Illinois when he shut himself off for no reason.

William sighed and opened the hood, looking inside.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"No idea" William sighed again "I don't know anything about cars."

"Then why did you look under the hood?"

He shrugged "Seemed like something I was suppose to do"

I pulled out my cell phone and started scrolling through the contacts.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling Nicole, she is the only one who can ever get Ranger to work when he is being like this"

"But she is going to be mad we took him. Why would she help us?"

"Because she wont want him left on the side of the road like this" I smirked as the phone began to ring.

"Heaven I am going to kill you!" Nicole screamed without so much as a hello.

"It's rude not to say hello" i pointed out smiling.

"It's rude to fucking steal Ranger!" she screamed back.

I moved the phone from my ear a little "Well he hut himself off on the side of the road. How do i get him to start again"

"Why the fuck should I help you?"

"Because I'll leave him here and find a different ride home"

"Bitch"

I smiled "You'll love me again in a few days. Now tell me how to fix him"

"Did you say hi to him before you started driving to where ever the hell you are?" she sighed.

"Nope"

"Try apologizing"

"Seriously?"

"Seriously"

I rolled my eyes and set my hand on Ranger's hood "I'm Sorry I didn't say hello to you this morning Ranger"

"Tell William to try to start him"

I passed on the message and William gave me a funny look.

"All you did was tell it you were sorry"

I shrugged "Just do it"

William got back behind the wheel. The truck didn't start, but at least it tried this time.

"No go. It tried but didn't"

"Tell William to apologize"

"She says for you to apologize"

"i am not telling a truck I'm sorry" William answered.

"He says no"

"Then you start Ranger and leave his ass there, just don't get a ticket"

"Out of the truck pretty boy" I told William and took his place behind the wheel. Without any effort Ranger roared to life. I smiled and motioned for William to get in the passenger side but the second his hand came in contact with the passenger door, the truck died again.

"Truck die when he tried to get in?" Nicole laughed from the cell phone.

"Shut up" I growled before hanging up on her. "Just say you're sorry" I begged William.

"I'm sorry Ranger" William sighed petting the hood of the truck.

I didn't touch the ignition before Ranger roared to life once more.

"You have go to be kidding me" William chuckled as he took the driver's seat and I crawled over to the passenger's.

"Lets not go to Sea World anymore" I smiled.

William looked confused "Then where would you like to go"

I point to a sign for the world's biggest ball of yarn "There"

"Seriously?"

I smiled "Seriously.

William smiled back at me "Alright then"

He pulled the truck back onto the road and took the turn for the yarn ball. I smiled to myself from the passenger seat, this was going to be awesome.

------------------------------------

"I can't believe you picked this place over Sea World" William smiled as we walked a circle around the ball for the 20th time. Really there wasn't much more to do than that.

I shrugged "It was trip that was the adventure not the destination"

"Breaking down and having to beg Nicole for help?" William asked.

I smiled "Yes"

"Watch it"

"You watch it" I growled at the man who had shoved her.

It was a freaken giant ball of yarn, what the hell was the rush?

"Excuse me?" the man asked turning around.

"I told you to watch it"

"Do you want to get your ass kicked?"

"Hey" William growled stepping in "you don't talk that way to woman"

"Back off pretty boy"

"You-"

William was cut off when my fist connected with the man's face, knocking him to his ass.

"We had better go" I said quickly grabbing William's hand and pulling away.

----------------------------------------

When we got back to the house Nicole as not happy with us, well me. But I had known that was going to happen long before I shoved her in the closet. William and I came in the door smiling and laughing, each of holding tiny replicas of the giant ball of yarn and stupid hats.

Nicole was standing in the hallway tapping her foot and giving me the evil eye. That had not been scary for years and she knew it, but it never stopped her from trying.

"You-"

"Yes" I smiled "I know, i took Ranger without asking and locked you in a closet. I'm sorry"

"No you're not" she growled.

I shrugged "No I'm not"

"I hate you"

"William" I smiled.

"Yeah?"

He had been hiding behind me from the moment he had gotten a glance of Nicole's evil eye. I'll admit at first it could cripple your soul but after a few years and you got use to it, it was just cute.

"Kiss Nicole's forehead"

Nicole and William both gave me a funny look.

"Just do it"

William carefully got closer to Nicole who was still glaring at him. He handed her the keys and kissed her forehead "I'm sorry"

Her glare instantly turned into a smile "You can borrow him anytime"

"I had fun" William smiled at me as Nicole wandered off.

"Me too"

William leaned down and kissed my forehead as well "We should hang out more often" he added before walking upstairs and vanishing into the guest room.

Awesome day