The Devil's Temptation

chapter une

His eyes.

The color was so green, they were piercing, holding so many things deep inside them. The edges of his irises were dark, almost black.

His hair.

The dark brown strands falling from his perfectly combed hair looked as if they were placed. His hair was combed back, letting his face show.

His lips.

They looked so tempting to touch, to feel, to kiss. His smile showcased teeth, so white, glistening in the light.

The teacher called on Avery, hoping to outwit him seeing as he wasn’t paying attention. But Avery was perfect, always perfect, everyone knew that.

“Mr. Luxere, Please tell us how to say ‘six in the evening’ again?” Monsieur Aldon had a cocky expression, soon to be ruined by Avery’s answer.

“Six heures du soir.” He said in a perfect French accent, it sounded almost natural. The smirk that he flashed the teacher was almost sexier than the words themselves. Every girl in the class stared at him in admiration and lust. I wasn’t one to like a guy just for his looks but even I couldn’t help myself. He was almost godly, too attractive for this world.

Monsieur Aldon frowned and replied, “Correct,” before going back to the board. The class droned on and I kept my eyes diverted from the beautiful boy two desks away from me.

I had just gotten accepted into The Douglas School, a school for gifted students in performing arts. Even though we were halfway through the year, the headmaster said he just had to have me in his school. I flew across the country to the boarding school in a heartbeat, happy to leave the small town in Connecticut I lived in.

Only being here for a week, I really didn’t know anyone. At lunch, I went back to my room instead of sitting in the cafeteria and after school, I went back to my room and whipped open my laptop, talking to all my friends back home, well at least the few I had. They said they missed me dearly but I wasn’t entirely sure of that.

The class was almost over when the teacher had an announcement to make. Most of the class was staring at either the clock or Avery, at least the girls were. He passed out papers to the students in the front rows who passed them back. I stared at the top line that stated, ’French History Project’.

“Okay, so we haven’t covered French history yet this year. But I want you to have a start on it before we begin,” he smiled. Half the class groaned, the half that wasn’t staring at the gorgeous Avery. “I’m going to assign each of you a important figure in French history. This is a group project so you may pair up. Only groups of two please. Pick your partners now so I can assign topics,” he smiled. He went back to his desk and by the time he sat down at least twelve girls surrounded Avery.

“Avery, Want to work together?”

“Partners, Avery?”

“We should so work together Avery.”

Smiles were wide as can be, eyelashes fluttered, and chests were pushed out to the maximum. Smoothly, he got out of his seat and walked right past the girls. Frowns, gasps, and angry expressions adorned their faces. He strolled over, walking straight toward me. Leaning down, he placed his elbow on my desk, peering down at me. The smile he flashed me almost made my heart stop, almost. I took a deep breath, trying to disguise how I really felt, and hoped it didn’t show on my face.

“Alanna, be my partner?” He meant it as a question but it almost sounded like a command. Coming from a person I didn’t know at all, some people might be offended. But his voice, like smooth velvet, drew me in. And I couldn’t say no.

“Sure.” It sounded a bit meek, something that really didn’t describe me well. Back home I wasn’t the most popular girl but I surely wasn’t an outcast. I was a cheerleader and a straight ‘a’ student so you could say I was well off back at home. But here, I was the complete opposite. You might be able to categorize me as an outcast here. So why did Avery choose me of all people. Maybe I was just a novelty, a new girl he wanted to get to know. I could imagine it could get boring with girls drooling all over you all day, although that’d be the life for most guys.

He flashed another smile and sat down in the desk behind me. The other girls around me stood in complete shock, looking as why he picked me of all people. Was it really that unbelievable? I mean, I wasn’t ugly, I knew that. I was pretty I guess, with long brown hair and gray eyes and a slim figure. Honestly, I was pretty average in my eyes but I knew I wasn’t ugly.

“So how’s Douglas treating you?” His smile almost stopped me from answering but I tore my stare away from him.

“It’s okay I guess. I haven’t been here long.” I was being honest, although I made it sound like I liked it more that I actually did just a bit.

Monsieur Aldon passed each pair a paper with the name of the person they were researching. He handed us our paper and Avery said, “Claude Monet”. I swear he could teach a calculus lesson and it would still sound sexy. His lips showed a slight smirk but he always looked confident and a bit cocky so maybe it was just natural.

The bell rang and most students got up, scowling at me as they passed. “How about we start the project after school? My room?”

I nodded dazed by his charm. Suddenly my head fell back to Earth and I realized I didn’t know where that was.

“What’s your room?”

“Three twenty-four,” he said smoothly. “Fourth floor. I’ll see you there.”

With a quick wink and a smile, he walked out of the room. I closed my mouth before I caught any flies and rushed out, not wanting to be late for my next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a brand new story that I'm really excited for.
I'm planning on this beind dark, sexy, and mysterious.
Feedback is always welcomed so I can improve.
Check out my other story too, Street Child.
Enjoy. xoxo