Deal with the Devil

Chapter 2

As I dressed for the party, I couldn’t help but think about the innocent lives I took. Even if the man deserved to die, his little girl didn’t. I put on my mother’s diamond necklace and my fathers million-dollar watch. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before heading down to the limo that was waiting for me in my circular driveway. I got in the limo and as we drove, I wanted to die. I couldn’t stop thinking of the lives I took! It’s awful. We arrived at the party, which is considered a red carpet event. There were actors and actresses and people with cameras all over the place. There was no turning back now. I was the only one arriving without an escort right away. I posed for pictures for who knows how long, it seemed like an eternity, then I saw a white limo pull up and smiled as my date walked out of the car; Taylor Lautner.

“Hello, beautiful.” Taylor whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead. His embrace was warm and I smiled under his grasp.

“Hello.” I answered. “Can we go inside? I hate photographers.”

Taylor laughed. “For someone who hates photographers, you sure do have a lot of photo shoots.”

“Yeah but I don’t want them, my grandfather sets them up. I have to! But if I see paparazzi on the street, I want to crawl in a ditch and hide. You’re used to it too.”

“Come on.” He pushed me inside and the minute I walked through the door, I wanted to go back out! There were more cameras and more people, everywhere. I turned to go back out but Taylor caught me. I couldn’t escape with him around. I hugged people I didn’t know and took pictures with whomever wanted them. I felt claustrophobic in this house. I had only walked four feet into the house and I think I already have taken a million photos. I met some people who said I have gotten big and how pretty I have gotten and it’s been so long, I just smiled and said ‘Thank you’ or ‘It has been a while’. It seemed as if all the attention was on me, and I’m not even the one people are here for.

“Let’s go get a seat.” Taylor said. When we sat down, I leaned over the table and kissed him.

“Thank you!” I knew he wanted to go sit down only because he knew I was uncomfortable.

“You’re welcome.”

A dark figure hiding in the shadows of the hall caught my attention.

Satan. I stood up from my chair and walked over to Taylor. “I need to go to the restroom. You know what to order me right?”

“Yes I do.” He smiled and I walked over to the bathroom. As I walked down the hallway, Satan appeared.

“Go into the backyard.” He said and disappeared. I sighed, but did as he asked. When I got there, he was leaning up against the large fountain.

“Ok. I’m here now what do you want?” I hissed.

“Temper, temper. I would not speak to me in that way, Carmen.”

“I’m not afraid of you. Now would you hurry up? If I’m gone for too long someone will worry, i.e. Taylor.”

“Speaking of Taylor, He is your next assignment.”

“Excuse me?”

“Actually, he is your final assignment.”

“What do you want me to do with him?”

“Kill him.”

“No!”

“Don’t worry. I’m giving you a chance to find your loop hole before it comes down to that. For now, your next assignment is the mayor.”

“What? Why?”

“It’ll be fun. I need some fun. I just want to see how serious you are.”

“Yeah well I’m not that serious so no.”

“Do it or I’ll make you kill Taylor.”

“Ugh! Fine!”

I ran back inside in tears. I went into the bathroom before I went out because my mascara began to run down my cheeks. When I rejoined Taylor, he could tell something was wrong.

“Are you ok? You look upset. Did something happen in the bathroom?”

“Kind of.”

“Did your Aunt Flow come to visit?”

“No Taylor. Way more serious than that. I have a feeling there is going to be a tragedy soon.”

“Did you hear about Brad and Mackenzie Walters? They were murdered early this afternoon. The killer was wearing a ski mask so no one knows what he looks like. Mackenzie was only four.”

“I heard. It was very upsetting. But I feel another one is going to happen soon.”

“Maybe the guy is an assassin or something.”

I bit my lip and looked away from Taylor. “I need to go to the restroom and wash my hands. Be right back.” I slipped away to the bathroom and when I went into one of the stalls, the black ski mask, the gun and a black jumpsuit was there on the toilet seat with a note that said ‘the mayor’. I sighed, slipped the jumpsuit over my dress, put the ski mask over my head, grabbed the gun and holster and slipped out the bathroom window onto the roof. I looked in the window to the ballroom and saw the mayor sitting down. I breathed in deeply and then slammed myself into the window and it shattered under the weight. People began screaming and running, but my eye was on the target and I knew the mayor’s innocent life was about to end by my own hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I need to know how this story is going. :)