Sequel: The Beat Goes On

After Tonight

Hello, Mr. Oscar

Ella’s fourth birthday passed quickly and soon it was February. After dropping Ella off at my dad’s—which was possibly the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do—Rob and I flew to Los Angeles. He had recently been in a film that was up for some Academy Awards and he was also asked to present. Me, well I was absolutely ecstatic. I’d been watching the Oscars since I was Ella’s age. And now I was going. Dream come true? Oh yes.

“This is your first time at the Oscars?” Rob clutched my waist tighter as Ryan Seacrest snagged us on our walk down the carpet. He was possibly holding onto me to keep me from going into shock—my body had been involuntarily shaking since we got inside the limo. I was so excited.
“Uh yes, yes it is. It’s quite fun. I honestly can’t believe I’m here—especially with this beautiful lady.” I rolled my eyes at his lame answer but smiled anyway.
“Well she is looking lovely tonight.” Ryan looked me up and down before giving the camera a thumbs-up. “And where, may I ask, is your other leading lady?”
“She’s back in New York with family.”
“And what does she think of all this?”
“She still hasn’t really grasped the concept of it all yet. She thinks I’m just ‘Dad’.” He laughed as he spoke. “The other day, we were walking by a magazine stand and she saw my picture on the cover. She ran to it and asked ‘Can we put this on the fridge?’, and then she just told her mom when we got home like it was no big thing.”
“Are you planning on more babies, maybe starting your own Brangelina clan?” We both laughed.
“No, not at the moment. I think one is quite good. She’s a good kid.”
“Who needs to get to bed!” I jumped in, knowing Ella’s eyes were glued to the television screen. We waved at the camera, pointing a finger and giving a stern nod for good measure. I just hear her begging Grandpa to wait until Dad presented.
“So is there a wedding in the near future?”
Rob and I looked at one another, with scrunched expressions. Anywhere he went he was asked about a wedding.
“I think so.” Rob’s answer stunned me. Of course we wanted to get married, we just hadn’t planned anything. I made a face, undoubtedly one that told Ryan I hadn’t been aware of it. “Soon.”
Ryan nodded, looking pleased that he had uncovered that gem. He asked Rob a few questions about the movie and then we were on our way.
“Well from E! News to you, goodnight Ella Pattinson! We’ll be back after a few commercials.”
“So am I invited to this wedding?”
“Maybe.” He kissed my chin as we got closer to the theatre doors. “I was thinking sometime in May. Close friends and family only. Outside—obviously—maybe a beach…” He was completely serious; I was taken aback but liked this assertiveness.
“A beach, huh? Like a beach in…Hawaii?” He really did enjoy that beach.
“Maybe.”
“Tell me when and where,” I kissed him on the lips. “And I’ll be there.”
“Good.”

Robert Pattinson, Getting Married?
For the past couple of months, it has been no secret that Robert Pattinson proposed to his long-time girlfriend, Abbey Jones. The couple, who has a four-year-old daughter together, is rumored to be tying the knot this Spring. Fans across the world have been going berserk, wondering where the wedding will take place. Some have speculated that the couple will venture back to Pattinson’s homeland to have the ceremony, but sources close to the couple say that they want to keep it small, simple, and secret.
Pattinson and Jones were spotted at a Maui airport, daughter in tow. Is it possible their cover is blown? And is it possible that Pattinson is already hitched?