All Is Fair

Island of Misfit Toys

The next day Heaven's ankle was magically feeling well enough for her to follow me around the house asking me how the movie was from the love seat. A few times I considered twisting her ankle for real but I knew that would not make William happy.

"I am going to kick your ass." I growled, holding up a spatula I had been using to flip eggs in an attempt to look more threatening. Of course it didn't work and Heaven just laughed at me.

I glared at her and let out an angry huff before turning to take my eggs out of the frying pan and onto a plate.

I didn't have time to yell at Heaven for stealing one of the eggs before William walked into the kitchen, silencing me.

"That smells amazing" he smiled walking into the room.

I smiled back at William "would you like some?"

"If you don't mind." he answered, giving me one of his too adoriable to refuse look.

I turned and threw the rest of the eggs on another plate along with some hashbrowns and a few pancakes, before setting it in front of William.

"So what are we doing today?" Tarra asked as she and Sisky walked in the kicthen, Sisky looking around for some more of the food William and Heaven were eating.

I rolled my eyes before starting to cook some more eggs for him and Tarra "I thought we might go somewhere."

"Staying in didn't work so well yesterday." Sisky added with a goofy smile.

"It would have been fine if people weren't rude." I answered with a small glare towards Heaven.

"How is your ankle?" William asked Heaven.

I rolled my eyes and went back to cooking.

"It is still a little sore." Heaven lied with a smile. "But I think that ice last night really helped."

I rolled my eyes again tensed up as I felt someone behind me. I tilted my head back to see William smirking at me.

"Yes?"

"Thank-you for breakfast." he smiled and kissed my forehead.

I stared after him confused as he left the room. I looked at Sisky, Tarra and Heaven who looked as confused as I did. Kissing my forehead to stop me from being mad about Ranger was one thing, but for making breakfast was another.

At the evil look in Heaven's eyes I quickly dodged out of the room. I quickly grabbed Ranger's keys and stopped when I saw someone once again in my personal bubble.

"What the Jesus?" I asked, stepping back quickly.

"Where are you off to?" William smiled.

Nicole frowned "Are you in heat or something?"

William blinked at her "What?"

"You were pissed at me last night and now you keep invading my bubble. What's your deal?"

William smiled and tilted his head "I thought you liked me?"

"I do." she answered slowly "But you are acting strange."

William shrugged. "Maybe I'm just in a strange mood."

I eyed him for a moment. "You all ate my food, so I am going to go get breakfast."

"Can I come?"

I pursed my lips for a second. "I suppose."

"Wait for me!" a voice called from the kitchen. I wasn't sure who the voice belong to, but I was not waiting.

I grabbed Williams's hand and dragged him out of the apartment and slammed the door shit behind us. We both ran to Ranger, before turning him on and pulling out onto the street,

"Why did-" I cut off as William's cell phone began to ring.

William smiled apologetically as he pulled out his phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

He paused.

"Oh hi Mike, what's up?" William grinned into the phone,

I easily recognized the name as one of the guitarist for The Academy Is....

"Not much, just heading to breakfast. Tommy's? Sure man, be there is about fifteen minutes."

William hung up the phone, placing it back in his pocket before smiling at me.

"What was that all about?"

"You know where Tommy's is?"

"The diner?" Nicole asked after thinking for a moment "Yeah."

"Well take us there."

"Why?"

"Mike and his girlfriend are meeting us for breakfast."

"You already ate."

"And?"

"I should just stop arguing and drive right?" I smiled.

William tugged on my braid playfully "Yeah."

I rolled my eyes and turned Ranger around, heading towards Tommy's.

--------------------

"Hi." I smiled, shaking hands with the girl in front of me. "I'm Nicole."

"Jessica." she answered.

The girl had a similar body type to William's. She was not nearly as tall as William but had the same thin streached out frame; all skin and bones, with just enough meat to keep them from looking like skeletons. Her hair was dyed a light red and her green eyes seemed to light up every time she glanced at Mike for even a second.

"And this is Mike." William smiled, introducing me to his band mate.

"It's nice to meet you." Mike smiled.

"Food?" I asked gesturing to the empty booth near us.

"Food." they all agreed as we say down.

"So how long have you known Mike?" I asked, picking up my menu. I felt like I was starving to death.

"Jessica actually went to high school with William and me?" Mike smiled, his arm around her shoulders. "We've only been dating for a few months though. One of those, Ehat do you mean you've liked me since we were kids? I've like you since we were kids too."

Jessica glanced at her boyfriend and smiled, before looking back at the menu.

"Stop being a shy face." I pouted at her.

Jessica just smiled lightly at me.

"You know," I added "I have two friends who would really bring you out of your shell."

"Oh dear God." William chuckled "Are you sure you want to unleash that can of worms on the poor girl?"

"He is making them sound worse than they really are." I answered quickly at the scared look on her face.

"Heaven knocked you down stairs."

I rolled the thought over in my mind for a moment. "Heaven is a psycho," I ammended "Tarras isn't as bad as William makes them sound."

"Little bit better." William smiled.

"Nice." Jessica laughed, causing me to smile.

"Wanna meet them?"

"Now?" she asked surprised.

"No silly! After breakfast, I'm so starving I could eat a man."

William and Mike exchanged looks that caused me to roll my eyes. Men could be so immature sometimes.

----------------

"You!"

"Dear Jesus!" I let out a squeak as I fell to the ground, having been tackled by Heaven.

"You just ran off!"

"I brought fresh meat!" I whimpered gesturing towards Jessica the best I could.

"Fresh what?" Jessica asked, stepping closer to her boyfriend.

Heaven was instantly back on her feet. She walked toward Jessica who seemed a little nervous.

Heaven smiled and pulled her into s hug "Welcome to the island of misfit toys!" she half yelled happily, skipping off into the living room.

"That's the worse of two evils." I whispered to Zjessica as we headed towards the kitchen.

"What did you call me?" Heaven asked, giving me the evil eye.

"I goddess amount us and master in the sack?" I asked, more than answered.

"That's what I thought you said."

------------------

"Feel like telling me why you were being a creeper this morning?" I asked, sitting next to William on the couch.

"When?" he asked as Heaven ran past, chasing Sisky who had been stupid enough to steal her snicker doodles.

"This morning when you were being all touchy and wierd. "

"I thought you liked me." he smirked.

"I do." I smiled.

"Then why did it bother you?"

"Because you just did it out of the blue, no warning."

"What are you darlings talking about?" Tarra asked, sitting down next to me.

"William's sexy hips and how they don't lie." I answered, instantly.

Jessica burst out laughing from the couch across from us. I grinned st her and looked over at Tarra. "Tinkerbell?"

"Yes Witty?" she asked, smiling at the nicknames.

"Can we keep Jessica? I like her!"

Tarra smiled over at Jessica "Did you ask her boyfriend if it's okay?"

"No." I pouted.

"Did you ask her if she wants to be a part of this mad house?"

"No."

Tarra grinned "Welcome to the family Jessica."

Jessica laughed "Glad to be a part of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is next to be finished =]