‹ Prequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Getting there.

Far From Over: A Billie Joe Story

Finally (Ellie's POV)

Tysen lets go and sets me down. He had picked me up while Billie was having a mental conversation with Christian. He takes my hand and walks me over to the couch, setting me on his lap and wrapping his arms around my waist. I sink back into him and sigh.

"Do you want me to leave you guys alone," Billie asks quietly. I feel Tysen nod so Billie stands and walks into a different room.

"So what was In-Between like," Tysen murmurs against the top of my head as he tightens his arms.

"Worse than Hell," I say nonchalantly. Some of his muscles tense.

"Why?"

"They locked me in a room so I would be stuck with nothing but my memories." All the times I've injured myself there come back to me. "I really hurt myself."

"How?" He tries his hardest to keep the fear from his voice, but I notice it. I notice everything now.

"I hit my head against the walls, pulled my hair out, cut myself with shards of glass-"

"You didn't tell me that," Billie says, standing in the kitchen doorway.

"Fuck off," Tysen tells him. They stare at each other for a few seconds before Billie walks back into the kitchen.

"I told you I cut, Billie," I yell as loud as my high pitched raspy voice allows. "I just didn't say what I used." He doesn't answer so I continue but in a lower volume. "The point of me going there was so I could maybe deal with what happened and why I killed myself so I can go to Heaven."

"How long are you here for," he asks in a whisper.

"I don't know." I look up at him. "If I stayed there, I would've only had a year. I'm here, so I could stay here forever..."

"But?" I bite my lip.

"I want to move on. The longer I stay here, the harder it'll be for that to happen." He nods.

"All right. I'm not gonna ask and beg for you to stay-"

"I won't age no matter how long I'm here."

"So it would get complicated if you stayed for a really long time." I nod. "But how long do you think you'll be here?"

"I don't know. Not too long, I want to be able to move on and forget about everything." He soothingly moves his thumb back and forth on my side.

"You're a strong girl," he says. 'I know you'll be able to." I look at him again.

"I can't be that strong if I took the coward's way out."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I went with Dreamless_Night62's suggestion to put a chapter in Ellie's POV :) do you guys think I should do some more in her POV? I dunno right now :/
Comment!
<3 - Katelyn