‹ Prequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Getting there.

Far From Over: A Billie Joe Story

Real

"I know he does," Ellie whispers.

"Should I call him now or later," I ask, feeling extremely sympathetic towards her. She's gone through so much and now she has to go through even more. Who wouldn't feel bad for her?

"Call him now." She whispers something to Tysen and he gently pushes her up. She walks past me to the stairs without making a sound on the creaky floor. She closes the door to her room after she glides in.

"She's so different now," Tysen murmurs. "She was quiet before, but now..." He shakes his head and rubs his eyes. "You can't even tell when she's in the room. And her eyes are always so wide and cautious."

"You think I haven't noticed," I ask, sinking into the recliner that was across from the couch.

"You haven't changed my room," Ellie says, standing at the top of the stairs, looking down at me. I furrow my eyebrows.

"I know," I say simply. She turns and walks back into her room, shutting the door once again.

"Like that," Tysen says quietly. "How weird is that? She comes out of her room to say that and just turns and walks back in. Whatever happened in where ever she was really fucked her up."

"Her living with me fucked her up, Tysen," I say, staring at the coffee table. "Reliving her memories in In-Between just screwed her up even more." I walk into the kitchen to grab the phone and dial Robbie's number.

"Hello," he asks on the second ring.

"You need to come over here," I say, trying to imagine his reaction when he sees Ellie.

"Why?"

"Because you just need to. Get over here ASAP." I hang up and look at Tysen.

"I really don't think he should be one of the people that knows she's back," he says. I sit back down on the recliner after setting the phone on the table.

"Why not," I ask. He glances at the top of the stairs to make sure Eliie isn't standing there.

"He won't be able to let her go when she needs to go back."

"You might be right, but they have a lot to talk about. You know that."

"I do, but he's still in shock that she..." He takes a small deep breath. "That she killed herself." He closes his eyes for a few seconds. "It might be too much for him to take all at once."

"But he has a right to know, Tysen," Ellie's voice fills the room. I look up at the top of the stairs, but she's not there. I turn my head and see her in the kitchen.

"How did you..." My voice trails off.

"When Tysen had his eyes closed," she answers, but returns her wide-eyed stare on Tysen. "I really need to talk to him."

"I know you do, babe, but-"

"Tysen," she says almost demandingly. She waits a few seconds to lower her voice while avoiding my gaze. "We need to talk. I need to talk to my real father at least one more time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn