Status: Might be slow to update. :'3

Pretty Sweet Pill

It's just another summer in Fort Wayne, Indiana. People coming, people going. Concerts to attend. Vacations to leave for. The usual summer. Nothing special about it.

There was also nothing special to the new girl in town. She wasn't the first person to move in, nor would she be the last. Just another southern girl moving up. Happens all the time. She might even get to rejoice and be with her twin once more after they were separated by their parents' divorce three years back. Who knows? Normal girl, normal city, normal summer. End of the line.

...Or, it started as a normal summer.

As of 8:56 p.m. EST, on July 2, 2010, normality won't exist. Not as we know it. It's very damn possible that it will never be the same ever again. Imagine: People fighting for their lives against people- not for money or power or greed, but to keep their innards in tact. What was once someone's best friend could now easily be tonight's dinner for them. The gruesome thought of reanimation, and it's happening. Fast.

This is not a story of how it happened, or why, or even if a solution is ever found. No. This is a memoir of what happened to a certain southern girl between the dates of June 30, 2010, and July 6, 2010. Whatever happened to the girl beyond then is hard to tell, but contained within those days are the words that kept so many alive, for those who were lucky to hear them.

And now, hopefully, they might save your skin one day, too.

------Notice------

Yes, this story was inspired by The Ready Set damn near entirely. The title was thought up from a line in 'Love like Woe', and a big part of the plot is basically a bastard child of the same song's music video. Only better. :'3 And yes, it will contain Jordan Witzigreuter, in case you were wondering.

Though I haven't done this with ANY of my other stories thus far, I feel the need to now; I do not, nor will I ever own, The Ready Set or any of it's songs. Nor will I ever own Jordan Witzigreuter, partly because that's illegal, and partly because I doubt I would ever have the funds to own anyone period. I do own, however, the original characters seen within this work, and the plot line is, yes, still mine. Don't touch them. Unless, of course, you have my permission. :'3