The Devil's Temptation

chapter trois

Avery grinned at me before getting up and walking over to the window near his bed. He opened it up, the room's dark red curtains blowing in the cool breeze. Out of his pocket, he grabbed a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I was surprised yet curious. Surely, A+ mr. perfect couldn't be an avid smoker. But yet again, it went will with his 'bad boy' image. He held out the pack to me and asked, "Want one?"

Alanna Simmons isn't a smoker. But one lousy little cigarette couldn't hurt. I had smoked once, and it wasn't a fun experience. I was a innocent little freshman, hanging out with a group of Juniors. I had just made it onto the cheerleading squad and was deemed 'cool'. Peer presure got to me to take the cigarette and I coughed and coughed and coughed. I didn't see how you could smoke multiple of these a day. But yet I knew why. Just holding it between my fingers gave me this feeling. It made me feel mature and hip and I felt like I belonged.

And yet again, peer pressure got me. I didn't want him to think I was some goody two shoes. I took the smoke from his hand and he extended his lighter, lighting my cigarette. I brought it to my lips and inhaled. I could feel the smoke travel down my throat and fought back the urge to cough. I felt dirty but yet I kept a smile on my face, for him.

Avery smirked back at me, lighting his own cigarette before taking a drag. "So Miss. Alanna's a smoker? Who knew?"

I blew smoke into the air, cooly hanging my cigarette between my fingers. "Ocassionally," I replied. "When I'm in the mood."

He flasheed another smile before blowing smoke into his room. The breeze quickly made it disappear but I couldn't help but smell the smoke all around me. It was a dingy, dirty smell but I didn't care. I was sitting in his room on his bed. It was any girl's dream come true.

"So, tell me about yourself, Alanna." His name, it rolled off his tongue so perfectly, so sexy. His voice send chills down my spine and my heart started beating fast.

"Uh," A blush crept onto my face and I looked down. I didn't want to make a complete ass of myself but yet I didn't want to come of cocky or anything. I looked up and he raised his eyebrows at me and my voice caught in my through.

"Well, I, uh, used to be a cheerleader back at my old school."

"Oh really?" He sounded almost amused. Was he mocking me? Or was he impressed.

"Yeah, if I would of been of team captain next year if I still went to OHS," I shrugged. It was true. Before I left, I was co-captain of the team. I was next in line if something ever happened to the captain. And then once she graduated, I'd be in the spotlight, but that never will have the chance to happen.

Avery showed his famous grin and said, "Wow, so you must be pretty good." He took another drag of his cigarette and added, "Can you show me any moves?"

For a moment I almost stopped breathing and I barely held onto the cigarette in my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger. Sorry, I couldn't help it.
So it's been a billion years since I updated. I know, I'm sorry.
I really just got into the writing mood today and couldn't help myself.
I hope you enjoy.