The Devil's Temptation

Chapter deux

The day went by slowly, very uneventful. My heart fluttered every time I passed Avery in the hallway, we caught each other’s eye each time. That slight eye contact meant everything to me.

It seemed my last class wouldn’t end, the worst class of all. Pre-Calculus was not fun or easy whatsoever and the teacher made it even worse. He had a thick accent that I couldn’t tell what it was, but it made understanding him very difficult. I learned more from reading the text book than listening to him.

The bell rang and I flew out of my seat, one of the first people out the door. I didn’t want to seem eager, although I really was, and slowed down to a calm pace. It still flawed me that Avery, the boy that every girl wanted, wanted me. Maybe the Douglas School would be the start of something new for me.

I walked outside, heading toward the housing buildings. There were two buildings, one for the girls and one for the boys. Both looked exactly the same, inside and out, with the exception of the students who lived there. I heard that ten years ago the housing buildings were co-ed, but the students got into too much trouble. Hormones and teenagers do not mix well.

When arriving at the girls building, I headed up the stairs to my room on the second floor. My roommate was a girl named Carol, but I rarely ever saw her. She was in the boys building most of the time with her boyfriend. What she did, I did not want to know.

I threw my bag on my bed, taking out the things I didn’t need. Making sure I had everything for the French project, I walked into the bathroom, making sure I looked good. Normally, I wouldn’t care as much as I did now but under these circumstances, making sure I looked good was almost as important as the French project. Almost.

Staring at the mirror made me notice my every flaw. The barely noticeable pimple sitting close to my hairline. The way my cheeks always flushed, making my face look red often. I tore my eyes away from the mirror before I went any further and left the room with my bag in hand.

The boys building was just across the courtyard, an easy walking distance. Inside, boys and girls were hanging around the lounge room. A few were staring at a TV, a few chatting away, and a few making out against the walls. I walked past everyone and went up the stairs. The staircase seemed miles long, taking forever to get to the fourth floor. I tried to compose myself, wanting to look calm and collected.

Three twenty-four was close to the end of the hall, of course, and I knocked on the door lightly. His door didn’t have any signs, pictures, or dry-erase boards like many of the others did. The hallway was quiet, not a sound to be heard. I gripped onto my bag harder, and started to worry. What if he stood me up? What if I had the wrong room?

The door opened and Avery smiled that mesmerizing smile of his. I gave a slight smile back, walking past him as he let me in. His room only had one bed, opposed to the two I though every room had. Where the second bed should have been, there was a large desk with a pricey computer atop it. His room looked very contemporary and elegant, making me want to redecorate my room in embarrassment.

I sat on his bed and he joined me, our knees slightly touching. The only reason I noticed this was because this was Avery Luxere, the boy who made every girl wet their panties.

“I actually did a project on Claude Monet a while back ago, so I have a lot of information on him,” he explained to me. This made me happy yet sad. Happy that it was less work for me, yet saddened me that that meant we would spend less time together.

He handed me a report of his and I read it over, amazed with his work. His vocabulary and use of words was amazing, he had to get an A+ on it.

“We can just pick out information we need from there and anything else we can find ourselves.” He ran a hand through his beautiful hair, not even messing it up. I wondered why he wasn’t a Calvin Klein underwear model yet. He looked up at me, his green eyes shining bright, with a smile. My heart seemed to stop yet again and I swore I would start sweating any minute now.

“How about we just forget the project today and hang out,” he said, placing his hand on my knee.

I just nodded, not being able to do anything more. I couldn’t resist his touch, and I’m not sure if I wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for this chapter. I didn't have my laptop for about a week.
I really like this story and have high hopes for it.
Please also check out 'Street Child' another story of mine.
xoxo