‹ Prequel: Pretty Eyes
Status: Chugging Along

Pirate Smile

Three In the Morning Com'a Bang, Bang, Bang

Is There A Princess of Leon?
Jared Followill, 23, of Kings of Leon was spotted out and about around Chicago with ex-girlfriend, Holly Finn, 23. The pair was accompanied by a young girl, who witnesses say bears a striking resemblance to the sexy bass player. Does this mean there are indeed little rock royalty running around out there?
Followill and Finn are rumored to have split just as the band was finishing up their third album in 2006. Since then, Follwill has been linked to model, Alisa Torres. The pair recently broke off their engagement earlier in the summer. Is it possible that end is a new beginning with Finn? Sources say the trio looked like one happy little family as they hit favorite city hotspots like Navy Pier and the aquarium.
“[Jared] behaved just like a dad,” a bystander says. “He was holding her hand and making her laugh, even carrying her around.”
I guess we’ll get our answer if the two accompany him back to Nashville where the band is set to headline at Bonnaroo later this month. But can the Tennessee bad-boy pull off being a daddy?


“Fuck.” Jared dropped his head onto the counter. My mother loved to get the last word in. I guaranteed she scoured everywhere for this article, even if she’d gotten it off of a crappy website. She’d made it clear to Jared that she was trying to prove a point.
“Well,” I bit my lip. This was bad. “If anyone knew about this, we would have heard from them by now. Right?”
He looked up, blinking slowly.
“I don’t fucking believe this.”
“What do you want me to say, Jared?”
“Do you think they’ve seen this?”
“How am I supposed to know?”

He stared at me like it was taking him every bit of energy he had not to fly off the handle.

“She just wants to get under your skin.”
“No fucking way—are you kidding me?” Jared waved his arms, exasperated.
“I told you this was what would happen, it’s going to get worse.”

Jared looked over my shoulder toward Delilah’s bedroom door. It was well past ten but she would occasionally trudge down the hallway sleepy-eyed and ask for some water.

“I think you should tell her.”

Jared

I looked up from wiping crumbs from that evening’s dinner off the table. Holly frowned.
“Don’t you trust me enough?”
She tucked her hair behind her ear.
“I’m not sure how.”
“Can’t you just say it?”
“I want her to understand.”
“Understand what?” I raised my eyebrows. “That her mom forgot to tell the guy who knocked her up that she was pregnant?”
“You are an ass. I mean obliviously she won’t understand any of that, but I’d like her to know that you’re really it, that you’re not just some substitute. You know?”
Holly twisted the wash rag between her fingers.
“And what would I say, really? ‘Delilah, here’s your dad’? That sounds terrible.”
“Should I tell her?” As I said it, I felt the weight of that responsibility making me hunch over just a bit more.
“I don’t know.”
She chewed her lip.
“Maybe we could each talk to her alone?” That sounded alright, then I wouldn’t be anxious in front of Holly.
“I don’t know.” She doubled back. “I just don’t know how to say it.”
“Don’t you think we should have…us…figured out first?” Holly asked. She turned her doe eyes away from me, fixating on the tiling. “She’ll think her parents are together, that they’re in love—that’s how she thinks it’s supposed to work.”
“You already know how I feel about that,” I said sharply.
“Well then,” she huffed. “I guess I need to get my shit together, huh?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a short one.