Status: 110% Active Babeyyyy! ;) ^___^

Enchanted Hell

pick the longest straw; 04

Me and Ree were sitting on the floor of Robbie's guest bedroom, sipping our hot chocolates and watching The Simpsons which was convieniently playing in the small television crammed in the corner. Ree was playing with my hair absent-mindedly, a habit she had developed over the years and I was filing my nails with the file I always kept in my pocket. Ree chuckled and muttered something about my and my stupid nail file. I rolled my eyes and turned to face her.

"Hey, don't hate the nail file. You don't want to hurt it's feelings." I said, pouting. Ree bowed her head in mock seriousness and apologised, trying to keep the smirk off her face. Suddenly, she peered round the room and bent towards me. I leaned in closer, unsure of whther she was going to yell 'BOO!' in my face.

"I think we should draw straws to see who gets to have Robbie," She whispered. I wasn't sure whether she was joking or not but I played along with it anyway.

"No way, you always get the longer straw; so nope no straws! Remember that time when we drew straws for the last piece of pie and you won and you ate it all!" I said, wiping a fake tear from my eye dramatically. She pouted and then laughed as she remembered something.

"I don't think that's quite how it happened. I remember that you ran off with the pie and ate it all yourself!" I shook my head, laughing.

"Objection! I have never done such a thing!" She rolled her eyes at me and shoved me lightly. She sat up straighter.

"Anyway, he obviously likes me more because he chose me to help him with the hot chocolates. Finally I have found some one who likes me and not you!" Although she was joking, at the time I didn't realise that fact.

I stared open mouthed at her, never in her whole life has Ree been so nasty to me. In fact I think we'd barely had any arguments at all.

"Why you stupid cow!" I growled and what happened next I had no control over, it was as if my body belonged to someone else and I was just watching, an outsider. I saw my hand connect with her cheek, causing her face to fly to the side. She gasped and her hand flew up to her cheek, causing her hot chocolate to spill all over me, I winced at the heat of it.

I looked down at my hands, bemused. Did you just do that? I thought and then shook my head. No, no of course you didn't. I looked up and she was glaring at me, startled by the intensity of her gaze, I put my hot chocolate down. As it happened, I put down my mug just in time, because her hand flew out and punched me in the eye, I screamed in a little bit of pain and a lot of surprise. When she turned away, her hand still pressed to her cheek, I managed to jump on her back and tugged her hair, fiercely.

She threw me off her back and yelled in anger "I hate you Hails!",

"I hate you too Ree!" we started hitting each other. She pushed me on the floor and kicked my stomach causing me to start choking. Robbie ran in and pushed Ree away from me, grabbing my hands he pulled me and, supporting most of my weight, he took me towards the kitchen. I found a sob rise up in my chest but I forced it down. I didn't look back, I didn't want to see the expression on Ree's face.

"Thank you for helping me" I whispered, running a hand through my hair and looking down at my hot chocolate stained clothes.

"Your welcome. Anyway, why were you two fighting back there?" he questioned. I didn't want to tell him. It felt wrong but then he looked into my eyes and it felt right.

"She said that she finally found some one who looks past me and at her for once and that you would never pick me. I think she was joking but at the time I didn't notice and I got mad and slapped her... and I've never hit anyone, I was as shocked as her... especially when she hit me back." I started crying and Robbie put his arms around me.

"Hey, hey it's ok... your fine now" He whispered, wiping the tears of my cheeks. I looked up and smiled at him. Of course everything was fine if Robbie said so.

Once in the kitchen, he went over to the freezer and took out a bag of ice He walked over to me and placed it on the spot where Ree's foot connected to my stomach.
I flinched at the coldness of it but soon relaxed. After standing there for what seemed an age he put the ice pack on the counter, closed the gap between us, he put his hands on my cheeks and brought his lips on to mine and he kissed me.
My lips started moving aswell and I found my hands were in his hair. I grinned into the kiss but pulled away when I heard some one gasp. Dread filled my stomach as I realised the only person it could be. I broke the kiss and saw Ree standing in the doorway with hurt all over her face.

"Ree... i'm sorry" I choked out.

"No your not" She whispered back, before running off with tears falling down her face. I went to follow after her but Robbie held me back, telling me to leave her be.

"Great I just hurt my best friend beyond repair" I thought as I stood there letting the tears flow.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally the next chapter is Up, hope you enjoy, and leave your thoughts in comments, to tell us what you think, So read Please?

Ellie & Rosie.
-xoxox-